2010-11 European soccer outpost

Saintsfan

The English Football League prepares to kick off this weekend, and the Premier League is off and running a week later.

My predictions

Premier League Champions: Chelsea

European CL qualifiers: Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham

Europa League qualifiers: Man United, Liverpool, Everton

League Cup: Manchester City

FA Cup: Manchester United

relegated: Blackpool, West Brom and Wolves

promoted to the Premier League: Nottingham Forest, Middlesboro, QPR

But then again I picked Liverpool as premier league winners last year!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, is it me or does it seems that the offseason in Europe is just extremely short?

Doesn't help that the World Cup was in the off season! But it doesn't seem like yesterday that Chelsea were holding the Premier League trophy up!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My picks.

Premier League: Chelsea

FA Cup: Aston Villa

League Cup: Arsenal

La Liga: Real Madrid

Copa del Ray: Barcelona

Seria A: Roma

Coppa Italia: Juventus

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

DFB Pokal: Leverkusen

Champions League: Barcelona

Europa League: Ajax

Newcastle's back.

Stay out of the relegation zone and I'll call this season a success.

Premier League Top 4

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Manchester City

4. Arsenal

Premier League Relegated

18. Bolton

19. West Brom

20. Blackpool

Champions League Final

Barcelona over Chelsea

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just to predict the top five leagues, as it were:

Premier League - Manchester United F.C.

La Liga - CF Real Madrid

Bundesliga - FC Schalke 04

Serie A - AS Roma

Ligue 1 - Olympique Lyonnais

dude you really think Raul makes Schalke that much better then Bayern?......really?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

As for the European Leagues are concerned, I would still make Bayern Munich favourites in Germany, and personally I would still take Barca over Real Madrid. To me Inter are still the class team in Italy. France could see Marseille edging ahead of Lyon. Ajax may well make the leap forward to win the title!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We've got Cesc Fabregas! F off Barca!

As a Barca fan, the whole Cesc thing is a complete mess. Barcas players should back off. I know theyre buds and all, but there is nowhere a player like Cesc fits in on this team right now. If Cesc wants to play, he is certainly an elite player in the world, Barca is not where he wants to be, which is obvious considering he has never put in a formal transfer request.

If I were Barca, I would start looking for a DM, and some depth in the back. Busquets is a fine young Catalan player, but letting Yaya Toure and Rafa Marquez go hurts the depth.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

As a Barca fan, the whole Cesc thing is a complete mess. Barcas players should back off. I know theyre buds and all, but there is nowhere a player like Cesc fits in on this team right now. If Cesc wants to play, he is certainly an elite player in the world, Barca is not where he wants to be, which is obvious considering he has never put in a formal transfer request.

If I were Barca, I would start looking for a DM, and some depth in the back. Busquets is a fine young Catalan player, but letting Yaya Toure and Rafa Marquez go hurts the depth.

As a Gooner I obviously wouldn't mind having Fabregas back, but let's face it, he's now become the LeBron James of European football. Actually, make that LeBron James and Brett Favre rolled into one. And by that I'm not referring to his athletic talents.

CCSLC signature.png

As a Gooner I obviously wouldn't mind having Fabregas back, but let's face it, he's now become the LeBron James of European football. Actually, make that LeBron James and Brett Favre rolled into one. And by that I'm not referring to his athletic talents.

Just to confirm, for those for whom this thread is their main source of Soccer news, :) Fabregas will be an Arsenal player for 2010-11.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Stuff the EPL and all that. The Mighty Oxford United celebrated their return to the Football League by taking a point from Burton Albion in their first game. No if they can score a league gaoal it might be a good season.

OUFC: P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 Pts1

Undefeated in League Two !! (so far)

A little bit of pre season drama for ya. Martin O'Neill has resigned as Aston Villa manager. One of those shocking, but somehow predictable stories! I guess it's a story where the full story might take a while to come out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That shocked the hell out of me...but then again, the (speculative) reasoning made sense. Aston Villa's made little-to-no transfer moves for a couple of years now, and the rare ones that they have made haven't had too much impact. I'm sure MON's wanted to make some big transfer splashes, and for them to once again be restrictive about it must've been the final straw.

Still, always terrible to leave a team high & dry with less than a week before kickoff.

Archived