The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

That Jazz logo will forever remind me of NBA Jam. The Stockton and Malone combo always ran a train on you. :cursing:

It's probably my age (!), but I always think of Pistol Pete:

ppmm.jpg

Poor Pete, his knees really gave out on him towards the end of his career, and this picture is a real testament to that. A brace on one leg and a pad on the other, yeesh :(

Funny thing about him is, though he only played maybe half a season with the franchise while here in Utah, he's still quite a legend around here. Mention Pistol Pete and you'll always get a happy response. We're really proud that he's a part of our history, even if he spent the bulk of it in New Orleans. I know personally, he's right up there with John Stockton as my favorite players.

Speaking of that, does anybody have any photos of him in a Celtics uni?

nbaplayoffs19800427sixerscelticsg5x.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Jazz logo will forever remind me of NBA Jam. The Stockton and Malone combo always ran a train on you. :cursing:

It's probably my age (!), but I always think of Pistol Pete:

ppmm.jpg

Taking a moment to take in the old Madhouse on McDowell.

Okay, I'm good.

I'm not sure why the Clippers changed the typeface from Helvetica to Univers. The uppercase G is one of Helvetica's nicest letters, with that little right angle in there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://www.lebronjameskingsacademy.com/

Apologies if this is totally ludicrous, but I clicked on that link for LeBron's basketball camp and thought the illustration of him on the front page was interesting. Any chance that uniform he's wearing is a hint of what the Cavs' new unis are going to look like? It's the right colors and it has the trim pattern of throwback era that the Cavs seem to be going back to.

I'm not sure why the Clippers changed the typeface from Helvetica to Univers. The uppercase G is one of Helvetica's nicest letters, with that little right angle in there.

I actually prefer Univers, it looks more modern compared to old-fashioned Helvetica.

I'd say classic rather than old-fashioned. Helvetica will always be in style.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So is this the Bobcats primary logo now?

xwsmnh5qqfr5fo3vcb4blqnb1.gif

I don't see the original logo anywhere on their site and Wikipedia (I know, anyone can edit it) has it for the primary.

That's still considered their "secondary" on their official stylesheet -- I'd assume they're going the way the Raptors and Warriors (pre-2011), using their secondary exclusively as if it were a primary.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Yeah, feel you on that one. The Glippers made the wrong decision there.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived