2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would have thought that this would have happened (TV Audience at least) in one of the Detroit/Pittsburgh Finals:

Stats

Overall I thought it was a pretty entertaining playoff year, and with ESPN expressing interest in jumping back on the wagon this is big news for the league.

Also, Scott Howson was on NHL Live Today and he said that Nikita Filatov will be coming to Columbus for next season. That's good news.

This. Great news.

Tampa Bay is arguably one of the most talented teams in the league ans with one of the most respected guy in the sport Steve Yzerman in charge, do you really blame Boucher for shunning the Jackets?

No, I don't. The Lightning are a top goalie away from being very, very talented. They have 3 of the best forwards in the NHL. I don't blame him at all.

6fQjS3M.png

I guess this can go here, Hershey Bears Back to Back Calder Cup Champions! At least one team in the family can meet expectations.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I guess this can go here, Hershey Bears Back to Back Calder Cup Champions! At least one team in the family can meet expectations.

Thank you Pittsburgh for putting Chris Bourque back on waivers!

Bears forward Chris Bourque won the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as the most valuable player of the 2010 Calder Cup Playoffs, finishing with a league-leading 27 points (seven goals, 20 assists) in 21 games. The 24-year-old Boston native and son of Hockey Hall of Famer Ray Bourque turned pro in 2005 and has played five seasons in Hershey, making four Finals appearances and winning three Calder Cups.

Link

You would have thought that this would have happened (TV Audience at least) in one of the Detroit/Pittsburgh Finals:

Stats

There were two of the biggest markets, two fascinating stories, and at least one team that a lot of people tuned in to root against (at least based on comments that I've read here and elsewhere in cyberworld.) I assume this is one of the reasons why the Flyers were put in the WC, despite not being a particularly great team at the time of the game's announcement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Stats

There were two of the biggest markets, two fascinating stories, and at least one team that a lot of people tuned in to root against (at least based on comments that I've read here and elsewhere in cyberworld.) I assume this is one of the reasons why the Flyers were put in the WC, despite not being a particularly great team at the time of the game's announcement.

It was due to the markets.

Sports Media Watch on Game 6

If anyone's up for a good laugh, these are the trade proposals that the geniuses at HFBoards.com want to see happen for the Bruins....

To Anaheim: Blake Wheeler, Dennis Wideman, 2010 First, 2011 First

To Boston: Bobby Ryan

To Boston: Mayson Raymond

To Vancouver: Michael Ryder, Matt Hunwick

And some are even talking about Patrice Bergeron and a draft pick for either Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin.

/facepalm

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Feel free to call me on bitterness being the reason I've finally taken note of this--it's all true. But I think that despite bitterness leading me to it, it's legitimate subject matter.

Anybody else tired of all the ways to sneak around the cap? Here I was thinking Chicago was totally effed (and they are still effed--just not totally), and now I find out they can just send Huet to the minors and lose his cap hit.

Yes he's a back up on a good team, but he could probably start on a bad team and is definitely an NHLer. But because Chicago gave him way too much money he's going to be relegated to the minor leagues for the extent of his contract, and it doesn't even hurt the Hawks. And he of course won't have the opportunity to be claimed off waivers because that huge contract will prevent it. This probably isn't the first time it's happened on this level, but it's is the first time I've been aware that you escape the cap penalty.

That along with the super long term deals that will never actually be played out but decrease the average of the salary are two things that really need to be done away with in the next CBA.

If anyone's up for a good laugh, these are the trade proposals that the geniuses at HFBoards.com want to see happen for the Bruins....

To Anaheim: Blake Wheeler, Dennis Wideman, 2010 First, 2011 First

To Boston: Bobby Ryan

To Boston: Mayson Raymond

To Vancouver: Michael Ryder, Matt Hunwick

And some are even talking about Patrice Bergeron and a draft pick for either Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin.

/facepalm

I can't think of a bigger waste of time than HFboard trade proposal threads. Most of them are ridiculously far-fetched and would never happen. Even if the trade proposal is realistic, it's not like the NHL GM's are reading the HFboards to get ideas from "trueblue2000" or "fingerblaster69".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anybody else tired of all the ways to sneak around the cap?

Nah, bring it on. Having guaranteed contracts under a hard cap is so pants-on-head retarded that it begs to be circumvented. The Blues will do it as soon as they have a reason, so get ready to put away your Boy Scout cap.

I weep not for Cristobal Huet. If you don't want to live out your days in beautiful Rockford, you should've gotten your save percentage above .900.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh, and contracts buried in the minors or loaned overseas still count against "tagging room" when you're trying to sign extensions or whatever, so it's not like Huet won't haunt the Blackhawks from beyond the team. That semi-Toskalan goal he gave up to Stephane Robidas still haunts me. I guess the only way to be totally rid of him is if he retires. Maybe they can arrange a graceful exit wherein he "retires" and signs with a Swiss team in exchange for some under-the-table cash and a few undocumented pallets of Judge & Dolph inventory.

Its alot easy to "Nylander" Huet since he doesnt have a NMC like Michael Nylander does.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I try to avoid talking about Eklund at all considering he's a complete moron, but he "reported" a "rumour" today that floored me on account of how stupid it was.

Get this.

The Devils would send Martin BRODEUR to the Caps for Alex Semin... :rolleyes:

Hi, how are you?

Wouldn't be unthinkable. Now that the diminished use of the trap means he occasionally has to face double-digit shots on goal, Brodeur isn't the end-all-be-all of Devils hockey that he used to be. Do the Devils even have goaltending prospects, though?

I try to avoid talking about Eklund at all considering he's a complete moron, but he "reported" a "rumour" today that floored me on account of how stupid it was.

Get this.

The Devils would send Martin BRODEUR to the Caps for Alex Semin... :rolleyes:

Yeah, read that on a Caps blog, the person posted it was blasted for mentioning "the one who must not be named"

Archived