Wilson fined for orange cleats.

Ted Cunningham

Article

I found it interesting that the cleats must be 50% or more the team's dominant color. Does this mean the color they designate for cleats, i.e. black for Pittsburgh, and white for Oakland? Or does it mean they have to be the main color of the team's color scheme? I can't fathom it'd be the latter, but the article almost makes it sound that way.

I think it is 50% of the "designated color", which would be black in this case (or white for Oakland, red for Philly, etc.). I remember Lukas explaining it in an All-Star Game article he wrote a few years back. The rule is suspended for ASG's, so it's a shoe free-for-all.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

all cleats in all sports should be solid black - simple as that.

Wrong.

I hate when teams wear black cleats when there is little or no black in their identity. The Dodgers, Cardinals, Royals, Rangers, A's and Phillies are the only teams that have figured this out.

You can't tell me that this:

a052708_400.jpg

Looks better than this:

fantasy_u_howard_200.jpg

How are they going to make players cover up tattoos because they're too much of a distraction and not crack down on highlighter-colored cleats. I'm glad they acted on this.

hollywoodp.jpg

But see then we wouldn't have such cool nicknames as Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. ^_^

Ironically enough, the one team in the NFL that I feel absolutely should have black cleats insists on sticking with white cleats, even though black is one of their team colors...the Pittsburgh Steelers.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wrong.

I hate when teams wear black cleats when there is little or no black in their identity. The Dodgers, Cardinals, Royals, Rangers, A's and Phillies are the only teams that have figured this out.

a052708_400.jpg

Looks better than this:

fantasy_u_howard_200.jpg

Epper's right. Simple as that.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Funny that it was the Marlins who brought this to the surface. There was a yahoo article about the Marlins manager complaining about them, yet Hanley Ramirez sports those metallic cleats every now and then. But that's not my main concern, it's the fact that someone was whining about a distraction at all. It's not like he came out to the mound with a rainbow Afro on. He just has a pair of cleats that are his teams secondary color. If that is such a distraction to hitters these days, then the standards for professional hitting must be really low. And since it's part of his equipment, what would they say if he had say, an orange mitt? Or if Pablo Sabdoval or Travis Ishikawa had orange wristbands? I mean, is a secondary color that distracting? I can understand if he was wearing a lime green Flava Flav style clock necklace, but really, cleats that are a teams secondary color? That's a ridiculous thing to complain about.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wrong.

a052708_400.jpg

Looks better than this:

fantasy_u_howard_200.jpg

Hmm. To be honest, i think they both look good. If anything, it gives the Angels some originality among the red teams.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Looking at those two, I vastly prefer the black shoes. Something about too many elements in the same color bothers me.

You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum. The Phillies wearing red cleats is a great look, as it is for the Cardinals, Dodgers and other teams that wear team colors on their cleats.

Plain black or white cleats bore me to death. Add some color in them. I can't believe they fined him for that. If it was a glove, understandable, but not cleats.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived