2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

Since the World Championships start this weekend, here is a photo of Veltins-Arena (home of Schalke 04) in Gelsenkirchen, Germany where they attempt to have 76,000 for USA vs. Germany and a larger crowd than the Michigan@MSU game from 2001.

news_100503_arena_1.jpg

Webcam

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps to make "significant" player related announcement on Monday. The obvious guess is Nicklas Backstroms contract extension. Im hoping for 10+ years of Nicky in DC.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps to make "significant" player related announcement on Monday. The obvious guess is Nicklas Backstroms contract extension. Im hoping for 10+ years of Nicky in DC.

I'll go with the Caps finally retiring #12 and/or #35 this coming season.

Or making less commercials, actually focusing on hockey and being battle tested in time for the 2011 Playoffs.

Or making less commercials, actually focusing on hockey and being battle tested in time for the 2011 Playoffs.

35? Im hoping you mean 37 for Kolzig and not 35 for Don Beaupre.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Pardon the brain fart, I did mean to type #37.

Tarik reports it is an extension for Backstrom in the 6 mil a year range, I am impressed.

Tarik reports it is an extension for Backstrom in the 6 mil a year range, I am impressed.

It's a smart investment. I wonder if the FO will trade Semin this offseason.

As long as they don't cross swords....

As long as they don't cross swords....

:lol:

From hereon, the other Alexander shall be referred to as #28.

So it seems that the Blue Jackets head coaching candidates have basically been narrowed down to

Guy Boucher - head coach Hamilton Bulldogs

Kevin Dineen - former Blue Jacket great and head coach of the Portland Pirates

Claude Noel - longtime Blue Jackets assistant and interim coach the last two months of last season. Previously a successful head coach with the Milwaukee Admirals

Scott Arniel - Manitoba Moose head coach, former NHL assistant

Paul Maclean - longtime Red Wings assistant

I'm thinking that Claude Noel will not be the next head coach because they basically said as much. I like Guy Boucher's record, but he's been a head coach for like 2 years, plus he's still in the playoffs so interviewing him and hiring him with less than a month before the draft may not be desirable. I don't know anything about Scott Arniel and all I know about Paul Maclean is that he's a Red Wings assistant. Personally, I'm in favor of hiring Kevin Dineen. Not because he was a former Blue Jacket, but because I think he has the character that this team needs. The Jackets gave up in a lot of games and started a lot of games without focus last season and found themselves in quick holes. I don't think Kevin Dineen will let that happen.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So it seems that the Blue Jackets head coaching candidates have basically been narrowed down to

Claude Noel - longtime Blue Jackets assistant and interim coach the last two months of last season. Previously a successful head coach with the Milwaukee Admirals

I'm thinking that Claude Noel will not be the next head coach because they basically said as much. I like Guy Boucher's record, but he's been a head coach for like 2 years, plus he's still in the playoffs so interviewing him and hiring him with less than a month before the draft may not be desirable. I don't know anything about Scott Arniel and all I know about Paul Maclean is that he's a Red Wings assistant. Personally, I'm in favor of hiring Kevin Dineen. Not because he was a former Blue Jacket, but because I think he has the character that this team needs. The Jackets gave up in a lot of games and started a lot of games without focus last season and found themselves in quick holes. I don't think Kevin Dineen will let that happen.

I'm in favor of Kevin Dineen, former Hartford Whaler! Cue up Brass Bonanza!

I'm in favor of Kevin Dineen, former Hartford Whaler! Cue up Brass Bonanza!

The comment that was made by Jackets beat writer Aaron Portzline was the Dineen "makes bad teams good and good teams great."

Another in support of the former Jacket as our next head coach.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived