XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

The Swiss did pretty darn good in their group, taking a great team to overtime, and a good team to a close loss. (Sorry, can't put the USA up in the "great" realm just yet - sure they beat Canada, but they haven't won a standalone World Championship since 1933.)

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every team in this tournament has been far off from perfect play. Sure the States & Sweden both went undefeated but faced adversity in at least two of their games. This could be any of the Hockey powers tournament to win or lose.

Canada shouldn't worry about Russia because just Canada they struggled in Group Play this of course if they make it by Germany. If it is Canada v Russia in the QF better bring your A game because it will be a War.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Writer on ESPN

Didn't even read the rest of the post to know that they're probably comparing this to the miracle on ice or a gold medal win. I mean, it's not that big of an upset, & the tournament's nowhere near over yet. Canada could still wind up with gold, or possibly beat the US if they run into each other again...but I hope none of that happens. :P Go USA. :flagusa:

Today's hit heard 'round the world...

2iievew.gif

BOOM!

Really, I thought it was this 3-way collision:

s1rugz.gif

we watched that 5 times on the DVR because we thought it was funny. I guess that's what happens when you haven't played with each other for very long.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Today's hit heard 'round the world...

2iievew.gif

BOOM!

Really, I thought it was this 3-way collision:

s1rugz.gif

Cute, but Larry, Mo and Curly have got nothin on Ovie's killshot!

I would LOVE it if next time Ovie played crosby he put this hit on "prima donna" #87...would be nice to see the cry baby get rocked

How does it feel to be dominated?

How 'bout you get back to me in about a week seeing as the olympics are far from over.

I guess you missed the press release. ;)

Canada concedes medal race to USA

Were talking about Hockey. We all know in Canada that we failed "At Owning the Podium" but We're all still very proud of our Athletes and the 4 Gold we have now is 4x more then we had in Calgary and Montreal.

I still think 14-16 Medals is not out of reach and that would great.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How does it feel to be dominated?

How 'bout you get back to me in about a week seeing as the olympics are far from over.

I guess you missed the press release. ;)

Canada concedes medal race to USA

Were talking about Hockey. We all know in Canada that we failed "At Owning the Podium" but We're all still very proud of our Athletes and the 4 Gold we have now is 4x more then we had in Calgary and Montreal.

I still think 14-16 Medals is not out of reach and that would great.

Actually, its infinitely more than what you had in Calgary and Montreal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived