2010-11 European soccer outpost

Saintsfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally there has been some chatter today in the UK that Bob Bradley could be a candidate to replace O'Neill at Villa. In my opinion, that would be crazy move, certainly if they don't appoint a director of football to help him out. I am sure he is a good coach, but does he have the contacts to work the European transfer market?

If Bob Bradley gets the Villa job do we see his boy trading in Germany for Birmingham?

I think he will be a decent manager for them though

No.

Also: 2-0 to the Mighty Villa!

AlsoX2: Feed the Hare and the Hare will score.

Make that 3-0. Someone should start a petition or something to change West Ham's nickname to the Hammereds. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Meanwhile over at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea-WBA is quickly heading into Portugal-North Korea territory. Wonder if the Baggies' ownership will take a cue from NoKo and call their players into a meeting to make them heap abuse on the coach?

CCSLC signature.png

All in all, nothing shocking on the first day of the EPL.

Blackpool winning 4-0 away is a pretty big shock! I think Blackburn bearing Everton is a good result for them too.
I'm not sold that Blackpool is as bad as people claim they are, I think they might challenge for the silverware.

LvZYtbZ.png

All in all, nothing shocking on the first day of the EPL.

Blackpool winning 4-0 away is a pretty big shock! I think Blackburn bearing Everton is a good result for them too.
I'm not sold that Blackpool is as bad as people claim they are, I think they might challenge for the silverware.

Of course you do.

But, I certainly can't complain about the Villa result. I <3 Marc Albrighton.

If Everton can't challenge for Silverware what makes you think Blackpool will.

Tim Howard's gaff was kinda laughable but all I can say I'm glad the EPL's back and Newcastle's back with it.

FIRE UP THE TOON ARMY!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If Everton can't challenge for Silverware what makes you think Blackpool will.

Tim Howard's gaff was kinda laughable but all I can say I'm glad the EPL's back and Newcastle's back with it.

FIRE UP THE TOON ARMY!!!

I refuse to say that anyone can't challenge for silverware based on preseason predictions.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, the mighty Oxford United were unable to maintain their undefeated start in League two, losing 2-1 to Bury. I assume the squad was exhausted after tonking League one Bristol Rovers 6 - 1 in the Carling Cup mid-week.

Also, anyone predicting Liverpool/Arsenal? I'm going to assume it's a nervy game that neither time has much control of, but Arsenal are beaten by their own tendency to pass up simple scoring opportunities and are undone by a late effort from Dirk Kuyt that leaves it at 1 - 0 to Liverppool

Also, anyone predicting Liverpool/Arsenal? I'm going to assume it's a nervy game that neither time has much control of, but Arsenal are beaten by their own tendency to pass up simple scoring opportunities and are undone by a late effort from Dirk Kuyt that leaves it at 1 - 0 to Liverppool

Even with so many of their forwards and middies out, as loaded as the Gunners are I don't see them drawing a complete blank, but more than 1 goal is probably too much to ask. And with their dicey goaltending situation I'd be amazed if they got a clean sheet today either.

They get a 1-1 draw and call it a victory. :)

CCSLC signature.png

Blackpool (BLACKPOOL!!!) are currently taking Wigan to the woodshed, 3-0 at the half. Wow.

Also, Joe Hart was outstanding for City today. Tottenham really shoulda had a hatful today, yet they came away with nothing & shared points. 1/3 bad Spurs finishing, 1/3 shoddy City defense (in the first half at least) & 1/3 Hart justifying his selection over Shay Given.

It's frustrating when the only opposing player who shows up is in goal.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Tottenham's first trip to the Champions League hasn't gotten off to the greatest of starts.

BSC Young Boys are taking it to Spurs.

It's 3-0 Young Boys with only half an hour played. It couldn't get much worse for Spurs, they really need to turn it around quick.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tottenham's first trip to the Champions League hasn't gotten off to the greatest of starts.

BSC Young Boys are taking it to Spurs.

It's 3-0 Young Boys with only half an hour played. It couldn't get much worse for Spurs, they really need to turn it around quick.

Spurs get it back to 3-2. Should be able to get through now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived