Ducks Announce New Third Jerseys!

ThePreacher

I actually have an idea involving this. Unfortunately I am way too busy with other things to work on it. I feel that they will try to work a full body duck into a shield of some sort. Either the logo that we all thought they were going to use originally...or a head-on duck, wings spread, swooping for a landing with puck in feet, inside a circle. "Anaheim" on top between the spread wings, "Ducks Hockey Club" around the bottom part of the circle.

Hockey guys love circles, right?

Just in case this information has gotten lost, here were the original colors proposed for the Ducks:

AnaheimDucks_UC1_2007_SOL_SRGB.png

They dropped the Green (don't know why), replaced the Bronze with Gold, and added Silver - here's the current color set:

AnaheimDucks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Just put the Mighty Ducks logo in the new colors.

And it seems to me there is a lot more gold in their uniforms now than orange.

One of the reasons they changed up their identity is because they lost the rights to use the Mighty Ducks logo and name.

One of the reasons they changed up their identity is because they lost the rights to use the Mighty Ducks logo and name.

No they didn't.

Had that been the case, they would have changed logo/colors in 2005. The Ducks still own the Mighty Ducks logo and name. Disney owns the rights to the Mighty Ducks movies and cartoon. The Samuelis (Ducks owners) own the rights to the Mighty Ducks logo and hockey team name.

They've sold merchandise recently with the Mighty Ducks logo on it, and they've brought out Mighty Ducks jerseys for the old players when they've come back for events.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

No they didn't.

Had that been the case, they would have changed logo/colors in 2005. The Ducks still own the Mighty Ducks logo and name. Disney owns the rights to the Mighty Ducks movies and cartoon. The Samuelis (Ducks owners) own the rights to the Mighty Ducks logo and hockey team name.

They've sold merchandise recently with the Mighty Ducks logo on it, and they've brought out Mighty Ducks jerseys for the old players when they've come back for events.

My mistake then. I remember losing the rights to the name being given as a reason for the change.

I see people say that a lot, but I don't think they really did lose the rights. Of course I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any real source for that. The team remained the Mighty Ducks for a year under the new ownership.

I actually have an idea involving this. Unfortunately I am way too busy with other things to work on it. I feel that they will try to work a full body duck into a shield of some sort. Either the logo that we all thought they were going to use originally...or a head-on duck, wings spread, swooping for a landing with puck in feet, inside a circle. "Anaheim" on top between the spread wings, "Ducks Hockey Club" around the bottom part of the circle.Hockey guys love circles, right?

Just no. There are already too many teams with the "circle in the logo," faux-back gimmick already.

Just in case this information has gotten lost, here were the original colors proposed for the Ducks:

AnaheimDucks_UC1_2007_SOL_SRGB.png

They dropped the Green (don't know why), replaced the Bronze with Gold, and added Silver - here's the current color set:

AnaheimDucks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Anaheims jerseys would have been infinitly better had they stuck with the first colour scheme, especially if they're home was mainly forest green. It would have been a really unique look. Too bad they chickened out and jumped on the black bandwagon about a decade too late

I actually have an idea involving this. Unfortunately I am way too busy with other things to work on it. I feel that they will try to work a full body duck into a shield of some sort. Either the logo that we all thought they were going to use originally...or a head-on duck, wings spread, swooping for a landing with puck in feet, inside a circle. "Anaheim" on top between the spread wings, "Ducks Hockey Club" around the bottom part of the circle.Hockey guys love circles, right?

Just no. There are already too many teams with the "circle in the logo," faux-back gimmick already.

That was my point, all teams think "Hey, hockey fans apparently love circles! Let's hop on the bandwagon and sell some crap!" I honestly could see it happening, but I hope they go for a shield shape like in one of their leaked logos.

That was my point, all teams think "Hey, hockey fans apparently love circles! Let's hop on the bandwagon and sell some crap!" I honestly could see it happening, but I hope they go for a shield shape like in one of their leaked logos.

oh, haha. Missed the sarcasm I guess (it is monday). But yeah too many expansion teams are trying to do the faux-back look its killing originality. One good thing about the ducks current jerseys is the 90's striping (because afterall they are a 90's team). Wish more teams would grasp this.

No they didn't.

There is a reason why the old Ducks' identity has been lacking in the NHL games... and Disney owns the identity and gave a grace period for the Ducks' to rebrand.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived