2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

Caps have issued qualifying offers to all nine of their restricted free agents:

Current roster players Eric Fehr, Tomas Fleischmann, Jeff Schultz and Boyd Gordon as well as prospects Jay Beagle, Chris Bourque, Andrew Gordon, Patrick McNeill, Zach Miskovic have all received the one-year tenders.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps have issued qualifying offers to all nine of their restricted free agents:

Current roster players Eric Fehr, Tomas Fleischmann, Jeff Schultz and Boyd Gordon as well as prospects Jay Beagle, Chris Bourque, Andrew Gordon, Patrick McNeill, Zach Miskovic have all received the one-year tenders.

As have the Flames

Ian White, no surprise he's been qualified. The other players tendered offers were goalies Henrik Karlsson and Matt Keetley; defencemen Gord Baldwin and Matt Pelech; forwards Kris Chucko, Brett Sutter, and J.D. Watt.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And Dustin Boyd

Never quite hit his stride here in Calgary and didn't have enough time to relish in Nashville, you'll learn to like him and hate him but you can't ask for much from him. Also Dan Ellis (Barring they can resign him) should really push Carey Price, but if Jaroslav Halak didn't work what makes the Habs think Ellis will.

And Dustin Boyd

Never quite hit his stride here in Calgary and didn't have enough time to relish in Nashville, you'll learn to like him and hate him but you can't ask for much from him. Also Dan Ellis (Barring they can resign him) should really push Carey Price, but if Jaroslav Halak didn't work what makes the Habs think Ellis will.

Halak DID work they just chose to go and get Dan Ellis instead. I dont know, you ask me what Gauthier is on.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

And Dustin Boyd

Halak DID work they just chose to go and get Dan Ellis instead. I dont know, you ask me what Gauthier is on.

What I meant by Halak not working out was that he obviously didn't help push Price to be a better goalie, as he ended up taking over the number one spot.

Ducks send qualifying offers to Bobby Ryan, James Wisniewski, and Brendan Mikkelson.

Rumors are going that Ryan (or at least his agent) has turned down a Ducks offer in the 5-year, $20+ mill range. This is just under what Getzlaf and Perry's contracts. He keeps saying he wants to come back to Anaheim. He also has said that he understands that is the offer he was going to receive. It seems both sides (at least GM and player) have agreed on the terms each wants that they want to come together, but nothing has happened yet. Quite frustrating. Ducks GM Bob Murray has also said that the Ducks should match any offer sheet sent Ryan's way, unless it is extremely overboard. Much in the same way in 2007 when the Oilers offered the farm for Dustin Penner. The only team I've heard truly rumored to Ryan are the Leafs, and only in a Kaberle trade, because the Leafs don't have the draft picks for offer sheet compensation. I read today that Ottawa and the Islanders are interested in a possible offer sheet. I still see Ryan's agent getting in the way of it all, but Bobby wants to stay in Anaheim and all internal statements are positive. I feel this will get done shortly.

Wisniewski still wants more money than the Ducks think he is actually worth. If he is to stay with the Ducks though, he'll go to arbitration just like he did last year. And even the money he would get in arbitration is more than the Ducks want to spend on him, or so I've heard. The Ducks want him back, most of the fans want him back, but again Wiz still wants more money. I still have a hard time believing that he'd get the money he wants from any team on the market (or at least any team that will be a competitor next season). For his own good, he should just accept the Ducks offer. It'd do him more good than going out on the market.

And for all those nutjobs on HFBoards, the Ducks aren't going to trade Perry for Kaberle. So, just go away.

Oh and Modano probably won't be a Duck. Or a King. I see him definitely more likely to be in San Jose or Phoenix, and Phoenix more likely than San Jose.

And apparently, it's either to the Ducks or to retirement for Paul Kariya. I hope to hell this doesn't happen. The Ducks don't need it, the fans don't want it. Go away Paul.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And Dustin Boyd

What I meant by Halak not working out was that he obviously didn't help push Price to be a better goalie, as he ended up taking over the number one spot.

