2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

According to an interview with Sabres GM Darcy Regier yesterday: Darcy was on the same flight as Brian Burke while going from LV to LA and they got to talking about Kaberle. Darcy wouldn't give up any details (obviously), but the Sabres seem a legit contender to pick him up.

I like the idea, but the other side of the coin is Kaberle's contract. 1 year left on a $5 mil contract? I think the Sabs may have to give up someone(s) valuable for a guy that might not stick around. I don't know if I'm sold on this one.

I don't think Buffalo has much that Burke would be interested in.

Outside of Tomas Vanek and a 1st. :P

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You went to the Finals two years in a row, won one of them, got knocked out early this year, and you're bitching? Most teams' fans would kill for a track record like that.

To quote Infrared, "There's no pleasing people."

That's funny, on other message boards I see lots of people (not Penguins fans) saying that the Penguins are an awful team apart from Crosby and Malkin, that Fleury and Staal have terrible contracts that will keep them from ever signing good players, that the front office has made no good draft/trade moves besides the gimmes of Crosby and Malkin, and that the only reason they got to the finals at all was because they played in the Eastern Conference. So are Penguins fans "whiny" to complain, or "stupid" not to? Ah, internet double standards.

Their track record doesn't mean the Penguins don't have needs, it's pretty inexcusable for them to have such a crap power play but hopefully the departure of Mike Yeo will help that.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Dear, Pittsburgh Penguins:

Pleas try to get someone with some balls that will crash the net and create havok in the crease during powerplays and such and maybe even scores some of those valuable trashy goals.

Love, Fans who are sick of a team that only scores pretty goals and therefore get shut down and outscored by gritty hard working teams

You went to the Finals two years in a row, won one of them, got knocked out early this year, and you're bitching? Most teams' fans would kill for a track record like that.

To quote Infrared, "There's no pleasing people."

And honestly, they were their best the first year they made it to the finals. The second time they just got hot (real hot) at the right time. This past season, you just knew they were going out early, for the above mentioned, and other reasons.

They have had success due in part to luck, which is running out.

But thats right. I forgot. Im not allowed to speak in any NHL threads. Sorry.

oBIgzrL.png

...for a 3rd-rd pick next year, so they basically got a 3rd-rd pick for unused, injured, underwhelming Ryan Parent...

Also, the Flyers are 1 of 2 teams trying to trade for the rights to Nabokov...

This cant possibly be the last time but off the top of my head was in '92 when the Pens traded Mark Recchi (who just resigned with the Bruins) for Tocchet, Kjell Samuelsson, and Kenny Wregget.

Edit: Having looked it up since the above trade:

January 14, 2001 - Obtained Kevin Stevens from Philadelphia for John Slaney.

March 17, 2002 - Obtained Kent Manderville from Philadelphia for Billy Tibbetts.

I can support that.

Fair enough.

You (and a certain few) are sick of me, I'm sick of you (and aforementioned others).

Majority rules, though. One whiny little kid aint got no chance standing up to the multiple perfect-examples-of-humanity-and-geniuses-of-the-sport-of-hockey we have on this fine board, so I'll just give up.

Oh, you want arrogance with that whine? Have fun watching a certain other whiny little kid :censored: on your respective teams for years to come.

There, sir, is arrogance.

oBIgzrL.png

I can support that.

Fair enough.

You (and a certain few) are sick of me, I'm sick of you (and aforementioned others).

Majority rules, though. One whiny little kid aint got no chance standing up to the multiple perfect-examples-of-humanity-and-geniuses-of-the-sport-of-hockey we have on this fine board, so I'll just give up.

Oh, you want arrogance with that whine? Have fun watching a certain other whiny little kid :censored: on your respective teams for years to come.

Don't worry about it Maz. It's just obvious that everyone here is jealous because your team wins, their jealous because you have damn good players, and their jealous because you know the game of hockey and what wins, and they don't. It's nice to know that there are intelligent hockey fans out there. I sometimes wonder about that being in ignorant "Mighty Duck" country.

Β 

Β 

I can support that.

Fair enough.

Don't worry about it Maz. It's just obvious that everyone here is jealous because your team wins, their jealous because you have damn good players, and their jealous because you know the game of hockey and what wins, and they don't. It's nice to know that there are intelligent hockey fans out there. I sometimes wonder about that being in ignorant "Mighty Duck" country.

For whatever you think, there are a large amount of knowledgeable Ducks fans around too.

The Kings have their large share of village idiots as well. Leaving a Ducks/Kings game last year, I got criticized because my Ducks jersey didn't have a name on it (coming from a guy in a brand new Kings 3rd with Doughty on it. Yeah, he's had that one a while), and he tried to talk trash to me by insulting the Pond and construction, and I quote, "At least Staples doesn't have marble floors!" Really? Marble floors? That's all he had? And added on of course to the countless Charlie Conway and Coach Bombay calls I've heard, to which I always respond with a rousing ovation and a "WOW! Look at this guy! Get him to Hollywood so he can spread his originality and creative mind!" That seems to disappoint those types. I love that haha.

Anyway, every team has a large base of knowledgeable fans, and every team has a large base of idiots and loudmouths.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

"We gotta trade for some negotiation rights, at some point, we gotta be able to strike gold!"

Jesus. I fully expect them to tender offer sheets to every RFA out there come Canada Day.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived