Ow, My Wrist Hurts...

Discrim

the subject of the title...our old buddy Alexei Kovalev, whose actions made Rocket Richard and all those Habs ghosts turn in their graves. in page 104 of What NOT to do in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Kovalev is slashed on the wrist, although it didn't look like he shoulda been in pain. in an ill-timed ploy equal in disdain to taking a dive in soccer or faking being charged in hoops, he shakes his wrist as if he's in pain (clearly trying to draw a slashing minor) <_< and in doing so, loses the puck and takes out a teammate in the process. Glen Murray of hte Bruins takes advantage of what is now a breakaway and scores to put Boston 3-1 up on Montreal.

Kovalev's acting job wasn't very convincing, and anyone who does what he did deserves to have Murphy's Law kick in. Alex: Keep your damn stick on the ice, keep your eye on the puck, and dump it in next time you need mommy to kiss your booboo. You robbed your team of a chance to tie the series at 2, and now you're one game away from packing up and going home. I now award you with Disgrace of the Week dishonors for possibly being the reason for the Habs' short stay in Playoff Land.

now to the NBA, the image of Ricky Davis shooting at the wrong basket to get rebound #10 is permanently etched in my mind. Apparently Bob Sura's memory banks had been robbed, cus in his quest for his third straight triple double he did the same thing, only he was 'shooting' at his own basket. if you could call that a shot, then i'd call what i tried to do in high school 'placekicking' one misstep does not make Sura a Ricky Davis clone, but it does make him a moron. Sura's saving grace is that his gaffe came at teh end, with the Hawks seconds away from a meaningless win. If not for Kovalev costing his team a playoff win, Sura would be a surefire Disgrace of the Week.

now, question time: who in their right mind would steal a garbage can? cus there's someone out there who apparently does this. we got two good cans, but one is full of wood and dirt and we can't lift it so we can't use it. our other good one was stolen, so right now we have two that are past due and two metal ones. i'm thinkin, if you wanted a garbage can that bad just go to the store and buy one :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Alexei KOvalev is the leagues biggest diver and show off he underachieves and tries to make the fnacy play only to give the puck away. His actions last night were hardly surprising the only question now is will he be back with the Habs next year?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That Kovalev moment was just about the saddest thing I'd ever seen in hockey, and especially when he took out his own teammate, and essentially lost the game (and probably the series) for the Habs. That's right up there with the Canuck player who, in game 3, started crying on the bench after getting his face slammed into the boards by one of the Flames. I have never in my life seen a hockey player cry like that.

I didn't mind that Kovalev held his hand as if he was injured during the play. It's the collison on his teammate that bothered me. Although, I don't believe that there is much protection on the forearm area is there?

I saw, I came, I left.

I didn't mind that Kovalev held his hand as if he was injured during the play. It's the collison on his teammate that bothered me. Although, I don't believe that there is much protection on the forearm area is there?

not much now, since they've got to gloves that have virtually no cuff. I've tried some of those out, I'm kinda scared to wear them. I like my old big gloves that go half way to my elbows

Watching that play gave me a nice warm feeling inside. I hate Kovalev more than I've hated any other Ranger (and now former Ranger) in my lifetime. Call me bitter because my team isn't in the playoffs, but to see his team lose and have him standing there crying was absolutely awesome.

Hell, I have 15" gloves now, which are considered pretty long, and are pretty hard to find, and I still have a bit of a gap between the glove and the elbow pad. No way would I go with shorter gloves.

That being said, don't be a wuss in OT in the Stanley Cup playoffs. He got a tap on the glove, according to all the replays I've seen.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's what you get for picking up a player that even the RANGERS didn't want anymore. :hockeysmiley: (Sometimes, if I take a shot at my own team I don't feel so bad.) Anywho, I think Kovalev's ploy was a god awful thing to do when Glenn Murray is rushing up for the puck like that. I gotta applaud Mike Ribeiro for one of the better acting jobs I've ever seen, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I gotta applaud Mike Ribeiro for one of the better acting jobs I've ever seen, though.

That Riberio thing I still don't get. When you squirm on the ground like that after a hit, you're usually reacting to pain, IMO you can't think fast enough to say "Lets fake this and make it look bad" but then moments later he seems fine... :therock: and to add abit of insult,he postures in front of the Bruins. way to wave the raw meat in front of the hungry bears dumb@ss. If he had a pinched nerve as he suggests, why didn't he go to the trainers room?

Just to go on a tangent, I find it insulting when guys get themselves legit playing hard like Quintal when he got run int he boards only to have other players embelish a slash and really hurt the team. At least Quintal came back to the bench for a few before leaving again. Thats toughing it out, faking an injury is an insult.

Oh, man, I couldn't sit still seeing Quintal hit the boards. Man, oh man, I could feel sympathy pain on that one. Yike.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And then Murray with a BEAUTIFUL goal. It would of been a sweep, but we know the hole Ribiero thing.....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It seemed during that game every time a Canadien was hit he stayed down for an extended period of time. Not counting three legit injuries I saw, Thornton's check in the first, Quintal flying ass-first into the boards and Travis Green's high stick late in the game. Every other stoppage in play was shown on tv with a Montral player on the ice. I know the B's hit hard, and were hitting "extra" hard for Ribeiro's Oscar-perfromance Sunday, but it was way out of hand. Kovalev should be booed out of town, the way the fans booed the anthem.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived