2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The frustrating thing is that this is not the first game Zendejas has blown for us. Last year against Oregon, he missed a 30 yarder which was the difference.(And Cats would be in the Rose Bowl) This has to be one of the most disappointing years ever in Wildcat football history. I remember telling my dad that they should do what the Vanadals did last year against Bowling Green and go for 2 on that play. I swear that last block was VERY low.

The kick was extremely low, you're right. Hit one of the blockers in the back.

It's nice to be on the other side of one of these stupid close games for once this season too. And on the other side of a blocked extra point.

- Blocked extra point in a 20-19 loss at Wisconsin.

- Blocked extra point, returned down field for two points in a 34-33 loss at USC.

- Hung with Oregon for most of the game. Forced Oregon to punt more than in any other game. Fell apart thanks to the Threet interception gun.

- Despite an impressive performance by Jacquizz Rodgers, ASU only lost by three, 31-28, at Oregon State.

- Outplayed Stanford in Tempe, but an absolutely BS penalty late in the game, a call the Pac-10 apologized to ASU for getting wrong, which was followed by Burfict getting a personal foul for complaining about it, which shouldn't have happened if it was called right, put Stanford in position for the go-ahead score.

There was only one game that ASU wasn't in at any point (the ugly mid-season beatdown at Cal). ASU could easily be at least 9-3 (Taking out the two extra point losses, and the Stanford game). And there are hardly any seniors on this team. They return almost all of the starters. Watch out for this Sun Devil team next year.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn wouldn't have paid Scam Newton a dime if they didn't think he would have helped them get into the BCS National Championship. So yes, the BCS does play a small role.

I'd like you to find me one article or report that states AUBURN paid or offered Cam Newton (or his father for that matter) any money or extra benefits.

They are still investigating that, I'm sure there will be plenty of articles on it when the investigation is over, just saying its pretty hard to believe that his dad tryed getting money from Miss. State and wouldn't try getting it from Auburn (plus Cam solely picked Auburn because his dad wanted him to go there, wonder why? :rolleyes: ). I also find it hard to believe his dad would try getting money and Cam wouldn't know anything about it, they just need more evidence, once they get it, he is screwed. As for the whole Heisman debate, Cam was the best player this year but if they are worried he will get it taken away then they should vote for someone else, I think Luck or James deserves it more the Kellen Moore this season though.

I think that's the glimmer of hope for most rival fans. That something, SOMEWHERE will turn up. As for the investigation:

In the Cam Newton reinstatement case, there was not sufficient evidence available to establish he had any knowledge of his father?s actions and there was no indication he actually received any impermissible benefit

That's not from some random blog, that's from the NCAA.

4 Schools were recruiting Cam Newton: Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Oklahoma. 3 of those 4 have said no impropriety occured.

Why did Cecil want Cam to go to Auburn? Well it was really down to Auburn and Mississippi State and once the shadiness at State went down, that kind of only left Auburn. Go to State and KNOW you are screwed because you're actually going to the school that money was asked for...or go to Auburn and hope the State business doesn't hurt him.

It was a throwaway line at the time, but during the recruitment, Cecil Newton said he didn't want his son going to State because he would be a "Rented Mule" there.

As for why Cam wouldn't know. Out of Blinn, Cecil did most of the visits because Cam was still at Juco. However, at Auburn, Cecil never went on the visit. Cam went alone.

Auburn wouldn't have paid Scam Newton a dime if they didn't think he would have helped them get into the BCS National Championship. So yes, the BCS does play a small role.

I'd like you to find me one article or report that states AUBURN paid or offered Cam Newton (or his father for that matter) any money or extra benefits.

They are still investigating that, I'm sure there will be plenty of articles on it when the investigation is over, just saying its pretty hard to believe that his dad tryed getting money from Miss. State and wouldn't try getting it from Auburn (plus Cam solely picked Auburn because his dad wanted him to go there, wonder why? :rolleyes: ). I also find it hard to believe his dad would try getting money and Cam wouldn't know anything about it, they just need more evidence, once they get it, he is screwed. As for the whole Heisman debate, Cam was the best player this year but if they are worried he will get it taken away then they should vote for someone else, I think Luck or James deserves it more the Kellen Moore this season though.

I think that's the glimmer of hope for most rival fans. That something, SOMEWHERE will turn up. As for the investigation:

In the Cam Newton reinstatement case, there was not sufficient evidence available to establish he had any knowledge of his father’s actions and there was no indication he actually received any impermissible benefit

That's not from some random blog, that's from the NCAA.

4 Schools were recruiting Cam Newton: Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Oklahoma. 3 of those 4 have said no impropriety occured.

Why did Cecil want Cam to go to Auburn? Well it was really down to Auburn and Mississippi State and once the shadiness at State went down, that kind of only left Auburn. Go to State and KNOW you are screwed because you're actually going to the school that money was asked for...or go to Auburn and hope the State business doesn't hurt him.

It was a throwaway line at the time, but during the recruitment, Cecil Newton said he didn't want his son going to State because he would be a "Rented Mule" there.

As for why Cam wouldn't know. Out of Blinn, Cecil did most of the visits because Cam was still at Juco. However, at Auburn, Cecil never went on the visit. Cam went alone.

Are they done investigating? I didn't think so, the NCAA has said the Investigation is still ongoing. As for your Cecil explanation, doesn't make much sense, why would Cam be screwed for going to Mississippi State? If he went there, they probably wouldn't have said a word about Cecil wanting money. I'm just saying its all really fishy and where there is smoke there is fire, and theres a lot of smoke at Auburn right now. The funny thing to me is how you think him being eligible just clears him. It doesn't, they are still investigating, trying to find more evidence about it. You think he's just off the hook but he's not yet. And I do hope he gets caught because thats all yall every talk about, Alabama's probation from 8 years ago, if Auburn gets caught for this all I can say is Karma came back to bite yall in the ass.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The frustrating thing is that this is not the first game Zendejas has blown for us. Last year against Oregon, he missed a 30 yarder which was the difference.(And Cats would be in the Rose Bowl) This has to be one of the most disappointing years ever in Wildcat football history. I remember telling my dad that they should do what the Vanadals did last year against Bowling Green and go for 2 on that play. I swear that last block was VERY low.

The kick was extremely low, you're right. Hit one of the blockers in the back.

It's nice to be on the other side of one of these stupid close games for once this season too. And on the other side of a blocked extra point.

- Blocked extra point in a 20-19 loss at Wisconsin.

- Blocked extra point, returned down field for two points in a 34-33 loss at USC.

- Hung with Oregon for most of the game. Forced Oregon to punt more than in any other game. Fell apart thanks to the Threet interception gun.

- Despite an impressive performance by Jacquizz Rodgers, ASU only lost by three, 31-28, at Oregon State.

- Outplayed Stanford in Tempe, but an absolutely BS penalty late in the game, a call the Pac-10 apologized to ASU for getting wrong, which was followed by Burfict getting a personal foul for complaining about it, which shouldn't have happened if it was called right, put Stanford in position for the go-ahead score.

There was only one game that ASU wasn't in at any point (the ugly mid-season beatdown at Cal). ASU could easily be at least 9-3 (Taking out the two extra point losses, and the Stanford game). And there are hardly any seniors on this team. They return almost all of the starters. Watch out for this Sun Devil team next year.

We could've been 10-2. We lost to Oregon State, even though James Rodgers got hurt before the half. We played flat against USC(who wasn't that good this year, and you guys should've beaten). And of course last night. :cursing: Zendejas!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That was not just Zendejas' fault. Put some blame on the entire special teams unit. Put some blame on the DBs for dropping at least four sure interceptions. Put some blame on Stoops for not going for two.

Stoops does actually blame himself for that last one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh well, at least we're still going to a bowl and they're not.

http://twitter.com/#!/DougHaller/status/10823334543491072

RT @ASUDevilscom: #ArizonaState Director of Operations John Wrenn informed #ASUDevilscom there will be no bowl game for ASU.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

RT @ASUDevilscom: #ArizonaState Director of Operations John Wrenn informed #ASUDevilscom there will be no bowl game for ASU.

That is not really news since there already are 70 eligible teams, with four more with a possibility to be eligible tomorrow.

Whatever helps you sleep at night :P

We already knew that they weren't going to get in. Not a big deal.

In your bowl, try to actually score this year.

So is the Pac 10 Oregon, Stanford, and "Oh God look at that bloody mess on the floor" this season or something? How many teams are Bowl eligible out of that Conference?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So is the Pac 10 Oregon, Stanford, and "Oh God look at that bloody mess on the floor" this season or something? How many teams are Bowl eligible out of that Conference?

So far, it's Oregon, Stanford and Arizona that is bowl eligible. Washington and Oregon State can get in with wins.

Only one will win their game and get bowl eligible. Me thinks the MAC and it's 6 teams are looking pretty good at taking what the Pac-10 cannot fill.

So far, it's Oregon, Stanford and Arizona that is bowl eligible. Washington and Oregon State can get in with wins.

Only one will win their game and get bowl eligible. Me thinks the MAC and it's 6 teams are looking pretty good at taking what the Pac-10 cannot fill.

LA Tech and Middle Tenn can be bowl eligible as well, but they both face the conference champion (Nevada and FIU) tomorrow.

Losing a bowl, even by that margin, is better than not making one at all.

Losing a bowl, even by that margin, is better than not making one at all.

to defend, "Still MIGHTY" for a bit, it did not seem that the additional 15 practices made a difference then. What can they do now going into the game with a four game losing streak?

We'll be playing hungry, which is much more playing than ASU will be doing. That makes any team dangerous, which is more than can be said about ASU this bowl season.

We'll be playing hungry, which is much more playing than ASU will be doing. That makes any team dangerous, which is more than can be said about ASU this bowl season.

BlockedKick.jpg

Congratulations. We'll take back what's rightfully ours next year.

Most of us over the age of 30 truly know just two moments in Wildcat Football history. Seriously, just two:

1992: 8-7 loss @ Miami when your kicker was a little too cocky going onto the field.

1999: 41-7 loss @ Penn State.

Here's my analogy.

The 1990's:Arizona Football :: The 2000's:Cal Bears Football

All hype...no Rose Bowls, just "shared titles".

EDIT: My bad, Kevin. I forgot Ortege Jenkings flip onto the timezone. So that makes just three memories of Arizona football.

Archived