The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I?m assuming the court will look pretty much like this if the paint is green and the out of bounds are navy. The logo at center court is exactly how big it?ll be, just by eyeballing the lines on the photo I posed above.

Utah_Jazz_Court1.jpg

Looks good, but needs more yellow.

But I agree with the other posts that the wordmark just doesn't work well as a center logo. Why can't the ball represent a whole note? Some kind of tertiary logo like that would work as the center logo. The ball itself seems too plain. Even the recolored primary might be ok at center court.

I'm impressed at how well the blue works, from what we've seen. It seems to fit fine with the classic look, rather than looking like a jazz logo slapped on the Mavericks.

The fact that the blue works well might be the first good thing in the NBA in 2 years, and the first thing in the past month that hasn't been tragically horrible.

I was browsing the adidas website and saw this picture and noticed tim duncan and the jersey he is wearing.

Posted Image

Nice find, but it looks like a photoshop job by adidas because notice how all the jerseys have the NBA and Adidas logo, but the Spurs' has neither. I think they designer was too lazy to do the collar, it looks like they just colored in a white jersey and erased the collar.

I?m assuming the court will look pretty much like this if the paint is green and the out of bounds are navy. The logo at center court is exactly how big it?ll be, just by eyeballing the lines on the photo I posed above.

Utah_Jazz_Court1.jpg

Something about it just looks off, idk what it is. It could just be because there are no other logos (arena, alt) on the court.

Personally, I'd have much rather had just the ball at center court, with the full word mark on the top left and bottom right sides of center court (Or above the key on the left and under the key on the right). I'm not really feeling this design at all.

Yikes, the full wordmark with the ball of the logo being the center court??? thicon_eek.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Utah_Jazz_Court1.jpg

Something about it just looks off, idk what it is. It could just be because there are no other logos (arena, alt) on the court.

Personally, I'd have much rather had just the ball at center court, with the full word mark on the top left and bottom right sides of center court (Or above the key on the left and under the key on the right). I'm not really feeling this design at all.

Yikes, the full wordmark with the ball of the logo being the center court??? thicon_eek.gif

No, no, no. Just the ball, no note, no wordmark. Just the ball.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Utah_Jazz_Court1.jpg

well according to this pic the wordwark with the ball is at center court

jazzfloor.jpg

Didn't the old Salt Palace court have the ball of the note isolated at center court with the primary logo placed where the arena names are typically located today? Didn't they also have concentric purple/green/yellow stripes around the court, too?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was browsing the adidas website and saw this picture and noticed tim duncan and the jersey he is wearing.

Untitled-3.jpg

Man, I wish it was true. The original Spurs black on black uniform was so far ahead of it's time, and so unique (still is). It sucked when everyone made trendy blackout merchandise for every team in every league, but for one team, it's a totally original look, and the Spurs are the team that should do it. To think it was born in the 70s, when loud color was all the rage...

51-25752-F.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Didn't the old Salt Palace court have the ball of the note isolated at center court with the primary logo placed where the arena names are typically located today? Didn't they also have concentric purple/green/yellow stripes around the court, too?

Yes, and I think they had the same thing going at the Delta Center too

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Utah_Jazz_Court1.jpg

well according to this pic the wordwark with the ball is at center court

jazzfloor.jpg

I know, I'm just saying what I wish they did. And yes admiral, you are correct! That's the court I was hoping the Jazz would emulate this time around

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Untitled-3.jpg

There's also the rare Michael Beasley in a Heat uniform sighting.

hollywoodp.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Man, I wish it was true. The original Spurs black on black uniform was so far ahead of it's time, and so unique (still is). It sucked when everyone made trendy blackout merchandise for every team in every league, but for one team, it's a totally original look, and the Spurs are the team that should do it. To think it was born in the 70s, when loud color was all the rage...

51-25752-F.jpg

They should make that their fulltime road jersey and drop the current one.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

In the spirit of my Mecca-inspired court, here's a shot at a modernized Salt Palace floor.

utah1copy.jpg

I don't like it.

I think if the out of bounds were blue with gold "UTAH JAZZ", and the key green, with the lines being gold, it would be a winner. That's pretty much the way I was envisioning the court could look like.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Question - is the half circle on the top of the paint considered part of the lane? I mean, is it counted for things like 3-second violations? Or are its only purposes to serve as a free-throw shooting boundary and as the jump-ball circle?

I get the impression that the bottom of the circle is "broken" because it's part of the actual lane, so that means that the top part isn't. If it isn't, then IMO it shouldn't be colored.

That's a good question, I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Question - is the half circle on the top of the paint considered part of the lane? I mean, is it counted for things like 3-second violations? Or are its only purposes to serve as a free-throw shooting boundary and as the jump-ball circle?

I get the impression that the bottom of the circle is "broken" because it's part of the actual lane, so that means that the top part isn't. If it isn't, then IMO it shouldn't be colored.

The top half of the circle is not a part of the lane. It's basically to serve as the other half of the circle for half-court jumpballs. Only thing that counts as the paint is the square area. Hope this answers!

the children are the future!

The top half of the circle is not a part of the lane. It's basically to serve as the other half of the circle for half-court jumpballs. Only thing that counts as the paint is the square area. Hope this answers!

Thanks. What about the "college lines" on each edge of the rectangle? Are they just there specifically in case college games are played at the arena, or do they serve a purpose in the NBA game? I've noticed that even at NBA arenas where they either don't play college games or they lay down a college-specific floor, the lines are still there. In this cavs design, the paint is just one large rectangle, sans college lines. Is that how it's actually going to be?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In the spirit of my Mecca-inspired court, here's a shot at a modernized Salt Palace floor.

utah1copy.jpg

I don't like it.

I like it, but your depiction is a bit off in some parts.

- NOTE: Hockey Ice melted the mountain logo court, so they used the previous years one. I'm surprised they even kept the old note floor.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived