Ducks Announce New Third Jerseys!

ThePreacher

http://ducks.blog.ocregister.com/2010/06/11/ducks-to-wear-third-jerseys-in-2010-11/37839/

Hey guys, I am a rabid Ducks fan, but I'm not a designer.. I was wondering if you talented individuals out there would be interested in submitting what you think the Ducks might produce. GM Bob Murray didn't leak any details, only saying the design will have "meaning to it."

Thanks!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

They're hinting that it's meaningful. That's an uh-oh. Edmonton's flying oil-droplet cog was "meaningful." How do you visually represent a championship, fake retirements, excessive penalty minutes, and oversized goalie padding?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope they bring back Wildwing. That'd be epic... epically funny, cuz I hate the Ducks.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I don't know how to upload images, but I think this is by far the coolest Ducks concept I've seen...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/Rro0tdB0ZHI/AAAAAAAABCI/MwEV1lo0Tyw/s1600-h/Anaheim_Ducks_Unisheet.png

Didnt someone on this board produce that within the last few years?

ghettofarmboy or gfm....I think. I don't know what he's called on here, but his deviantart account is "Matthiason"

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

I got that concept link from the blog formerly known as "Tournament of Logos" (currently known as "Icethetics.info.)

As a Ducks fan I must say that Orange would be HIDEOUS. We are not the Flyers. An orange sweater would be a joke. Additionally, the LAST thing Ducks fans want is the webbed "D" to be made into a primary. The Ducks need to tear it down and rebuild. For a franchise with a long history of uni fails, I am not looking forward to what they unveil...

The only redemption would be a throwback to that incredible black and eggplant third with the "Anaheim" script across the front that was abandoned during the lockout.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I don't know how to upload images, but I think this is by far the coolest Ducks concept I've seen...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/Rro0tdB0ZHI/AAAAAAAABCI/MwEV1lo0Tyw/s1600-h/Anaheim_Ducks_Unisheet.png

Didnt someone on this board produce that within the last few years?

ghettofarmboy or gfm....I think. I don't know what he's called on here, but his deviantart account is "Matthiason"

He goes by "GFB" on here.

Wait, ghettofarmboy is the Scheduling Loss guy? Really! Hm. Guess I expected better from him for some reason.

the LAST thing Ducks fans want is the webbed "D" to be made into a primary.

Why? Isn't this vastly preferable to the full Ducks script? Remember when media outlets tried to use that as a primary logo and it never looked right? Bad times. The webbed D is much better.

The only redemption would be a throwback to that incredible black and eggplant third with the "Anaheim" script across the front that was abandoned during the lockout.

Actually it was worn up through 2006. Glad they got rid of it, as there was already a team in the area with black and purple.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^That jersey was such a classic look. I HATE the Ducks and even i own one:

8325_124819518718_509638718_2380191_3984325_n.jpg

Good stuff..

5amlwx.jpg

Good stuff..

I'm going to agree with admiral here. To close to the Kings' look.

?I think the fans will really embrace it based on the fact that there is meaning to it.?

Let's analyze that statement. This seems to imply that the current look does not have meaning. It also seems to imply that the fans want more "meaning".

Hmmmmmm. Could that mean that there isn't enough orange in the current unis? I don't think so. While the new colours aren't a run away winner with the fans I don't think people are too caught up with the orange county connection.

Could that mean that the primary logo really has no connection to the name? Well, I think that sounds a lot more plausible.

I think we can expect a new logo. Something with a duck in it. The webbed D is not a very strong mark.

1. I hate the Ducks current "logo", er, wordmark. Simplifying it down to just the webbed "D" is still gross. We have the worst logo in the league. It's an embarrassment.

2. The Kings should either drop the purple, or drop the black. The only two looks I've ever liked for the Kings were the Marcel Dionne days where they sported Forum Blue & Gold, and then the Gretzky Era black and silver.

3. I cannot stress enough how terrible an Orange uni would be for the Ducks.

4. The only acceptable third for this club (in my opinion) would be something radically different than what they have now, and (hopefully) a simple throwback to the Mighty Ducks days.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

ps) Sorry for the "deceptive" title. I was hoping that by adding the subtext people wouldn't get their hopes up and think "Oh, sweet! The Ducks have released images of their new alt!" I apologize for that.

I simply wanted some talented graphic artists to post their ideas of what they think it might look like, since I have absolutely ZERO ability to create concepts.

I'm hoping one of you awesome and talented concept artist guys out there creates some ideas for this thread on what you envision the Ducks releasing...

For instance, THIS (from the concept threads) is AMAZING!!! = http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=73810

As it stands, the Ducks have a stupid logo (wordmark), stupid colors (see: BFBS), and mediocre unis (the white road uni that becomes see-thru when the players perspire is particularly sartorially offensive.) Just my $0.02 as a huge Ducks fan and lifelong resident of the great City of Anaheim (home to the 2002 WS Champion Anaheim Angels, 2003 WCF Champion and 2007 SCF Champion Anaheim Ducks.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Good stuff..

Anaheim should have three script jerseys? No thanks. I also agree that having an orange jersey would be terrible, why not forest green like they were originally planning before the name change?

Archived