Pat Burns Stepping Down?

jkrdevil

Poor old Pat hasn't had any long run with any team that he's been with. it seems that after a season or two with him at the helm, the team just doesn't respond anymore. He is a good coach, and I like him, but he's never had that long run with any team to really establish himself. It's a shame if he has to step down. I'll be keeeping my eye open on this one

Lou Lamorello is the only NHL GM with What Have you done for me Lately on his entrance door to his office.

If the Devils hire Quenneville it will only show how clueless Glen Sather and teh Rangers are again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lou Lamorello is the only NHL GM with What Have you done for me Lately on his entrance door to his office.

If the Devils hire Quenneville it will only show how clueless Glen Sather and teh Rangers are again.

Tank, I had made a mistake, the Devils aren't firing him. It is something health related.

EDIT: Thanks Chris.

That's a shame if it is health-related. I know a lot of Bruins fans miss him still as the coach. I know he was working random telecasts for the AHL Manchester Monarchs during his hiatus from coaching a few years ago. I think I still hear his commercial for Halrey-Davidson of Boston on the radio. He might even still live in New Hampshire. If he does retire, maybe he can still do some broadcasting or commentary on TV.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I never liked Burns. Even after he won us the cup, i still didn't like him. However, the man knows his hockey. I hope he makes a full recovery and can be back on the bench getting yelled at by me....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As a Ranger fan it's my duty to hate anyone even remotely associated with the New Jersey Devils, but my heart goes out to Pat Burns and his family. Here's hoping a fast and full recovery to one of the best coaches in the National Hockey League today or ever.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

God Bless Burns~

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

No end of bad news for hockey. Hopefully this ends up being one of the not-hyped-enough-feel-good-stories out of hockey (like Saku Koivu's recovery and return). The man has been around hockey as long as I can remember, and I wish him a quick return to health.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Another sad day in the hockey world this year. Burns is a very classy man. I have always liked the guy since he coached the Leafs in the Gilmour era.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him & his family, and may he have a speedy recovery.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

My mom is a stage four colon cancer survivor (going on a year and a half now, thank God). The progress that is being made in the treatment of the disease by arresting the growth of the tumor(s) through localized chemotherapy and then going in to remove the cancer surgically is pretty impressive. My mom received some of the more progressive treatments and it worked. Five years ago she more than likely would have died - Stage Four is as bad as it gets. I hope that Coach Burns has the same good fortune - but it's a grueling road to recovery, to be sure.

Archived