Draft pick numbers

dmhtfld

How'd you miss Trent Dilfer there, guy? happy.gif

I reckon, though, that probably has more to do with #12 being the de facto QB number, much the same way #32 (used to be) be the de facto number for RBs.

I am, however, curious to see whether or not the number 4 will become popular (again). Since I've been following the NFL, I can only think of four QBs who've worn that number: Steve Walsh (for obvious reasons), Brett Favre, Glenn Foley, and the aforementioned Dilfer, with the Seahawks (and, if I remember right, the Browns).

Or the number 19, which I can remember only three QBs taking...Bernie Kosar, Joe Montana (with the chiefs), and Scott Mitchell.

Kevin Kolb wears #4, as did the one and only Mike McMahon.

Dilfer did not wear #4 in Cleveland. When he was with the Browns for that one season he wore #8.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd you miss Trent Dilfer there, guy? happy.gif

I reckon, though, that probably has more to do with #12 being the de facto QB number, much the same way #32 (used to be) be the de facto number for RBs.

I am, however, curious to see whether or not the number 4 will become popular (again). Since I've been following the NFL, I can only think of four QBs who've worn that number: Steve Walsh (for obvious reasons), Brett Favre, Glenn Foley, and the aforementioned Dilfer, with the Seahawks (and, if I remember right, the Browns).

Or the number 19, which I can remember only three QBs taking...Bernie Kosar, Joe Montana (with the chiefs), and Scott Mitchell.

Kevin Kolb wears #4, as did the one and only Mike McMahon.

Damn...forgot all about Kolb. My bad.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

How'd you miss Trent Dilfer there, guy? ^_^

Buc, Buc, Buc...your tender young age is showing. :D

johnnyu.jpg

As an aside, that's the only pic I've seen of Johnny U. where he's not wearing a 2-bar mask. Also, look how much wider Johnny's horseshoe is at the top compared to the lineman's.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Tom Tupa (QB / Punter) wore 19 for Phoenix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Didn't see the Patriots rookies posted...

Devin McCourty - 32

Rob Gronkowski - 87

Jermaine Cunningham - 96

Brandon Spikes - 55

Taylor Price - 17

Aaron Hernandez - 46

Zoltan Mesko - 6

Ted Larsen - 62

Thomas Welch - 74

Brandon Deaderick - 71

Kade Weston - 66

Zac Robinson - 7

(Obviously about half of those guys won't end up making the team.)

They certainly didn't wait long to give away Adalius Thomas's #96, eh?...Also, a bit surprising to see the heralded #55 (Willie McGinest, Junior Seau) given to a rookie. They must have high hopes for Spikes.

Here are the Miami Dolphins Drat Picks uni numbers. Still no number for Brandon Marshall. He must be in serious negotiations with Bess or #15.

28 Nolan Carroll

35 Reshad Jones

44 Austin Spitler

48 Chris McCoy

54 A.J. Edds

55 Koa Misi

74 John Jerry

98 Jared Odrick

Update - AJ Edds may not get 54. A lot of fans screaming about giving Zach Thomas' number to a rookie. Rookie minicamp opens tomorrow, we'll see what number he is wearing.

And he has changed to 49.

dolphins2.png

Titans Rookies Numbers

C Kenny Alfred 67

RB LeGarrette Blount 42

LB Rennie Curran 38

TE Gerald Harris 48

T Nick Howell 62

S Robert Johnson 32

RB Stafon Johnson 13

DT Joe Joseph 72

LB Jake Lewko 40

RB Dominique Lindsay 36

G John Malecki 69

WR Marc Mariani 83

C Kevin Matthews 60

WR Mico McSwain 14

DE Derrick Morgan 96

TE Steve Pfahler 47

S Myron Rolle 25

FB Willie Rose 46

WR Bobby Sewall 15

QB Rusty Smith 7

LB Patrick Trahan 49

CB Alterraun Verner 20

WR Damiam Williams 17

8prlQWA.png

Here are the Miami Dolphins Drat Picks uni numbers. Still no number for Brandon Marshall. He must be in serious negotiations with Bess or #15.

28 Nolan Carroll

35 Reshad Jones

44 Austin Spitler

48 Chris McCoy

54 A.J. Edds

55 Koa Misi

74 John Jerry

98 Jared Odrick

Update - AJ Edds may not get 54. A lot of fans screaming about giving Zach Thomas' number to a rookie. Rookie minicamp opens tomorrow, we'll see what number he is wearing.

And he has changed to 49.

30586_381765289610_87132269610_3890.jpg

BwZsPH2.jpg

Chicago Bears Rookies

Wright - 27

Lefevour - 15

Moore - 31

Webb - 73

Wooton - 98

Oh wow. Many people already refer to him as a "poor man's Tebow"--then he goes and takes the same number as Tebow? :therock:

On another note...who wants to take the bet that the next "trendy" NFL QB number will be 15? If you've paid attention over the years, it seems every several years someone popularizes a certain number, then damn near every QB who comes behind him picks it up. Back in '99, Tim Couch came into the league wearing #2. Then, over the next several years, we saw Aaron Brooks, Chris Simms, and a few others hop on that train. Then Jay Cutler showed up...and #6 became the next "trendy" number--even though Charlie Whitehurst had it first (well, first since Bubby Brister anyway, I believe.)

Maybe I'm the only one who picks up on weird stuff like this... :wacko:

This one seems to endure regardless of the era...and 17 is another I can think of that's been pretty constant among QBs.

johnbrodie.jpgjoe-namath.jpgroger-staubach1.jpgdolphins.jpgcefff69afb2d3221.jpgjim-kelly-745732.jpgtom-brady.jpg

Hmm, 17? I can't think of too many off the top of my head. Not that there aren't any, I'm just struggling to remember them.

28 Nolan Carroll

35 Reshad Jones

44 Austin Spitler

48 Chris McCoy

54 A.J. Edds

55 Koa Misi

74 John Jerry

98 Jared Odrick

Boo-:censored:ing-hoo. Either retire it, or reuse it. And c'mon, we're talking about Zach Thomas here -- not Dan Marino.

Miami fans ought to stop their bitching and worry about somtehing a little more important, like the deep :censored: their idiot GM got himself into.

6uXNWAo.png

28 Nolan Carroll

35 Reshad Jones

44 Austin Spitler

48 Chris McCoy

54 A.J. Edds

55 Koa Misi

74 John Jerry

98 Jared Odrick

Boo-:censored:ing-hoo. Either retire it, or reuse it. And c'mon, we're talking about Zach Thomas here -- not Dan Marino.

Miami fans ought to stop their bitching and worry about somtehing a little more important, like the deep :censored: their idiot GM got himself into.

After reading the context in which the question was asked, it doesn't really seem like the guy really got himself into deep ":censored:"

Hmm, 17? I can't think of too many off the top of my head. Not that there aren't any, I'm just struggling to remember them.

The only ones I can come up with right now are Billy Kilmer (RUSSELL!!!), Don Meredith, Doug Williams, Quincy Carter (don't ask me why I remember that), Phillip Rivers and Jason Campbell. I'm sure there have been others.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 has been extremely popular for quarterbacks especially this decade. can't agree with the thing about 6, aside from cutler and whitehurst who we haven't seen much of yet, i dont remember seeing it at all

Ndamukong Suh:

Suh2.jpg

Suh.jpg

Jahvid Best:

Best.jpg

043010_Rookie-photo18-100430--nfl_m.jpg

Caleb Campbell:

Campbell.jpg

You guys may remember Campbell from the 2008 draft, when the Lions took him in the 7th round out of Army. He is now finally joining the team after serving for two years.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The only ones I can come up with right now are Billy Kilmer (RUSSELL!!!), Don Meredith, Doug Williams, Quincy Carter (don't ask me why I remember that), Phillip Rivers and Jason Campbell. I'm sure there have been others.

Brian Sipe. :P

T1oYViW.png

Caleb Campbell:

Campbell.jpg

You guys may remember Campbell from the 2008 draft, when the Lions took him in the 7th round out of Army. He is now finally joining the team after serving for two years.

Glad to see him back in the NFL what a story

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived