North Texas Fouts Field logo

Spearhead

Yours truly designed that logo.

Hey hey, keep the tooting of one's horn to the "Celebrate Yourself Here" thread! Geesh! :P

Very nice looking logo though. I have a soft spot in my heart for NTU, I almost transfered there after my freshman year because I was dating a girl from the DFW area.

Ah...my alma mater.

When I went there long ago, the team wore Apple Green and Forest Green unis, had the "Flying Worm" on the helmets, and Fouts Field was already a horrific piece o' crap.

UNT was LONG overdue for a new stadium.

My friends who are current students aren't too happy about the school adding on a fee to their tuition to build a stadium they don't want. I've never been to Fouts Field, only driven past it, but I'm sure it badly needs to be replaced. There just isnt much support of the athletics department from UNT students which is surprising considering the school has around 30,000 students

I was accepted to UNT, and would have loved to have gone if we weren't currently in a recession. I would have been ok with a (small) tuition hike to pay for a new stadium; Fouts Field just isn't any good for... well, anything.

As for the logo; it's good work. It captures the flow of the stadium really well.

My friends who are current students aren't too happy about the school adding on a fee to their tuition to build a stadium they don't want. I've never been to Fouts Field, only driven past it, but I'm sure it badly needs to be replaced. There just isnt much support of the athletics department from UNT students which is surprising considering the school has around 30,000 students

Well that gets them ready for real life when you have taxes added for all kinds of things you do not want, but still have to pay for.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Weed is a hell of a distraction.

newsig.jpg

When I went there in the early '80s, it was pretty much a commuter school. On weekends, most students went home. I'm guessing that even though there are a lot more people attending UNT these days, it's probably the same issue.

It doesn't help that most of the people I know there are more of the artsy/music types. Not your stereotypical college sports fan. I don't fault the school for trying to jump start the sports program. UNT is the largest public school nest to the metroplex. With the right resources, theres no reason they can't field a competitive football team. At least one thats usually in the top of the sun belt standings.

Oh yea, cool logo btw. How do you think they will handle the sun/light beams if this is used on the field.

It doesn't help that most of the people I know there are more of the artsy/music types. Not your stereotypical college sports fan.

Hey - I resemble that remark...

(Bachelor's of Music - jazz studies, 1985)

Archived