Arena Football League 2011

dcameronh

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Philly has lost the charcoal helmet and switched to black - like Arizona. Stupid.

Utah, on the other hand, has made a switch to a matte finish helmet, and lost white trim on the jerseys in any way, aside from the Blaze text logo and "B" icon:

Slideshow is pretty thorough.

Utah/Tampa Game Photos

New team - Pittsburgh Power. Watched some of their game last week vs. Philly Soul...nice looking uniforms. Helmets looked black with a ton of metallic in it.

Pittsburgh-Power-Logo.png

20110312power_330.jpg

34601357E.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

28778ae1-502a-11e0-9e25-00259005b103_w500.jpg

20110311power_500.jpg

Slideshow - http://photos.triblive.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=34601336&event=1188775&CategoryID=66999

It's morphin time, did they put it to megazord mode in those unis?

New team - Pittsburgh Power. Watched some of their game last week vs. Philly Soul...nice looking uniforms. Helmets looked black with a ton of metallic in it.

Pittsburgh-Power-Logo.png

20110312power_330.jpg

34601357E.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

28778ae1-502a-11e0-9e25-00259005b103_w500.jpg

20110311power_500.jpg

Slideshow - http://photos.triblive.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=34601336&event=1188775&CategoryID=66999

It's morphin time, did they put it to megazord mode in those unis?

I hate that the P on the helmet doesn't match with the Ps in the logo. Plus, I think they could have done better with the helmet design. Maybe the bolt (ie.. Chargers)?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Any pictures of the VooDoo?

Not much of a difference, but there are some small changes that I'm not a fan of. For reference, here is the old look:

3796035211_d15416eaeb_o.jpg

The biggest change (and I am no fan of this) is that they went with purple pants at home for a crappy monochromatic look:

9376381-large.jpg

Their first away game is tomorrow night, I'm hoping they have some white pants. Maybe they'll even bring them back at home.

The other thing I'm most disappointed about is that they chose to put the primary logo on the jersey sleves instead of their killer secondary logo. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the primary logo. It's easily one of the best in the AFL. But I also hate overkill - especially when their is such a good secondary logo available.

9399187-large.jpg

Finally, I'm not a fan of the red down the sides of the jerseys either:

9356213-large.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

I was watching the Chicago Rush (huge fan!) and the Soul game last week on NFL Network and noticed that the AFL ball is using the old AFL uprights logo on it. Has anyone noticed or have pictures this ans the old logo on both side of the ball? Maybe I was seeing things.

I see the Predators have switched to a black logo with red outline on the helmets, and appear to have gone from a block number font to something with rounded corners.

Disappointing downgrades by the Voodoo. Their last look really had it perfect, even if I did lament the departure of Futura Bold Condensed as their number font. Also, are they only wearing the logo on the right side of the helmet, now? Come on, you aren't the Detroit Fury here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was watching the Chicago Rush (huge fan!) and the Soul game last week on NFL Network and noticed that the AFL ball is using the old AFL uprights logo on it. Has anyone noticed or have pictures this ans the old logo on both side of the ball? Maybe I was seeing things.

there using the old af2 footballs mate

I see the Predators have switched to a black logo with red outline on the helmets, and appear to have gone from a block number font to something with rounded corners.

Wow, great catch. I didn't even notice that when I was searching for the pics. I was too focused on the changes to the Voodoo look. I'm definitely not a fan of the black logo on the black helmets. Downgrade for Orlando, IMO.

Disappointing downgrades by the Voodoo. Their last look really had it perfect, even if I did lament the departure of Futura Bold Condensed as their number font. Also, are they only wearing the logo on the right side of the helmet, now? Come on, you aren't the Detroit Fury here.

Voodoo have logo both sides. It's simply a case of mis placed timing

The lower pic is from the pre season game, and the above ones from the regular season...

Correct, the pic without the helmet decals is from a preseason scrimmage vs Dallas.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived