CFL Retro 2010

officeglenn

Did anyone catch that Edm-Ssk game?? I could have swore I saw Ken Miller wearing a T-shirt with a red R on a football... wonder if that R football logo is here in the sports logo section or never shown publicly?? I would love to see that logo...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone catch that Edm-Ssk game?? I could have swore I saw Ken Miller wearing a T-shirt with a red R on a football... wonder if that R football logo is here in the sports logo section or never shown publicly?? I would love to see that logo...

Here you go. They have a billion shirts like the one Miller was wearing at Jersey City in Regina. Cheap, now. 50% off or something. It's also on the Rider office right now, fairly large. I'll snap some pictures next week.

retro30_nostripes%20copy5919.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

The Blue Bombers jerseys look so amazing with the numbers, I can not get over it.

bannerRetroJersey.jpg

Who doesn't want a Ralph "Dieter" Brock #5 jersey?

I only wish my Argos would have gone with some decent stripes from the early-'70's, instead of the plain blue jersey they are trotting out for this year's retro games.

I can haz sig?

Here you go. They have a billion shirts like the one Miller was wearing at Jersey City in Regina. Cheap, now. 50% off or something. It's also on the Rider office right now, fairly large. I'll snap some pictures next week.

OHH thanks, man... I was wondering about that logo now I see it, and it is very nice but wow interesting I never saw it anywhere before.. I do have a buddy who is from Saskatchewan.. will ask him about that logo and ask him if he seen it often before or not... gotta save the logo to show him...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

OHH thanks, man... I was wondering about that logo now I see it, and it is very nice but wow interesting I never saw it anywhere before.. I do have a buddy who is from Saskatchewan.. will ask him about that logo and ask him if he seen it often before or not... gotta save the logo to show him...

I was at the game on Saturday, and there was another logo between the Red and black football logo and the green and gold football logo with the banner. I cannot find it anywhere else, including on the Rider office where tey have all the logos right now. It was red and black as well. Anyone else see it?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

The Blue Bombers jerseys look so amazing with the numbers, I can not get over it.

bannerRetroJersey.jpg

Who doesn't want a Ralph "Dieter" Brock #5 jersey?

I only wish my Argos would have gone with some decent stripes from the early-'70's, instead of the plain blue jersey they are trotting out for this year's retro games.

I bought the Dieter Brock throwback shirt.

I will definetly be ordering one of those in.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Bombers are wearing these beauts this year-

RetroJersey.jpg

Wow, those are super nice. Any idea what the number font will look like?

And Georges, I think it's a good possibility that's what we might see for the Als. Last year honoured the ?60s, so it looks like they're up to the ?70s this year.

Dieter_Brock.jpg

This is from the 80's but I'm pretty sure their font stayed the same just change the blue for white obviously

I like the Bombers ones the best, and I'm a Stamps fan, but I love the look of the Stamps' jersey shown here.

The one they've announced/released looks close to the one above--and yeah, I saw the note that it was from the 80's.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Why even bother if you're going to come up with this? I can't imagine that people will be running out to the shop to buy this thing. And if it's true that the team never wore it... huh?

vUAju.jpg

If people buy those high school-esque NY Giants jerseys...they'll buy those.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I don't know if it's just an "old wive's tale" or the truth but apparently the riders were always going to have the black/red colour scheme. But one year, way back in the 1920s the owner found a set of football jerseys for really cheap that were green and just bought the to cut costs, hence we have the green riders of today.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I don't know if it's just an "old wive's tale" or the truth but apparently the riders were always going to have the black/red colour scheme. But one year, way back in the 1920s the owner found a set of football jerseys for really cheap that were green and just bought the to cut costs, hence we have the green riders of today.

I think that one has to be filled under "old wives' tale" as the change from red and black to green and white was made during the late 1940s.

I think that one has to be filled under "old wives' tale" as the change from red and black to green and white was made during the late 1940s.

Don't quote me on the date. I've only heard the story once in passing and I don't recall the date mentioned.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Don't quote me on the date. I've only heard the story once in passing and I don't recall the date mentioned.

This story is true. I was talking to a past president of the Riders, and an executive of the team was in Chicago, and found a full set of green and white jerseys in a sports surplus store. They were bought purely for economic reasons...this occured prior to the 1948 season. This was also the year Moose Jaw and Saskatoon's teams folded, and the name was changed from the Regina Roughriders to Saskatchewan.

Spoiler

This story is true. I was talking to a past president of the Riders, and an executive of the team was in Chicago, and found a full set of green and white jerseys in a sports surplus store. They were bought purely for economic reasons...this occured prior to the 1948 season. This was also the year Moose Jaw and Saskatoon's teams folded, and the name was changed from the Regina Roughriders to Saskatchewan.

Amazing!

Just think if something like that was pulled today.

Archived