Buffalo Bills Uniform Concept

Nick in England

All - while I am not quite there with my redesign of the Bills logo, I have managed to finish what I think the Bills need to move to immediately as their uniform. The idea is to blend old and new, so I have taken the 90's era helmet and the 60's era duds and made a uniform of it. For the alt's I have tried to give a flavour of the modern with the monochrome look, and a 70's era white and blue combo for the away. Finally, as a third alt I offer up a new red-base uniform.

C&C Welcome.

4376835372_13a257bc83_b.jpg

4376089343_5458a55d08_b.jpg

4376090621_1a310b71ce_b.jpg

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIce job I really like them! A few wee things I'd tweak, I'd look at angling the shoulder stripes so the run parallel with the cut of the sleeve, and I'm not so sure about the red versions, at first glance they remind me of Patriots throwbacks, but I have to say I really like the blue monochrome version and usually I'm not that fussed when it comes to monochrome uni's.

Much prefer the classic helmet as well, the Bills helmets of late have just become ridiculous I mean how many stripes are there on there now? About a dozen and the decals have grown so big they overlap everything, good to see the clean classic look come back!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

You've got the right idea here, but there are tons of inconsistancies, and the Bills really lack consistancy right now.

For the socks, first off, I'd limit it to just three stripes, otherwise they look a little forced.

The stripes on the sleeves need to be morphed more onto the sleeve, what you have now isn't aligned well. also, I'd stay with a red-white-blue-white-blue-white-red stripe the whole ay through the sleeves, on the aways, homes, and alternates. I'd try doing the same for the pants, and maybe widening them out a bit.

Very nice job here, I'm really liking this. Looking foward to an update.

EDIT: Wow, 9ers, we same the same thing as we posted at aboutn the same time :P

Hey... I'm not sure about the blue shirt on blue pants or the red shirt on red pants. I think for the red set, gray pants might work better. They can then be worn with the blue uniform too. The quality is VERY good, but I'm not sure about how you matched the colors of the pants and shirts.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think 4 pairs of pants is a bit much. Maybe make one pair of white pants, not two.

I'm pretty sure tht the belts and socks are interchangable, not necessarily creating another set of pants. I know my Carolina Panthers wear their silver pants at home while wearing the black tops, they use the black socks with these. And when they wear their blues, they have blue socks, so I don't necessarily call it another 'pair' of pants.

That's my opinion.

Thanks all for the comments.

Socks stripes - it's a classic element of Bills design from the 60's and I'd hate to move away from it. I'll post my reference pictures in a second...

Ref the pants stripe - I'm concerned that the RWBWBWR is going to look like overkill. I'm going to give it a try though.

Gray pants? No.

Red on Red - I'm also not sold... But hey this is a concept, right?

Colour matching is a problem I will fix in my update.

Helmet stripe - the argument would go that if you use RWBWBWR everywhere else, you might need to you it on the helmet. Thoughts?

To be honest, if you are going for a modernization, I'd advise you eliminate the striped socks. While I understand your goal, today's players just don't like wearing striped socks, hence why the Colts don't currently wear them, despite keeping the grey facemask and black cleats of the old uniforms. The 49ers players also opted not to wear striped socks when their new uniforms were being designed. The closest you'll get to striped socks today are the ones like the Lions, Bills, and Broncos currently sport.

Also, it seems like with every modernized uni, teams are adding collar wordmarks. While they annoy many traditionalists, adding an non-descript collar wordmark would be staying true to form in terms of a modernization.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

To be honest, if you are going for a modernization, I'd advise you eliminate the striped socks. While I understand your goal, today's players just don't like wearing striped socks, hence why the Colts don't currently wear them, despite keeping the grey facemask and black cleats of the old uniforms. The 49ers players also opted not to wear striped socks when their new uniforms were being designed. The closest you'll get to striped socks today are the ones like the Lions, Bills, and Broncos currently sport.

Also, it seems like with every modernized uni, teams are adding collar wordmarks. While they annoy many traditionalists, adding an non-descript collar wordmark would be staying true to form in terms of a modernization.

Fair points. BUT, I'm not adding a wordmark - it looks stupid. I'm also not going to abandon striped socks. Whether players like them or not, They are here to stay.

Gray pants would work on the Blue and Red Jersey, better than anything else would besides white. That is the only point i am making with the gray.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

These are pretty near perfect. Great job.

My only suggestion would be to try out a white helmet and see how it looks.

Also, the red alternate would really work well in reality if done right.

Gray pants would work on the Blue and Red Jersey, better than anything else would besides white. That is the only point i am making with the gray.

The thing is that grey doesn't appear anywhere else on the concept. It would look out of place if just used on the pants. Plus it would bring the Giants to mind. Now that the Giants have added grey the door's open for the Bills to become the red, white, and blue team in the NFL.

i don't think you necessarily must have the gray in the uniform in order for it to look right. As for the comparison to the Giants, you are 100% correct, however, i do think it is the only other color that would work.

If done correctly, the gray could be incorporated into the uniform subtly.

Fair points. BUT, I'm not adding a wordmark - it looks stupid. I'm also not going to abandon striped socks. Whether players like them or not, They are here to stay.

Just a point about the under-collar wordmark - it's more than just a design consideration. I think that you see teams like the Browns and Redskins adding them because they don't have any logos or trademarked marks anywhere else on their jerseys, so it would be pretty easy for a counterfeiter to just make a plain jersey with some stripes and pass it off as a real one. By putting a logo patch or a wordmark on it, it makes it less likely that a person would buy one of these plain knock-offs, and it would add legal consequences to the maker of said knock-offs if he or she illegally reproduced the wordmark or logo.

Right now, off the top of my head, the Cowboys are the only team that doesn't have some kind of TMd mark on their jerseys, and even they experimented with it a few years ago. NFL Properties would be hard pressed to approve any re-design that didn't include one of these marks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nice job overall, but my complaint would be what it always is...

I hate when the pants and the socks are the same color. (I should save this tirade on my desktop, I use it so often.) It's especially a problem when you're going for this kinda traditional look. You need one pair of white w/ stripes socks to go with any dark pants.

Just a point about the under-collar wordmark - it's more than just a design consideration. I think that you see teams like the Browns and Redskins adding them because they don't have any logos or trademarked marks anywhere else on their jerseys, so it would be pretty easy for a counterfeiter to just make a plain jersey with some stripes and pass it off as a real one. By putting a logo patch or a wordmark on it, it makes it less likely that a person would buy one of these plain knock-offs, and it would add legal consequences to the maker of said knock-offs if he or she illegally reproduced the wordmark or logo.

Right now, off the top of my head, the Cowboys are the only team that doesn't have some kind of TMd mark on their jerseys, and even they experimented with it a few years ago. NFL Properties would be hard pressed to approve any re-design that didn't include one of these marks.

Weren't the Cowboys the first team to sport their logo type under the NFL shield at the collar? I seem to remember them having it there during the 90's. Did they remove it or something? Being a 9ers fan I can honestly say I dont spend a great deal of time checking or even really caring what the Cowboys do with their uni's but I'd be surprised to find they've ditched something they were pioneers of years ago.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived