Six International Hockey Concepts

IronChefShark

Ive added six more to my collection. no need to copy and paste

These are on Angelfire now, not Tripod!

Fiji: this is one of those countries where the national teams colors dont match the colors of the flag. Ive researched all Fijian national teams (rugby, soccer, basketball, baseball) and they all seem to wear black and white with some having some silver mixed in, and red lettering and numbers thrown in for good measure. One thing they do all have in common though, is a simplistic lone palm tree logo. So thats what I went with. I made the logo myself btw.

Guatemala: primarily a light blue and white with navy trim. I went with something that would resemble thier soccer kits somewhat. I actually made that logo of the queztal bird that appears on the Guatemalan coat of arms

India: Like Italy, Indian national teams use the historical colors of navy blue and light blue for most of thier national teams. The cricket team wears navy blue hats with a gold chakra on them (theyre pretty cool looking too) and POWDER BLUE uniforms. some of thier national teams like the soccer team do incorporate the flag colors of orange and green on thier uniforms though. so thats what I did here. Personally, this is one of my favorite ones in this collection now

Pakistan: yes, I felt India needed to have thier arch rival here. Simple looking jersey using only two colors, green and white. the logo is actually the national emblem. As most of you know though some national symbols in Islamic countries are considered sacred by those countries governments and thier use is forbidden on things such as sports uniforms. However I read that the Pakistani cricket team does use this logo on thier uniforms, so I rolled with it.

Peru: as one of Mexican blood Im supposed to hold some sort of disdain for the Peruvians (its a rivalry that dates back to ancient times after all. we aztecs never saw eye to eye with the incas) but despite that I decided to give them these jerseys. Of this set of six, this is possibly the most realistic nation for hockey, with the snow capped Andes and such. I went with predominately red and white jerseys with some black trim. the ornamentation on the bottom of the jersey comes from a picture of an Incan timepiece I saw on an Inca research website.

Samoa: probably the most traditional looking of this group. I patterned it roughly after the rugby teams kits. The shoulder logo is actually the logo used by the Samoan rugby team. I thought it would look cool applied on the shoulders of these hockey jerseys.

i'll just edit this post since i can now see clearly...

the striping on the Peru jersey rules, reminds me relevance wise to the Senators third. India is a little inconsistent but otherwise good...think UCLA football inconsistent. that, and the Samoa shoulder logo is cool in an Adam Sandler kinda way. :hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

...and please, everyone, take note that this is a discussion thread, and please be considerate of Shark and his attitude toward certain types of replies. We've had too many of these end in fights, and let's not have that happen again. I will be monitoring this closely.

I like what you've done here Shark. Fiji's primary logo is especially cool. I don't like how Guatemala's jersey colours and logo colours don't match. I always thought that an elephant could be used in a cool modern logo for an Indian national team. Pakistan's jersey is solid. I don't like Peru's primary logo, although the hem trim is very cool (kinda like the Senators'). Samoa isn't bad, not my favourite however.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

These are all very nice. I especially like the Samoan shoulder logo. Looks like a native dancing football (or rugby ball, whatever). In the words of one of my many, many friends...

"Good Shtuff."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Samoa and Peru take first and second, respectively. Though I have a love of the Pakistan jerseys because my schools colors are forest green and white and I know how hard designing for that can be. India is a giant curveball for me, but I like how you used the colors(navy and powder blue) that the other national teams use. Do the other Indian national teams use those two colors plus orange and green normally, or do they just use the double blue?

I too add my support. Well done.

I thought the Samoan thing was a surfboard, with legs and an arm.

Either way, nice work.

PS:

Pakistan's cricket logo is a star with the Arabic script inside it.lgpakistan.jpg

I've never seen them use the crescent moon from their flag in sporting attire.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

here are four more, all of which are arab nations

Egypt: This one has so many potential routes of creativity that sometimes too much could be bad. Of course I kept the base of these jerseys simple with the national colors of red and black with the coyotes sand color added as an accent. The unique aspect of these jerseys are my heiroglyphics at the hem :D. The crest stumped me for a while and I will be honest, I rushed it so it doesnt look as good as it should. As with my Mexico logo I might come back to it later and improve on it

Kuwait: Yes, they are blue. Thier soccer team wears blue uniforms with some black trim on them. I dont know why, but they do. I threw in green and red from the flag to make them look a little more interesting. The arabic script reads "Kuwait" and I made sure I got it right. You know how long it took me to get the correct wording for this? :wacko:

Morocco: Basically its just another recolored Sharks template, but I felt it would work. Its the placement of the colors that give them a different feel. Another reason why I chose this application was because it resembles the Moroccan soccer kits loosely. The crown from the coat of arms is used as the crest, as I didnt just want to slap the simple Solomon's Seal star on the chest. I did put it on the shoulders however

Saudi Arabia: this one was a pain to do for two reasons. First, the flag is considered sacred by the Saudi government and it is highly illegal to use its image on clothing or documents and such. Second, I wanted to keep a simple green and white look without it looking too much like the Pakistan concept I did. So as a crest, I used the national emblem depicting a palm tree with two crossed schimitars below it, and applied a simplified striping pattern based loosely on the bruins jerseys. I also added the arabic script that reads "Saudi Arabia" at the hem. Thankfully I found this while looking for the Kuwait script

enjoy!

I too add my support. Well done.

I thought the Samoan thing was a surfboard, with legs and an arm.

Either way, nice work.

PS:

Pakistan's cricket logo is a star with the Arabic script inside it.lgpakistan.jpg

I've never seen them use the crescent moon from their flag in sporting attire.

actuallly the pakistani cricket team, at one point, used the cresent and star logo. i have a picture to prove it.

Egypt: Uniform is nice, but the hockey heiroglyphics border on extremely corny. Logo has good potential.

Kuwait:blue. I understand why, but like your India set, I'm not really attracted to it.

Morocco: Sharks template is alright. The logo however does not really say Morocco to me. if you didn't tell me, I wouldn't know what team that was(well, I might know because of the secondary shoulder logo).

Saudi Arabia: Lots of empty space, but I really like these. These are my favorites of this batch.

Archived