Ahh ok, well in that case I agree with you.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ducks send qualifying offers to Bobby Ryan, James Wisniewski, and Brendan Mikkelson.

Rumors are going that Ryan (or at least his agent) has turned down a Ducks offer in the 5-year, $20+ mill range. This is just under what Getzlaf and Perry's contracts. He keeps saying he wants to come back to Anaheim. He also has said that he understands that is the offer he was going to receive. It seems both sides (at least GM and player) have agreed on the terms each wants that they want to come together, but nothing has happened yet. Quite frustrating. Ducks GM Bob Murray has also said that the Ducks should match any offer sheet sent Ryan's way, unless it is extremely overboard. Much in the same way in 2007 when the Oilers offered the farm for Dustin Penner. The only team I've heard truly rumored to Ryan are the Leafs, and only in a Kaberle trade, because the Leafs don't have the draft picks for offer sheet compensation. I read today that Ottawa and the Islanders are interested in a possible offer sheet. I still see Ryan's agent getting in the way of it all, but Bobby wants to stay in Anaheim and all internal statements are positive. I feel this will get done shortly.

Wisniewski still wants more money than the Ducks think he is actually worth. If he is to stay with the Ducks though, he'll go to arbitration just like he did last year. And even the money he would get in arbitration is more than the Ducks want to spend on him, or so I've heard. The Ducks want him back, most of the fans want him back, but again Wiz still wants more money. I still have a hard time believing that he'd get the money he wants from any team on the market (or at least any team that will be a competitor next season). For his own good, he should just accept the Ducks offer. It'd do him more good than going out on the market.

And for all those nutjobs on HFBoards, the Ducks aren't going to trade Perry for Kaberle. So, just go away.

Oh and Modano probably won't be a Duck. Or a King. I see him definitely more likely to be in San Jose or Phoenix, and Phoenix more likely than San Jose.

And apparently, it's either to the Ducks or to retirement for Paul Kariya. I hope to hell this doesn't happen. The Ducks don't need it, the fans don't want it. Go away Paul.

I don't blame any of this on the agent as he works for the player and the player tells him what to do, so if you think the agent is screwing it up, well then he's not, it's the player. From everything I can gather, it sounds like someone in the Ducks organization pissed off Ryan and he doesn't want to be there. I presume since it's taken them this long to sign him that he's starting to feel like they are just trying to screw him. I don't think the Ducks management (coaches/gm) think of Bobby Ryan as someone they really want. There's a bad rift in this relationship that won't be fixed. Will he stay in Anaheim? Who knows? But really, if the Ducks thought so well of him, they would've locked him up a long time ago, especially after the Penner fiasco. If you think he's coming back, don't be so sure. You talk about draft picks for signing Ryan, well there's a team up the freeway from you that is looking for a sniper and has draft picks to trade. Don't put it past Dean Lombardi to go after Ryan if the Ducks can't get the job done and sign Ryan. I'm not saying that the Kings will sign Bobby Ryan, but Dean Lombardi is looking for players who fit into the Kings plans, and Kovalchuk may not be that player.

Yeah I think I just want to think the best of Bobby and blame it on the agent, but I am aware that that is how it works. There is something there that people aren't saying. Both sides have said the talks are going well and that terms have been laid down. And it's getting close to a point where I think someone is lying. They have roughly 25 hours until the offers come in for Bobby, so let's get something done tomorrow haha.

If it were to happen where the Kings offered Bobby an offer sheet that was out of the Ducks matching range and Bobby actually signed it, not only would the Ducks/Kings rivalry fire up just a bit more, I'd go on a limb to say that Bobby would become the most-hated former #9 in Ducks history. Kariya left for the Cup reason, but Bobby would be leaving for money and to the freaking Kings. He would get booed harder and more vociferously that Kariya or anybody else to come into that arena.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived