ACC Football Concepts

dgnmrwrw

I've been working on doing a rebrand for my alma mater, NC State, and developing football unis, basketball unis, baseball unis, everything across the board. Out of that, and with some leftover ideas from my NFL redesign series, I ended up doing football concepts for all the teams in the ACC.

Basically, I just wanted to throw these twelve teams out there and get comments. Not sure yet if this will lead anywhere else, but here they are.

Boston College Home | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Clemson Home | Road | Road Alt

Duke Home | Road | Road Alt

Florida State Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Georgia Tech Home | Road | Road Alt

Maryland Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Miami Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

NC State Home | Road

North Carolina Home | Road | Road Alt

Virginia Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Virginia Tech Home | Road | Road Alt

Wake Forest Home | Road | Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Maryland i love.

I'm not sure why Duke doesnt put the D logo on their helmets. Isn't the D just MADE for a helmet?

UNC... i would carry the argyle design of the diamons from the jersey down to the pants.

FSU, i really like the feather idea a la Oregon's uniforms this year. However, the feather they have on their basketball shorts is the coolest design i have seen yet.

for The U... I am assuming since the left and right side stripes on the jersey are different, one orange, one green, this is echoed on the sides of the pants leg? one side starts orange ends green while the other starts green ends orange?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I find the Miami, Maryland, Florida State, Georiga Tech, and Virginia Tech ones amazing. You've really captured what a modern football jersey is supposed to look like. The only thin I would change is the side striping on the UNC jersey to come down to the pants, as the poster above said. But these are really great, keep it up.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Would have liked to see the home alt for UMD to be black.

You know, I made one and almost posted it. But it seemed to me like it was just too much black at the expense of the red. That said, it would be an alternate, so here it is.

Great work! Are you planning to do other conferences too?

Probably not soon. Most of these started as leftover ideas from the NFL stuff. But the response has been pretty good, so I might do it eventually.

I'm not sure why Duke doesnt put the D logo on their helmets. Isn't the D just MADE for a helmet?

for The U... I am assuming since the left and right side stripes on the jersey are different, one orange, one green, this is echoed on the sides of the pants leg? one side starts orange ends green while the other starts green ends orange?

You know, Duke does currently use the plain D on a white helmet. To me, it looks very small and bland. I'm actually in the camp of people who think that the "Duke" wordmark from the 90s (which I used) looks better. It fills the space more, imo.

Yeah, you're right about Miami. On the entire uni, the two sides are different. That started with their logo, which is perfectly symmetrical but in reversed colors. I extended the piping from that.

I find the Miami, Maryland, Florida State, Georiga Tech, and Virginia Tech ones amazing. You've really captured what a modern football jersey is supposed to look like. The only thin I would change is the side striping on the UNC jersey to come down to the pants, as the poster above said. But these are really great, keep it up.

You know, I'm not sure where the argyle would go. There aren't any colored side panels on the jerseys to match the colored stripes on the pants. The argyle on the jerseys would just be a light sublimation, like the FSU feathers. I guess I could put it inside the pants stripe, but then the jersey and pants would be mismatched, because the argyle on the jerseys would be much wider and (sometimes) a different color.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

dgnmrwrw, you know I love your work and I'm glad to see another set from you. I'm one who hopes you'll do other conferences as well. Good job as always. If I have to pick a favorite though it's Maryland. My least favorite is Clemson (not that that's a bad thing) my only critique is adding a purple jersey to the Clemson collection.

7824_large.jpg

Archived