2010-11 European soccer outpost

Saintsfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else been paying attention to the FIFA presidential elections and bribery scandals? I wonder what would happen if most members of FIFA are indicted for receiving bribes in regards to the future World Cups.

How lame can Fox be covering the Champions League Final. This is just painful.

Yeah...it reminds me of when Fox had NHL. Not. good.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm surprised they haven't pulled out Robots kicking around a Soccer ball.

I mean it's been done.

174578526_2d47d6a70c.jpg

Still.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Has anyone else been paying attention to the FIFA presidential elections and bribery scandals? I wonder what would happen if most members of FIFA are indicted for receiving bribes in regards to the future World Cups.

We reconsider "Soccer in Wahabiland"?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1-1 at the half. Man U a bit lucky on that goal but I wouldnt have wanted that called offside either. Good half. My boy Xavi looks in rare form.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Villa scores in the 69th minute. 3-1 Barca.

Besides the first 10 minutes and Rooney's goal, this has been all Barcelona. Extremely impressive.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And that's game. Barca does hold a special place with me. I don't like them of course, but I do have an immense amount of respect for them that I don't have with others. Defense was really shoddy, couldn't stop Barca's keep-away. Bitter way to end the career of Van der Sar, but his legend is surely set. Shutting up the "talk to us when you win 19" dribble though makes this a season a relative success, so losing tonight doesn't sting as bad. It still does, but not as bad.

soundersbanner.png

And that's game. Barca does hold a special place with me. I don't like them of course, but I do have an immense amount of respect for them that I don't have with others. Defense was really shoddy, couldn't stop Barca's keep-away. Bitter way to end the career of Van der Sar, but his legend is surely set. Shutting up the "talk to us when you win 19" dribble though makes this a season a relative success, so losing tonight doesn't sting as bad. It still does, but not as bad.

Well said.

Barca just totally dominated this game. Messi showed off his #1 status and so did Barca.

Extremely impressive performance, and there is no shame in losing to a team like that.

Congrats to Barca

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Disappointed about the result, but Barcelona is a class above everyone. I don't have any strong feelings, towards Barcelona, so I'm more than ok that they've won. The scary thing is, they are still quite young all around.

I saw, I came, I left.

You know what it reminded me of? ESPN's 2006 World Cup coverage. You know, the Cup where the main PBP man was Dave O'Brien, a baseball guy. Brilliant. Responding to criticism, O'Brien said, "There's kind of a petulant little clique of soccer fans. There's not many of them, but they're mean-spirited. ... And they're not really the audience we want to reach anyway." Yes, Dave O'Brien didn't want to reach soccer fans while doing play-by-play of a soccer match. And I thought we let go of this idea.

Don't be surprised if Curt Menefee or a Fox Sports executive producer says something similar.

Archived