the good, the bad, or the ugly

dgthree

I know college baseball uniforms usually stand out or at least have some unique combinations. I recently saw my alma mater, Bryant University, in new duds and was wondering everyone's opinion.

A-BB-Cianciolo3.jpg?max_width=400&max_height=267&crop=true

BB-DugoutAnthem.jpg?max_width=400&max_height=267&crop=true

A-BB-Almeida1.jpg?max_height=267&max_width=400

A-BB-Campbell1.jpg?max_height=267&max_width=400

BB-HighFive.jpg?max_width=400&max_height=267&crop=true

Also, share other uniforms that fall under 1 of the 3 categories.

^i agree the actual stirrups is awesome and to add to that the striping works great. Of course the flaw is the solid black helmet, but since we are a small DI school I can understand not having the budget for multiple helmets.

Tennessee's are god awful.

I was thinking today, while watching a game, are there any rules and regulations when it comes to pants colors, jersey colors, etc, in college baseball?

Kentucky and LSU both had white pants on, both had colored jerseys. Do teams just make sure the uniforms dont clash and call it good to go? I wish all sports were like that

I was thinking today, while watching a game, are there any rules and regulations when it comes to pants colors, jersey colors, etc, in college baseball?

Kentucky and LSU both had white pants on, both had colored jerseys. Do teams just make sure the uniforms dont clash and call it good to go? I wish all sports were like that

The SEC rules just say that the jerseys have to contrast.

What UT has done, dating back to the previous coach, is wear all-gray one day of a road trip, then a colored top with white pants the other two games. I've seen opponents do both here this year.

I don't have any pictures of the grays, they're our new set this year and are completely normal, no crazy side panels. The coaches have always hated the side panel jerseys, but didn't have the chance to start ditching them until this season.

Tennessee baseball applies mostly in the last two categories.

baseballcopy.jpg

By the way, any of those would be great without the nasty side-panels.

Who thought side panels on a pinstriped jersey was a good idea?

In the '70s and '80s, teams in the majors wore the same color pants all the time. Cubs had a solid white pair of pants and that was it. I don't think teams wearing the same-colored pants is that big of a deal. Happens all the time in football, too. As long as the jerseys contrast, that's all that matters. I don't like it when both teams wear a solid-color jersey, but I can live with it as long as they're not very close -- navy vs. black, for instance.

Luckie.jpg

Auburn has a Friday Retro Look. I love it personally, especially now that we have a block A cap to go with it. Here's what it looked like last year:

3401863219_3c6224b480_o.jpg

Haha I played in high school with Dexter Price, the one on the bottom. My senior year, (he was a junior), he led us to the state championship game, which we lost. But anyways I really like this look as well.

ua_logo.jpg

Tennessee baseball applies mostly in the last two categories.

baseballcopy.jpg

By the way, any of those would be great without the nasty side-panels.

I gotta agree w/ that assessment there,because these are beyond horrible IMO.

Luckie.jpg

Auburn has a Friday Retro Look. I love it personally, especially now that we have a block A cap to go with it. Here's what it looked like last year:

3401863219_3c6224b480_o.jpg

Haha I played in high school with Dexter Price, the one on the bottom. My senior year, (he was a junior), he led us to the state championship game, which we lost. But anyways I really like this look as well.

Cool to see a photo of Cory Luckie on top. I went to high school with him and his girlfriend.

0125asu350w.jpg

Always loved these ASU unis

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived