Greyhound redesigns logo/buses

DelayedPenalty

I logged onto the Greyhound website today to check on some fares for guests coming from out of town for my wedding in Octboer. I was greeted by a pop up displaying Greyhound's redesigned buses.

After a little Googling I also found that this redesign was done in 2009 by communications agency Lawrence & Pierce as part of Greyhound's launch in the UK.

Anyone seen any of these on the road? All the Greyhounds I see rumbling through Ann Arbor are still the old stainless steel sided ones. The white ones don't even come through very often.

Here's the link to Greyhound's redone website.

New:

nov09_trend1.jpg

p-image-8.jpgp-image-1.jpg

p-image-4.jpgp-image-2.jpg

Old:

greyhound-bus-1.jpg

229154405_991d62934d1.jpg

I recall just the other day I said I'd love to see buses with electrical outlets and wifi to make those long trips more entertaining. That's a great looking bus- hopefully Coach Canada keeps pace with Greyhound.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I recall just the other day I said I'd love to see buses with electrical outlets and wifi to make those long trips more entertaining. That's a great looking bus- hopefully Coach Canada keeps pace with Greyhound.

If you ever decide to make any trips between Baltimore or D.C. and Philadelphia, NYC, or Boston, check out BOLT Bus--they have those amentities and some damn cheap tickets. That's if you're ever in the area. :P

Back to Greyhound, I started seeing some of these rolling around D.C. last year. I was very impressed (but then, I'm something of a livery geek as is, as some of you know). Has a very '50s feel to it. Nice and slick like.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, this about rocks the house. Bonus points if the name and chrome detail are actually raised metal instead of flat graphics.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Agree that this is a fantastic update:

greyhound-bus-city-7x5-in.jpg

Though I can't find a pic, Greyhound employees on strike years ago came up with a very funny and clever take on the company logo. Their signs had the greyhound exactly as rendered on the bus except it was sitting down instead of running. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Agree that this is a fantastic update:

greyhound-bus-city-7x5-in.jpg

Though I can't find a pic, Greyhound employees on strike years ago came up with a very funny and clever take on the company logo. Their signs had the greyhound exactly as rendered on the bus except it was sitting down instead of running. :D

What you can't tell by this picture is that five minutes after it was taken, all of the wheels were stolen and the bus was left up on blocks. That's what you gets when you park yo bus in Camden...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived