2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

My picks:

San Jose 4, Detroit 2 **crosses fingers, says a prayer, rubs a bald head**

Chicago 4, Vancouver 3

Pittsburgh 4, Montreal 3

Boston 4, Philadelphia 2

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I really wanted the Bruins to play the Penguins in the next round. Look like we got our Winter Classic opponents, the Flyers, first.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm the only Canadiens fan in the whole city of Quilmes BA, Argentina that is very, very happy with the big victory tonight...!!! :flagcanada:

ALLEZ LES HABS... !!! ON SE PEUT, OUI !!!

well im the only Habs fan here in my town i think whtever, am very happy wi this victory too :flagcanada:

34z0jli.jpg

Once again, the Capitals are, in the words of Tony Kornheiser, a bunch of choking dogs. They are taking up the usual Sharks' schtick (you know, since the Sharks actually won a series this year).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, I felt so dirty rooting for Montreal tonight. Never again. (Except this round! Beat the Penguins and then I'll stop! Ha ha!) I'm relieved the B's will be playing Philly, have home ice, Savard back, and this should be an intense, physical series. And if all goes according to plan (highly unlikely), a Canadiens-Bruins ECF will be waiting on the other side. I can dream.

Bring on Philly. Heck, let's just play this entire series outside. Should be a blast.

I would like to remind a certain washington fan of something...

Maz, I'm offering you a challenge:

Which ever team, the Caps or Pens, advances furthest this season, the loser of this competitive agreement has to show their support for their opponents team until the first game of the 2010/2011 regular season in their signature.

If both teams fail to advance to the playoffs, the winner will be determined based on the following:

- total points accumulated in standings. If tied, then:

- number of regulation victories (no shootout). If tied, then:

- head-to-head record against each other. If tied, then:

- goals difference between the four meetings.

This show of support for the rival team can be a moderately sized image or text file, but must be team or player(s) related and not completely inappropriate.

Do you accept?

FWIW, I would have used this if you had won: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/maz1960/Carefulwhatyouwishfor.png

... Maybe we're all better off this way.

And game one is on my birthday. And Im going. Suhweeeeeet.

A bet is a bet, so whenever you have chosen your signature of choice, let me know.

I would like to remind a certain washington fan of something...

Maz, I'm offering you a challenge:

Which ever team, the Caps or Pens, advances furthest this season, the loser of this competitive agreement has to show their support for their opponents team until the first game of the 2010/2011 regular season in their signature.

If both teams fail to advance to the playoffs, the winner will be determined based on the following:

- total points accumulated in standings. If tied, then:

- number of regulation victories (no shootout). If tied, then:

- head-to-head record against each other. If tied, then:

- goals difference between the four meetings.

This show of support for the rival team can be a moderately sized image or text file, but must be team or player(s) related and not completely inappropriate.

Do you accept?

FWIW, I would have used this if you had won: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/maz1960/Carefulwhatyouwishfor.png

... Maybe we're all better off this way.

And game one is on my birthday. And Im going. Suhweeeeeet.

A bet is a bet, so what ever you have as your signature of choice, let me know and I'll make it my signature till the first regular season game of the 2010 - 2011 season.

In Memoriam

A Brief Synopsis of the Washington Capitals 2009-10 Season where the #1 ranked offense, #1 ranked power play unit, suspect defense, terrible penalty killing units and spotty goaltending during the regular season helps team steamroll through the Nascar Division and Eastern Conference. Before the Olympic Break, team goes on a 14 game winning streak which was, ironically, ended by the Montreal Canadiens. After Olympic Break, team wins its first ever meaningless President's Trophy as the best regular season team on the ice and continues to not play any meaningful games until the playoffs begin. On the last day of the regular season, team finds out that their Quarterfinal opponent is the team from Krypton Quebec, the Kryptonites Montreal Canadiens. Team falters as their strengths have turned into their weaknesses: ineptitude at scoring in the final three games, non-existent power play units; and weaknesses have become exposed: suspect defense! The opposition masters the art of shutting down the prolific offense combined with phenomenal goaltending and the not so impossible was accomplished: the Capitals hit the golf course a hell of a lot sooner than expected.

It should be a nominee for POtD.

I'll second that

Make that three!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

In regards to Luongo, he got better over time against the Kings. On the other hand, he is prone to getting distracted and trying to do to much, so it's going to be a matter of whether or not he can maintain focus against the Hawks.

I'd say the teams are pretty evenly matched, forwards are a wash, Hawks D is better, Canucks goaltending is better.

Archived