MTV modifies logo

BadSeed84

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/129327

mtv_43518.jpg

I think thats horrible looking.

I really think they should have completely changed the logo. I mean its good they got rid of the music television part, because thats been a big joke for a damn while. Hell I would've wanted themt o change their name

But instead they just took their logo cropped off a piece of it, and is pretending its a new logo. You know I didnt like nickeldeon's change too much, but I can respect it, since they went with something new. but this?

All i have to say is

FAIL

I think it means that they cut off their head and legs. All that's left is a mutilated, rotting corpse.

But then I grew up with 120 Minutes, Headbanger's Ball, Liquid Television, the first two seasons of the Real World, and Beavis and Butthead to go along with a steady stream of great early 90's music. After that apex, where could they have gone?

As far as I know, they used it as one of those transparent logos at the bottom right of the screen (not sure what they're called?). Could be just leaked for about a year and a half, and just now decided to clarify. Not sure.

The little transparent logos in the bottom-right of the screen are called 'bugs'.

Back on topic, I had no idea they changed it.

Sigs are for sissies.

I think it means that they cut off their head and legs. All that's left is a mutilated, rotting corpse.

But then I grew up with 120 Minutes, Headbanger's Ball, Liquid Television, the first two seasons of the Real World, and Beavis and Butthead to go along with a steady stream of great early 90's music. After that apex, where could they have gone?

Quoted for truth. I remember when MTV was good :)

Quoted for truth. I remember when MTV was good :)

Even Yo! MTV Raps was pretty good for a network that had (has) no business having a hip hop show...

Anyway, I really don't see why they didn't do a complete re-brand. It seems a little backwards for a network that sees itself as THE arbiter of what's "it" and "now" would still be using a logo that's so synonymous with the 80s.

Anyway, I really don't see why they didn't do a complete re-brand. It seems a little backwards for a network that sees itself as THE arbiter of what's "it" and "now" would still be using a logo that's so synonymous with the 80s.

Don't that have a show called 'Teen Moms'? Wouldn't it make sense that everything they do is ill-conceived?

Also, The Grind had more of a plot that The Hills, The City and Laguna Beach combined.

It hasn't been different for that long.

It's been similar, the 'M' has been longer.

They shortened it up, just in the past few weeks.

The only thing they really changed is the height of the 'M.' They've been using the simplified two color logo for a long while.

Just look at this, to see what I'm saying...

Same logo, just taller.

mtv-logo.gif

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well I guess they've officially stopped blatantly false advertising, huh?

I haven't even so much as stopped for 3 seconds on MTV in years, so I wouldn't have noticed if they'd been using this as the "bug" logo.

I don't like to think about music related television... it's so sad it had to die. And then that awesome new cable/sat channel The Tube went off the air a few years back. Damn you reality TV!!!!!

Anyway the logo update itself is stupid. If they wanted to separate themselves from the real MTV, then they should have just rebranded entirely. If I as ever to watch MTV, I'd just be saddened by how awesome it used to be by looking at the dismembered classic logo, and quickly change to some actual entertainment on another channel.

Quoted for truth.

man i miss those days. to me THAT was mtv.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Keeping the iconic logo around is a joke. Going ahead with the name "MTV" is a joke. Everything about the channel is a joke.

I feel sorry for this generation. MTV was a channel worth watching when I was growing up.

6uXNWAo.png

Quoted for truth.

man i miss those days. to me THAT was mtv.

Agreed, I think it was Carson Daly and Total Request Live that ruined what was MTV. Today it's nothing more than a joke, a show called Teen Moms? Really? I guess the only good thing about it is Snookie.

Archived