2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Well, it appears Connecticut (Connecticut!) has grasped the hot potato that is the inside track for the Big East's BCS bid. Don't ask me for scenarios if Pitt, West Virginia, and the Huskies lose out-this is a joke any way you cut it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GAME OVER.

The undisputed best team in the nation has just beaten the Tide, 28-27.

No need for the final ten minutes. With this comeback, Auburn has proven that they belong.

Makes you wonder how a non-BCS team like Boise State would react if they began the game down 24-0....

6uXNWAo.png

GAME OVER.

No need for the final ten minutes. With this comeback, Auburn has proven that they belong.

Makes you wonder how a non-BCS team like Boise State would react if they began the game down 24-0....

TCU reacted well against San Diego State...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

GAME OVER.

If they're undisputed, then why are they #2?

I've held it in for a while but I just have to say it - I don't understand you one flippin' bit.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

GAME OVER.

TCU reacted well against San Diego State...

I believe TCU only trailed 14-0 in that game. Plus, San Diego State is NO Alabama.

6uXNWAo.png

GAME OVER.

I've held it in for a while but I just have to say it - I don't understand you one flippin' bit.

You can't compare Oregon, Boise State, and TCU to Auburn - it's like comparing apples to oranges. Auburn is an SEC team, which means they're automatically better than any non-SEC team.

LvZYtbZ.png

Auburn will be the first team ever to Vacate a National Championship it could be disastrous for the NCAA.

Yeah, because Auburn is a lock to finish off Alabama, beat South Carolina, and upset Oregon....

6uXNWAo.png

GAME OVER.

You can't compare Oregon, Boise State, and TCU to Auburn - it's like comparing apples to oranges. Auburn is an SEC team, which means they're automatically better than any non-SEC team.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself, right?

You said that you can't compare Auburn to Oregon, TCU, and Boise State to Auburn, then you did.

GAME OVER.

No, it doesn't. It means they're in the SEC, and that's all. Do you mean to tell me that because Vanderbilt is in the SEC, that they're automatically better than a non-SEC team? Do you mean to tell me that if Kentucky played against Stanford today, that the Wildcats would win because they're "automatically better"? Seriously, I don't know what your obsession is with the SEC, but it's a strange one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Auburn will be the first team ever to Vacate a National Championship it could be disastrous for the NCAA.

Yeah, because Auburn is a lock to finish off Alabama, beat South Carolina, and upset Oregon....

South Carolina is not that good, and Oregon can't stop Cam.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

GAME OVER.

No, it doesn't. It means they're in the SEC, and that's all. Do you mean to tell me that because Vanderbilt is in the SEC, that they're automatically better than a non-SEC team? Do you mean to tell me that if Kentucky played against Stanford today, that the Wildcats would win because they're "automatically better"? Seriously, I don't know what your obsession is with the SEC, but it's a strange one.

1iwlk.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

GAME OVER.

Don't use logic against him, man. Logic doesn't work against an SEC fanboy of his level.

GAME OVER.

Kentucky would win the game easily, by four touchdowns. SEC teams just don't lose to non-SEC teams.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, it appears Connecticut (Connecticut!) has grasped the hot potato that is the inside track for the Big East's BCS bid. Don't ask me for scenarios if Pitt, West Virginia, and the Huskies lose out-this is a joke any way you cut it.

There's actually a scenario where 5 teams can end up being 5-3 in conference when all is said and done.

Yeah, I'll see you at Yankee Stadium in late December and not think about a scenario where Syracuse somehow holds tiebreakers in their favor and goes to the Fiesta Bowl :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

GAME OVER.

Kentucky would win the game easily, by four touchdowns. SEC teams just don't lose to non-SEC teams.

Oh, what the hell...

What do you call this? OMG! An SEC team lost to a Non-SEC Team!! Oh, the humanity of it all!

Oh, and here is Another example and what is this? Two more examples of what I'm getting at: Part 1 and Part 2

Oh, and let's not forget Jacksonville State, a team that made the FCS playoffs, won at Ole Miss.

I can do this all day long, will. But, at this point it's basically a one sided fight here. Where's the ref when you need him because this one needs to be called after the whooping I just laid out on his SEC fanboyism.

Archived