Carlos Zambrano picks gray jersey!

dirwuf

Cubs in road gray jerseys tonight in Milwaukee with Zambrano on the mound. This is the first time I've ever seen Carlos choose anything but the blue alt...

In 2007 he had no choice because they ditched the alts for the season.

29216_1534852811186_1230782129_31569837_8126865_n.jpg

I'm guessing that he was forced to because the Brewers decided to wear their navy alts and it clashes with the Cubs' blue, so the Brewers, being the home team, forced Z's hand.

I could be wrong, though.

I'm guessing that he was forced to because the Brewers decided to wear their navy alts and it clashes with the Cubs' blue, so the Brewers, being the home team, forced Z's hand.

No, no, no, I can't count how many times I've seen teams go against each other either wearing navy blue or black jerseys on both side.

mav23.gif

No, no, no, I can't count how many times I've seen teams go against each other either wearing navy blue or black jerseys on both side.

Blue and black are different than blue and blue. That's why the Cubs are wearing gray. I've never seen a Cubs-Brewers game in which both teams wore their blue alternates.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Blue and black are different than blue and blue. That's why the Cubs are wearing gray. I've never seen a Cubs-Brewers game in which both teams wore their blue alternates.

But seriously, Cubs blue and Brewers blue do not clash...at least I don't see an issue.

Maybe if you had put a few more "no"s in there, your point would have been valid. While it definitely still occasionally happens, MLB has tried to instruct teams to not wear similarly-colored jerseys against each other, which is why you only see the Astros gray jerseys when they play at the Diamondbacks, and AZ chooses to wear their red shirts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe if you had put a few more "no"s in there, your point would have been valid. While it definitely still occasionally happens, MLB has tried to instruct teams to not wear similarly-colored jerseys against each other, which is why you only see the Astros gray jerseys when they play at the Diamondbacks, and AZ chooses to wear their red shirts.

I posted this in the alternates thread a few weeks ago, but the general idea about clashing is that navy/navy, navy/black, black/black, navy/royal all clash. Red/brick, red/orange, brick/orange clash. Royal/columbia do not clash. MOST teams listen to MLB about this. SOME teams selectively listen (TEX, SD, ATL).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

September 17,2008 they both wore their alternates in a night game at Wrigley

2IA3b.png

gzCaMGDO.jpg

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20080917&content_id=3496982&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home&c_id=chc

So maybe it was the Brewers trying to get into his head. Either way, it was a rare, but welcome, sight.

Most likely, but who knows...airline lost their luggage? :D

Definitely a strange sight.

87Redskins.png

I honestly thought the Cubs Blue jerseys were their road sets, and the gray had been banished.

I haven't seen them in gray on the road in forever, until once earlier this season.

That's interesting, because I thought the exact opposite. Especially with Zambrano out of the rotation -- and I don't think ANY pitcher should pick -- I thought we were seeing more of the white at home and more of the gray on the road.

gzCaMGDO.jpg

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20080917&content_id=3496982&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home&c_id=chc

Must have missed that game. Oh well, looks like I was proven wrong.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived