Jersey Shore Hockey Association

philly97flyer

***PLEASE READ FIRST***

The Jersey Shore Hockey Association is a project I have been working on for close to 5 years now. I have tinkered with it alot, including transferring the whole league over to EDGE a few years ago. I have been really hesistant to post the concepts on here for fear of all kinds of criticism. Ive used/modified logos from the internet, even borrowed some stuff from other concepts Ive seen on here. A couple of the teams have college logos (Alabama, East Carolina). Im not taking full credit for all of these designs, alot of it mirrors uniforms from the parent NHL teams. I made this concept as more of a "what if", not necessarily my own creativity from scratch, but my ideas as to what this league might look like had it actually existed. It includes 30 teams from various towns at or around the Jersey Shore, all with affiliation to an NHL team. Im open to ALL criticism, if you want to call me a plagiarist for some of the designs, go right ahead. The idea isnt to pass this off as my own work per se, but to be more of a pieceing together. Ill be more than happy to give credit where credit is due for the some of the logos, so if you see something you recognize, dont hesitate to give me a heads up. That being said, all 30 teams can be viewed here:

Jersey Shore Hockey Association

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Seriously digging the Ocean City, Ventnor, West Wildwood, and Stone Harbor 3rds.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

:D The cape may 3rd is BEAST!!!!!

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.? - 'Broad Street Bullies' coach Fred "The Fog" Shero

1z4y8ms.jpg

"A guy broke into my apartment last week.. He didn't take the TV, just the remote. Now he drives by and changes the channels.. Sick b***ard"

I had that logo for a while now, but I believe it was the Israel national team logo or something like that? Dont quote me on it but I think thats what it is.

Yeah, it is:

IIH

I thought it looked familiar... :)

The JSHA has some really fun concepts, btw.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Great work on this project! I appreciate the dedication and time you put into it :)

Really like the Aces third, enitre Whalers set, Generals third (awesome font!), entire Barons set (although I would put a # on the front), Stars ((**)), Jets home and road, entire Pirates set (Vancouver + Chicago + Barrie OHL = Stone Harbor!), entire Chiefs set, and Panthers third (WOW!).

Any chance we can see the alternate and shoulder logos you used for this project, too?

Props to using the orginal Tampa Bay letter font for the Somers Point set! Did you draw it out freehand? I had modified an existing Roger Clemente resource font for the TB font several years ago, since I couldn't find it anywhere and it's a fond favorite of mine.

And speaking of fonts, what font did you use for the "VENTNOR" text on the front of the blue third jersey? I presume you used the NFL Oilers vintage font for the numbers, right?

Certainly hope to see more of your work on here!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Ill post some requested larger logos and All Star/Playoff stuff later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned for that.

The Gamblers 3rd jersey logo is actually a spin off of an old Washington Nationals logo, which is also supposed to resemble a poker chip. I wanted to make the Atlantic City team have a gambling reference so I thought it was the perfect correlation.

And lol yes I dont think in a real life situation, Alabama would loan their logo to my league. Keep in mind this is a 5 year old project, and Margate was one of my original teams. The use of the Alabama logo came as a result of me not being very creative, so to speak, 5 years ago as compared to now. Even through all of the updates and changes, there are a handful of teams that I wont change, for tradition's sake.

To answer the question about getting team names, some of it was alliteration (Avalon Admirals, Anglesea Aeros, Wildwood Wave, etc), some of it was just using logic (There is a giant elephant building in Margate, Barnegat Lighthouse is a famous landmark, Cape May is rich in colonial American architecture and history), and some of it, well, I just made uniforms/identities based around parent NHL teams (Rumson Blues, Ventnor Penguins, West Wildwood Panthers, etc).

There is logic behind pretty much everything, so if you have questions, please ask, Id love to answer them. Thanks again for all the support and feedback.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived