2010 NBA Draft

Gary

Washington has the first pick, Wall is the favorite for being the first pick. Discuss

Pistons who are my favorite team in the NBA has the 7th pick. I would love for Cousins to fall to the 7th pick. Nice post up player that the Pistons need if they are going to be a defensive ballclub. Hopefully it happens

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After their annual getting bent over by the lottery, the T-Wolves have the 4th pick. I think they are very high on Wesley Johnson, but I kind of hope they end up with Cousins.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not that I care too much about who goes where tonight (especially 'cause Denver isnt picking), I just wonder if tonight is the night Washington announces their new nickname. Plus, we get to check out all the new logos and uniforms. So that's always fun.

6uXNWAo.png

After their annual getting bent over by the lottery, the T-Wolves have the 4th pick. I think they are very high on Wesley Johnson, but I kind of hope they end up with Cousins.

The T-Wolves bent themselves over with their shenanigans to keep ordinary Joe Smith in the fold...they aren't victims of anything but their own stupidity and arrogance.

But yeah, I would gather that Wes Johnson is their guy. Why would they draft Cousins when 2 of their only 3 good best players already play his position? What am I talking about...this is the team that drafted 3 PGs in the first round last year. Why the hell not?!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ESPN is stating that the Bulls are about to send Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards for an undisclosed player/draft pick, the reason being it will help the Bulls free up some caps space.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5324240

Assuming Washington takes Wall tonight, that would make three starting point guards on their roster, along with Arenas. Something seems fishy here.

6uXNWAo.png

ESPN is stating that the Bulls are about to send Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards for an undisclosed player/draft pick, the reason being it will help the Bulls free up some caps space.

Link:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5324240

Assuming Washington takes Wall tonight, that would make three starting point guards on their roster, along with Arenas. Something seems fishy here.

Unless they are trying to trade Arenas

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5324240

I agree...I think the Wizards are doing everything they can to ship out Arenas. I read an article here in the Orlando Sentinel yesterday that they offered the Magic Arenas for Vince Carter, but the Magic's GM Otis Smith shot it down. Problem for Washington is his contract is inflated and w/ his past injuries he is a total gamble for any team to acquire via trade.

Guess we'll wait and see...

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

The T-Wolves bent themselves over with their shenanigans to keep ordinary Joe Smith in the fold...they aren't victims of anything but their own stupidity and arrogance.

But yeah, I would gather that Wes Johnson is their guy. Why would they draft Cousins when 2 of their only 3 good best players already play his position? What am I talking about...this is the team that drafted 3 PGs in the first round last year. Why the hell not?!

They are clearly the worst run organization in sports, but the Joe Smith debacle is not why the lottery continues to bite them (unless it's punishment and the lotto is fixed, which I know you don't think). The three picks (originally to be 5 but the NBA gave two back) were not lottery picks. They've been in, I don't know, 15 lotteries. They have never moved up. They have moved down every year with one or two exceptions (when they stood pat). They shoot themselves in the foot frequently, but the lottery has absolutely crapped on them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Minnesota's also been shopping Al Jefferson, and Detroit has given them their best offer (7th pick and Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract for Jefferson), but they're still not ready to pull the trigger yet.

I just hope that Grizzlies don't mess this up, and that the Thunder get some players who can contribute now, not foreigners that won't pan out. Also it would be nice to see Lance Stephenson get drafted by either of those teams, or even fall to his hometown Knicks at 38. The latter is not likely as the Bucks pick 37th, and were stronlgy considering him at the 15 spot. But they are also trying to trade back into the late first round.

Seems like the first 8 picks are set unless there's a surprise...

1 WSH - Wall

2 PHI - Turner

3 NJ - Favors

4 MIN - Johnson

5 SAC - Cousins

6 GS - Monroe

7 DET - Davis

8 LAC - Aminu

I thought there was a chance that Johnson goes three, which would turn Minnesota's pick around a bit.

POTD (Shared)

I was really in the mood to watch this draft, but since the Bulls traded away their pick, I'll have to wait the extra week for my basketball thirst to be quenched. That is of course when the Bulls can sign Bosh and James with their new dinero.

Good luck, Mr. Hinrich. We loved you in Chicago, One of the only good things about the post-MJ/Pip bulls. You got screwed by Derrick Rose coming. Its not your fault. See ya later, Captain Kirk. Its a shame you had to go to the Wizards

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

According to Yahoo Sports, the Pacers and Nets are discussing trade involving Danny Granger and 10th pick to Jersey for Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian and 3rd overall pick.

6uXNWAo.png

So the Blazers just fired their GM, 7 minutes before the draft starts.

That brings up this question: THE :censored: IS GOIN ON IN PORTLAND RIGHT NOW? Who in their right mind fires their GM minutes before the draft begins?

**crossing fingers that Epke Udoh falls to the Jazz** **crossing fingers that Epke Udoh falls to the Jazz**

and WOW, what's with Portland??

Edit: Gahh, of course as soon as I post this, the Golden State San Francisco Ah Who The Heck Are We Warriors snag Udoh. That's my typical Jazz fan luck. :( .....c'mon Cole Aldrich.....

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Link

There's the link. They seriously fired their GM less than an hour before the draft. This is seriously bizarre.

I think the best part is that Allen is still letting him conduct the draft. I hope the Blazers like paying Frodo Baggins a couple million to play Center.

Also, perhaps fortune would smile on the Wolves if they actually did anything constructive with their picks. You were going to take Rubio last year anyway, and it would have played out similarly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived