Is this a "counterfit" jersey

charger77

Recently I purchased a home RBK Gameware Minnesota Wild home jersey. I also purchased a home Wild patch and the NHL shield patch. Thanks to some great ebay deals I paid lest than $20 for the materials.

I had the patches sewn on and now have a home Wild jersey for less than $20. Also, I used a thread ripper to unstitch the reebok word mark on the front of the jersey.

This jersey is just for me. I am not going to sell it. Just wanted to see if I could make one on the cheap and if it was worth while.

Would this be considered a counterfit jersey?

Thanks,

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

it's a DIY (do it yourself) in my opinion, and there's no harm in that. as long as you're not selling it and trying to pass it off as an authentic to another buyer, then what's the harm? i consider counterfeits to be a misrepresentation of a jersey sold for a profit. if you want to put the work into putting together your own sweater, i say by all means go for it!

sig2024.png

Counterfeit? No.

But if you ever sell it, then most likely, yes, you'll be violating all kinds of intellectual property laws. Which is to say, counterfeiting. So hang on to that thing, and if you ever need to part with it, give it away or barter for it with someone you know who knows it's DIY. Even selling it on ebay labelled as a homemade jersey could get you in trouble, even if only to the extent of having ebay cancel your account. Been known to happen.

And post some pictures so we can see your good work! (I've been thinking about doing the same thing, since the defunct Wild and Caps jerseys I like best are no longer available new.)

20082614447.png

Definition of conterfeit:

1 : made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive : forged

2 : insincere, feigned

As long as you never try to pass it off as a real licensed product, you're good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I unstitched the Reebok wordmark with a thread-ripper. It looks good, no snags or pulls. I'll get the final product posted as soon as I can.

-Dan

Good to know that the Reebok wordmark is stitched under the collar, and can be removed. I was worried it would be sublimated into the fabric or something. Time to get cracking on a revamped Coyotes alt, I think.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I unstitched the Reebok wordmark with a thread-ripper. It looks good, no snags or pulls. I'll get the final product posted as soon as I can.

-Dan

Good to know that the Reebok wordmark is stitched under the collar, and can be removed. I was worried it would be sublimated into the fabric or something. Time to get cracking on a revamped Coyotes alt, I think.

After you unstitch it, wash it and the reebok ghost goes away.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The materials are not the exact same on the blank gamewear intended jerseys as the replicas and authentics though. Visually there's no difference but I've got both hanging in my shop and the ones intended for game use are definitely heavier.

Archived