2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

If anyone's up for a good laugh, these are the trade proposals that the geniuses at HFBoards.com want to see happen for the Bruins....

To Anaheim: Blake Wheeler, Dennis Wideman, 2010 First, 2011 First

To Boston: Bobby Ryan

To Boston: Mayson Raymond

To Vancouver: Michael Ryder, Matt Hunwick

And some are even talking about Patrice Bergeron and a draft pick for either Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin.

/facepalm

If you want to go through on that Bobby Ryan trade, as much as I love BR and him finally taking over that #9, I would gladly accept that trade :D:P

Also speaking of the Ducks and #9's, there's rumors going around that Paul Kariya is interested in making a return to Anaheim to finish his career with his good friend, Teemu Selanne. There's even been a report that the two of them have talked about it together. It is just rumors and speculated talks, but there is no way in hell Paul Kariya would ever be accepted back in Anaheim. Back in 2003 after the Finals run, he basically spat on the franchise and fanbase, and has been booed ever since in his returns to Orange County. (Short version: After the Game 7 2003 Finals loss, "Every time I dream of winning the Cup, it's in a Mighty Ducks uniform." Ducks offer him a $9 mil a year contract. He takes $1.3 mil contract to join Teemu in Colorado because they "had a better shot at the Cup." He would never match the production or success he had in Anaheim.)

If he was resigned, despite being a Duck and a former hero, he would still be booed if he was on the team. If he wanted to be a Duck, he would have to take a major pay cut from his $6 mil he earned last year, he would have to have a press conference saying that leaving the Ducks the way he did was the biggest mistake of his career, and he would have to somehow commit himself to defense.

But that shouldn't happen if Bob Murray would like to keep his job as GM as the Ducks, because (besides waiting for Teemu and Niedermayer to make a decision on their future) they need to re-sign Bobby Ryan and James Wisniewski (if Wiz brings down his price tag), and (probably contingent on Teemu returning) resign Koivu and make improvements to the defensive corps. If the Ducks get Teemu, Koivu, and Ryan back, the offense that was 6th in the league in goals will be fine, that wasn't the problem last season. It is a must to improve the defense.

But if Selanne and Niedermayer retire, and Koivu leaves due to no Selanne, and Wisniewski and Ryan cost too much, then the Ducks should go into full rebuild. They have the core to build around at least on offense (Getzlaf, Perry, plus young guys Sexton, Beleskey, Bonino) and in goal (Hiller) and the defense is in the pipeline (Mark Mitera should be up this season, and Jake Gardiner should be coming into the system out of Wisconsin), but if the aforementioned 5 players leave, then it's going to be an extended down period of piling up prospects and saving money for a better free agent class.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bobby Ryan costs too much, move money elsewhere. You don't let Bobby Ryan get away. Who cares about Wisniewski? Wisniewski's a punkass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Bobby Ryan costs too much, move money elsewhere. You don't let Bobby Ryan get away. Who cares about Wisniewski? Wisniewski's a punkass.

I don't want him to get away. But the Ducks have said they set a standard with Getlzaf's contract, and followed that with Perry's. Getzlaf got $5.5 mil a year for 5 years. The Ducks made that their standard and signed Perry to the exact same deal the following season. But from the reports I've heard, Ryan's agent is asking for more. They talked about it for most of the season. I just hope Bobby sees the light and stays. Kid is an absolute stud. Size, speed, hands, agression, scoring touch. Take the Getzlaf/Perry contract. Unless some team goes all Oilers/Dustin Penner and offers him an inordinate offer sheet. One thing I value about Ducks management is that (on the whole) they will not overpay. The only player on the Ducks getting more than Getzlaf/Perry is Visnovsky, but that's only because he didn't sign that with the Ducks, or even the Oilers. He's still on his contract from the Kings at I believe $6.7 mil a year.

And personally, I love the fact that Wisniewski is a punkass :P . In the playoffs against the Red Wings two years ago, he was getting some cheap elbows from the Wings, he responded when asked about it with "Yeah they won't call that. It's the Red Wings. They don't get called for :censored: ." :lol: love it. And he was a damn decent defenseman for us in his time here. And like I said, the Ducks are in the market for some defense. But again, like I had already said, the Ducks won't overpay for him. The management wants Wiz back, the team wants Wiz back, the fans want Wiz back. But if the dollars don't line up, I'm sure someone else will overpay for a Ducks third defenseman (I'm looking at you Francois Beauchemin/Maple Leafs).

Ok heres a little draft talk for you and a question lol

Everyone is talking about how Kirill Kabanov's draft status is falling like a rock in the ocean because of attitude problems...so my question is this if your the Ducks or Blackhawks GM and your sitting there at 29 or 30 and this kids on the board, do you gamble that you can straighten him out and take a chance?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Everyone is talking about how Kirill Kabanov's draft status is falling like a rock in the ocean because of attitude problems...so my question is this if your the Ducks or Blackhawks GM and your sitting there at 29 or 30 and this kids on the board, do you gamble that you can straighten him out and take a chance?

The Ducks would most likely make their own judgment based on their own personal conversations with him, but if they didn't speak with him, they most likely wouldn't go for it. The Ducks will take on projects based on some skill deficiencies (i.e. skating, physicality, etc.), but they won't take a flier on a problem child. But again it would depend on the level of the attitude problems and the Ducks own conversations with him. I'm not too much up on the draft talk, so I'm not much in the know on the kid haha.

Wasn't Kyle Palmieri sort of known to be a dumbass when they drafted him? He's only gotten worse.

Like I said, I really don't know a hell of a lot about hockey draft picks and prospects. I hear names, stats, skills and a little talk, but none of that ever sticks with me the same way it does with football, etc. until they make it to the AHL. I know about most of the guys directly in line to come up, but not the entire organization. And of the guys on the lower levels, I know what kind of player (scoring forward, grinding forward, quick defense, stay at home, etc.) they are, but nothing about the actual person.

But what I described was what I heard or interpreted the Ducks' draft process to be. Like I know there was all the hubub about Bobby Ryan's childhood at the time of his drafting, but the Ducks management, which is essentially the same now minus Burke, had their own talks and judgment on him.

Teams do alot of talking to amateur coaches, family, people around the kid, if there was a rumor that the kid has a bad attitude, if the team has done its homework it knows if its BS or not.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Teams do alot of talking to amateur coaches, family, people around the kid, if there was a rumor that the kid has a bad attitude, if the team has done its homework it knows if its BS or not.

the kid was a top 2 or 3 prospect a year ago, and there were only 17 teams of the 30 that talked to him at the combine. Personally I think If I was sitting at the end of round 1 and he was there I would take a shot, the kid is talented enough thats for sure

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

This puts the "ha" in Habs. On the other hand, this all but confirms that the Blues will goon and goaltend their way to a playoff berth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm gonna go run around my office screaming with joy.

I'm so pumped.

I don't know much about Schultz, but Lars Eller is the other player they got from the Blues, and he's a stud. I won't miss him a bit (or I don't feel like I will now) because I'm stoked about the return, but the Habs got themselves a player.

Lars Eller and Ian Schultz....didn't even get a draft pick for him...

Ian Schultz is a warrior and will do the hard work when needed, my favorite player when he was with the Hitmen and Eller is one of the Blues top prospects.

I like that Montreal went with Carey Price over Halak.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived