Local High School Football Uniforms

Chapeeko

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to start a thread like this in the fall, and it's been tried before. Usually this stuff falls off the boards pretty fast.

But, one of my favorite topics nonetheless. I would start by saying that team in the home colors has by far the worst football uniform I have ever seen. It's like a really bad Wyoming-Baylor hybrid.

As for my school, we are finally getting new pipe-crazy uniforms from Nike as well as revospeed helmets, which is a BIG deal for the players b/c we've looked like something out of a bad 90's sports commercial

slideshow_738098_2.jpg

marietta_north_cobb_boys_football_thumbnail.jpg

long beach polytechnic jackrabbits, california

rise_richardson2_300.jpgpoly_2.jpg

pretty clean and simple design...we've got a deal with nike since 2005 (it's a huge school and usually one of the top programs in CA, if not the state) so we've had different football uniforms every year....various nike templates. this current design is the first time we've used the same unis 2 seasons in a row. they bump the old designs down to the JV and freshman team...JV is wearing the 2007 set and freshman team has the 2006 set.

2008 and 2009 - above

2007 - http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/cAAH03AJ3Uau9LOWyZxhoA/DUWj871XiUqGkehjDkMyiA/lutheran_vs_poly_(ss_pac-5_semifinals)_lazarri_middleton_long_beach_boys_football_image.jpg and http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/MORanhzi3E-j7E-hcgmkIw/aPn5cSMZhk-nHZ2PE-IbSA/glenville_vs_poly-long_beach_(ohio_vs_usa_challenge_-_canton_site)_morgan_fennell_long_beach_boys_football_image.jpg (away uniform)

2006 - http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/Z9rQbOHUJEiFlB6_iwcCBA/KsWZMXpEqka9TDxBw4Kntg/birmingham_poly_(long_beach)_kenny_rowe_long_beach_boys_football_image_15.jpg and http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/2VQXvqkfTU61XA_aV0cw3g/4Kq0x_-PMkGpS4_T3Q6Ptw/lutheran_vs_poly_(ss_playoffs)_donovan_warren_long_beach_boys_football_image_12.jpg

2005 - http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/Qk-EHRydNUGz-y43Uq4YzA/xkivseHMhU6lgO_mPyu10A/cabrillo-long_beach_poly-long_beach_boys_football_image_10.jpg

2004 - http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/tg17hJI-g0eDYxjkBI94Iw/7Xvi00PQ3UKhzQAfeL_7iA/misson_viejo_long_beach_poly_boys_football_image_7.jpg and http://images.maxpreps.com/Gallery/9VH_Gw3ES0GK7JoMOEORVw/rqyxRZLA1UK6S208IE3n7A/los_alamitos_vs_poly_(d1_final)3_boys_football_image_9.jpg

2002 or 2003? - http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Sep/22/sports3_b.jpg

check out the ca helmet project - there's plenty of helmets and a unis for a few teams as well

http://cahelmets.awardspace.com/

Brave-Bird, I went to Woodstock (pics soon, gotta find it in the ole hard drive) so i'm excited for the devils new threads. Ya'll look the exact same as when my dad (Athens High) played yall in the late 60s. lol. One of my favorite stadiums btw.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Brave-Bird, I went to Woodstock (pics soon, gotta find it in the ole hard drive) so i'm excited for the devils new threads. Ya'll look the exact same as when my dad (Athens High) played yall in the late 60s. lol. One of my favorite stadiums btw.

Northcutt stadium. I would give it a 10 out of 10...but we had a student drawn logo put up to replace the Devil mural b/c it was "too scary"

needless to say, we all get made fun of for having a mural that looks like a running dog, rather than a blue devil. IDK if you have seen it, or can remember it, but I can assure you all CCSLers would HATE it, as all Marietta fans do.

Woodstock's woodshed thing is much more badass!

long beach polytechnic jackrabbits, california

rise_richardson2_300.jpgpoly_2.jpg

pretty clean and simple design...we've got a deal with nike since 2005 (it's a huge school and usually one of the top programs in CA, if not the state) so we've had different football uniforms every year....various nike templates. this current design is the first time we've used the same unis 2 seasons in a row. they bump the old designs down to the JV and freshman team...JV is wearing the 2007 set and freshman team has the 2006 set.

Those are nice uniforms. I like that light shade of gold. The dude in the black jacket is saying, "dayum, where he get those green kicks from?!?! they nice!!" (i realize thats tape...but moving fast it could look diff...)

Woodstock Wolverines (GA). Been wearing these sense 04 when the Legendary Coach O'B started. He just retired and Coach Buddy has taken over and he's more out of the box so who know's what they'll come out with this year. Jerseys are Ole Miss and the helmets are Washington. Colored with the Navy and Cardinal naturally.

11dbfc36-a7af-4f56-be3c-64615e5b8fff.jpg

Home Blues (Best photo ever?) Current CUSA DPOTY Bruce Miller

6332ccab-3a6d-4efd-8333-f950051bfc08.jpg

Away Whites ~ And Brave-Bird's Marietta Home Blues

7023d5b7-0764-48a2-9a03-8c44a2a31bc3.jpg

Alternative Cardinals ~ Broke these out in the 06 season. Worn only for HC, Senior Night, Playoffs, and home Etowah games (our rival thats less than a mile away)

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Woodstock Wolverines (GA). Been wearing these sense 04 when the Legendary Coach O'B started. He just retired and Coach Buddy has taken over and he's more out of the box so who know's what they'll come out with this year. Jerseys are Ole Miss and the helmets are Washington. Colored with the Navy and Cardinal naturally.

11dbfc36-a7af-4f56-be3c-64615e5b8fff.jpg

Home Blues (Best photo ever?) Current CUSA DPOTY Bruce Miller

6332ccab-3a6d-4efd-8333-f950051bfc08.jpg

Away Whites ~ And Brave-Bird's Marietta Home Blues

7023d5b7-0764-48a2-9a03-8c44a2a31bc3.jpg

Alternative Cardinals ~ Broke these out in the 06 season. Worn only for HC, Senior Night, Playoffs, and home Etowah games (our rival thats less than a mile away)

That's an understatement. I could pee off Woodstock High School's roof onto Etowah's roof. And in regards to the last photo, yall beat the Oakland Raiders didnt you? I assume so, since everyone beats them

Northcutt stadium. I would give it a 10 out of 10...but we had a student drawn logo put up to replace the Devil mural b/c it was "too scary"

needless to say, we all get made fun of for having a mural that looks like a running dog, rather than a blue devil. IDK if you have seen it, or can remember it, but I can assure you all CCSLers would HATE it, as all Marietta fans do.

Woodstock's woodshed thing is much more badass!

I just graduated in '09 so I remember it. It was...unique ;) lol. Dad made a comment about it taking away from the intimadation factor of the walls being 5 feet from the endzone. And thank you. Both my Biased and non-Biased sides believe that its one of the best traditions in GA Football. Specially after seeing the "mighty" Viking's of Lowndes so many times down here this year. lol

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The Laguna Hills High School Hawks out of Laguna Hills, CA. My alma mater.

Last year (2008 season) the team won the CIF-Southern Section Southern Division (aka Division 9) Championship. The year after I left lol. We should have been 3x Champs by that time, but that's an argument for another time for some looks back at the glory days :P

Colors are brown and gold. Our logo is the Southern Miss Golden Eagles logo, which we just switched to 5 years ago in my sophomore year. We had to alter it a little to change the bird from an Eagle to a Hawk. I guess our biology teachers helped us out with it because it bothered them haha. We got these new brown jerseys last year and we had the white versions two years ago in my senior year. Uniforms are simple. Always gold helmets, white pants, brown socks. Brown jersey has a white/gold side panel, and the collar is gold in front and is white around the back. White numbers. Logos on the shoulders. Away is all white. Brown numbers. Gold/Brown collar.

Home

untitled1.jpg

Away

untitled-50.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

One of my favorite local high schools: The Utica Chieftans. One of the best high school helmets I've seen.

UL-BigFoot1-es.jpg

This is an unintentionally great photo. I don't know if #8 could handle a two-digit number, given he's 115 pounds and the front numbers are the size of a Smart car. I'm also having a really hard time trying to determine where #56's hair ends and the tree begins.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Actually, little known fact. Oakland is a farm team of East Paulding, but yes we beat them the last 2 years. Even at their fabled "boneyard"

Now that's saying something considering that when I went to EP, 98-02, we had a terrible football team. When I heard from some buddies down there that they were in state playoffs it blew my mind. I think they one like 4 games the entire time I was in school.

Archived