2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

Lalonde is much closer to contributing than Danis-Pepin, though. He's either the #1 prospect or will be once Beach is set in the National. What's enticing and frustrating about the Danis-Pepin project is that he's 6'7" and still filling out. If he gets it together, he'll be a force, but apparently he's still struggling a bit. Defensemen take longer to ripen as a general rule, and someone whose size is so outside the norm is naturally going to take longer still.

The consensus seems to be that Lalonde is ready to step up now with Connelly close behind. The smart approach is probably to get a veteran for a #7 who can plug in on the third pairing so it's not always two rookies. Boynton can fill that role if he's willing to take the minimum, but the Hawks can do better there.

Fair enough. I'd still like to see Skille get the chance to prove his worth, though.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious to see what the Flames get up to starting tomorrow. After last season and all of the terribly awful trades Sutter made, I've shifted into the "Fire Darryl" camp. If he gets rid of Iginla, I will be very unhappy. I just hope he doesn't wreck things too much.

I'd still like to see Skille get the chance to prove his worth, though.

I'd rather see them trade him for whatever they can get. One of Quenneville's first moves as head coach was to demote Jack Skille and call up Troy Brouwer, and that was when Brouwer wasn't nearly as skilled as he's become since October '08. They didn't show much faith in him this year, either, and were content to let him be the star of the Rockford squad. I'm sorry, but when prospects are stuck playing well in the AHL for years and they're not playing for Grand Rapids, you have to start admitting that they're not going to make it. I would love it if Skille can step up and be a contributor at fourth-line RW, but it's not looking promising. Talk about a wasted #7 overall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm curious to see what the Flames get up to starting tomorrow. After last season and all of the terribly awful trades Sutter made, I've shifted into the "Fire Darryl" camp. If he gets rid of Iginla, I will be very unhappy. I just hope he doesn't wreck things too much.

Iginla's not going anywhere. Per Mark Spector's Twitter their will be announcement this afternoon down at the Dome so I'd suspect trade.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Iginla's not going anywhere. Per Mark Spector's Twitter their will be announcement this afternoon down at the Dome so I'd suspect trade.

I'm totally expecting a trade. Sutter always goes the trade route. Sportsnet was reporting rumours of Regehr for Savard. I'm a bit unsure about that one considering Savard's injury last season.

I'd still like to see Skille get the chance to prove his worth, though.

I'd rather see them trade him for whatever they can get. One of Quenneville's first moves as head coach was to demote Jack Skille and call up Troy Brouwer, and that was when Brouwer wasn't nearly as skilled as he's become since October '08. They didn't show much faith in him this year, either, and were content to let him be the star of the Rockford squad. I'm sorry, but when prospects are stuck playing well in the AHL for years and they're not playing for Grand Rapids, you have to start admitting that they're not going to make it. I would love it if Skille can step up and be a contributor at fourth-line RW, but it's not looking promising. Talk about a wasted #7 overall.

I don't think he'll ever live up to his draft position, but he's still only 23 and has time to become a player of value. But I do think it's sink-or-swim time with him. I'd rather see the Hawks give him an extended opportunity to prove that he can hang. If he can't, then you cut him loose.

With the Malhotra signing, Cody Hodgson goes from Franchise Savior to Tradebait. I can see him being packaged with Kevin Bieksa for some draft picks or prospects, freeing up another $4M+ to sign Hamhuis or Volchenkov.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived