2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

I am going to rub this in to every Englishman for the rest of my life.

LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to rub in, England are through as well. And if it weren't for a Rob Green error, they could have topped the group

Bring on Germany/Ghana/Serbia (though I'd prefer not Germany...)

Just remember thats a two way street, if it wasnt for the non Edu goal that US would have still won the group anyway.

Ah but if England had beaten the US, given England's subsequent results, the US could not have topped England. (England would be on 7 points, the most the US could get to having lost it's first game would be 6).

But overall no England fan will care two hoots about being runners up.

Ah, that is true, I stand corrected.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing FIFA absolutely kills the NFL on is actually letting guys celebrate after they score! The dogpile in the corner after Donovan's goal was fantastic. Could you imagine if Ochocinco scored a game-winning TD and his whole team mobbed him like that? There would be penalty flags all over the field!

One thing FIFA absolutely kills the NFL on is actually letting guys celebrate after they score! The dogpile in the corner after Donovan's goal was fantastic. Could you imagine if Ochocinco scored a game-winning TD and his whole team mobbed him like that? There would be penalty flags all over the field!

Players do occasionally get booked for over exuberant celebrations, especially if it involves taking shirts off or anything like that, but I have never heard of a soccer player getting an over the top fine for a celebration. Deffo something the NFL could mull over!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I was just thinking that same exact thing. How about if Donovan scored that goal and celebrated NFL-style and the extent of his celebration was exchanging some high-fives and such as he made his way back down the pitch? I'm not a big fan of the pre-coordinated celebrations that I've seen, but there's nothing better than seeing a guy score a big goal and just book it to the corner while his teammates chase him and eventually pile on.

IUe6Hvh.png

Quick question for the soccer people on here...

what's the deal with the yellow cards, do they ever get erased or does a player have to carry it throughout the tournament?

So lets say a player got a foolish yellow in the first game, and the gets one in the finals is he kicked out?

If I understand it right, the cards are erased after the group stages. So someone who has just one card right now gets it erased, but someone who picked up their second card in the third game has to serve his one.

LvZYtbZ.png

what's the deal with the yellow cards, do they ever get erased or does a player have to carry it throughout the tournament?

So lets say a player got a foolish yellow in the first game, and the gets one in the finals is he kicked out?

No...Let's say someone gets a yellow in the first game and the second game of the group stage. They would still finish playing the second game, but would be suspended for the third. All cards are erased after the group stage, and everyone starts again.

Ok good, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

I was wondering cuz Serbia has a lot of players with yellow cards and its almost inevitable for them to lose a good portion of their team if yellow cards were not erased haha

Germany has busted out their "Pissed off-Bad Guys-In-Black" change kits...I like.

Now lets get 'er done.

Pretty sure that their uniforms were already predetermined long before then, but hey, whatever works man. :P

Germany has busted out their "Pissed off-Bad Guys-In-Black" change kits...I like.

Now lets get 'er done.

Pretty sure that their uniforms were already predetermined long before then, but hey, whatever works man. :P

Oh I Know...just seems more appropriate for them given their current situation, rather than their whites vs. ghana in red/yellow. ^_^

Now lets get 'er done.

Oh I Know...just seems more appropriate for them given their current situation, rather than their whites vs. ghana in red/yellow. ^_^

Did they mix their clash kit with their regular shorts or are they supposed to be gold and white stripes? Whatever it is, it's really annoying me.

Now lets get 'er done.

Did they mix their clash kit with their regular shorts or are they supposed to be gold and white stripes? Whatever it is, it's really annoying me.

Looks like it, because I'm pretty sure that they had black shorts with the gold stripes and numbers for this occasion, in addition to white shorts that would've been the original clash kit...but if they didn't, we've officially been had. Germany's black kit was one of the best in the World Cup, now it looks tacky with the different colored stripes.

Now lets get 'er done.

Looks like it, because I'm pretty sure that they had black shorts with the gold stripes and numbers for this occasion, in addition to white shorts that would've been the original clash kit...but if they didn't, we've officially been had. Germany's black kit was one of the best in the World Cup, now it looks tacky with the different colored stripes.

Absolutely agree. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if there was white somewhere on the jersey or on the socks, but it's gold throughout. Not the best debut for this stellar set.

Scoreless tie at half....Germany looking a lot like the Americans in their game: controlling the match but tons of wasted chances including a flubbed breakaway.

Getting very nervous. Hopefully Australia can at least draw vs. Serbia because then we can still advance with a draw of our own.

No...Let's say someone gets a yellow in the first game and the second game of the group stage. They would still finish playing the second game, but would be suspended for the third. All cards are erased after the group stage, and everyone starts again.

How do red cards work? I remember De Rossi got one in 2006, for elbowing McBride in the group stage. He wasn't allowed to play again until the Championship game.

Archived