More Aba Goodness

Joshawaggie

Sadly the Gwinnet Gwizzlies is the best of the bunch. Dear lord why does the ABA suck so bad. And Gwizzlies makes me want to punch myself in the face so I can't see that stupid name anymore. Yick. ABA should visit this board for some help.

The "Gwinnett Gwizzlies" looks pretty cool!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

While the name is too "cute" for words, I don't mind the logo for the Gwinnett Gwizzlies. In fact, I believe it to be the most professionally rendered of any in the league. It's got a bit of the minor-league mascot feel to it, but it's light years better than anything else in the ABA.

Brian in Boston

Sadly the Gwinnet Gwizzlies is the best of the bunch. Dear lord why does the ABA suck so bad. And Gwizzlies makes me want to punch myself in the face so I can't see that stupid name anymore. Yick. ABA should visit this board for some help.

"Gwizzlies" also makes me want to punch Steve-O. ^_^

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm still trying to figure how a league picks good sized metro areas like Las Vegas, suburban Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Detroit as expansion cities. Then rounds it out by giving a franchise to Minot, N.D., a small town wrapped around an air force base.

My guess is they wasted a bunch of money paying some jackhole to rip off the IUPUI logo, and they couldn't afford to hire a decent designer to do a new one. That and/or they might have run out of time on the deadline to get stuff sent out for merchandise (God forbid...).

I realize that it helps to identify the league, but why must every logo include that shockingly patriotic ball? It seems to me like the logos help promote the ABA better than the teams themselves, and also prevent each team from creating its own identity that will stand out from other teams.

That said, the Gw(tf?)izzlies logo isn't that bad.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Gwizzlies--originally Grizzlies, but some idiot messed up some league application form and wrote Gwinnett Gwizzlies and sent it in. Then the team owners saw it and actually liked it, so they stuck with Gwizzlies instead of simply calling in a typo error and changing it back to Grizzlies. One of the dumbest name since Ice Patrol or Rad'z.

sad, but i have to agree with what was said before: the Gwizzlies' logo is the best of the bunch by far-the other two are so lame there's no humor in it. Makes ya think Elmer Fudd's the owner...be vewy vewy qwiet...i'm hunting wabbits

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Who wants to be the first to send an email to the marketing department for the Jammers saying they're probably in violation of the Minot City Freeze logo?

Minot's small, but they love their hoops. Helps that there's nothing else to do there. I mean nothing. Nada. Zip. I spent a week there one night.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived