2010-11 European soccer outpost

Saintsfan

Congrats to QPR, but really? There's going to be 6 London teams in the Premiership?

Dear lord.

The population of London is approximately 1/4 of the population of England. Seems reasonable that roughly 1/4 of the Premier League teams are from London!

Also the Supersaints return to the Championship next season!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borussia-Moenchengladbach.gif

WE'RE GONNA BE OK!

Wolfsburg will play in the second division next year.

Wolfsburg isnt regulated yet.

yeah that 10 goal differential will be handy,besides that which ever one ends in 16th finds themselves in a playoff with the 3rd place 2nd division team so they could either still theoretically survive

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Yah, but I hope that the Wolfs will play in second Bundesliga.

Btw, Augsburg and Hertha Berlin (the team I support) will play in Bundesliga next season.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Yah, but I hope that the Wolfs will play in second Bundesliga.

Btw, Augsburg and Hertha Berlin (the team I support) will play in Bundesliga next season.

Looks like all three teams are playing semi dead rubbers.

Wolfsburg ends the season with mid-table Hoffenheim, 'Gladbach plays Hamburg, and Eintracht Frankfurt, a point behind, plays Dortmund. None of the opponents really have anything to play for.

Also, Augsburg might be practically up but they're not officially safe yet. I'm wondering who's going to try and play up - Bochum or Greuther Furth?

LvZYtbZ.png

Manchester City defeats Man U 1-0 to advance to the FA Cup Final.

This is almost as good as winning the whole thing. I am on cloud :censored: ing 9 right now. WOW.

Stoke City is all that stands in the way of Manchester City's first major piece of silverware since 1976. Of course, Stoke City hasn't won anything since 1972 themselves.

I became a Stoke fan last year, and while I don't think they'll actually win the FA Cup, I've been extremely pleased with the way they've performed this year both in the cup and the EPL season. Beating Arsenal was a welcome surprise, and hopefully the money they get from their FA Cup run, win or lose, will be invested in some good player acquisitions for 2011-12.

nav-logo.png

Manchester City defeats Man U 1-0 to advance to the FA Cup Final.

This is almost as good as winning the whole thing. I am on cloud :censored: ing 9 right now. WOW.

Stoke City is all that stands in the way of Manchester City's first major piece of silverware since 1976. Of course, Stoke City hasn't won anything since 1972 themselves.

I became a Stoke fan last year, and while I don't think they'll actually win the FA Cup, I've been extremely pleased with the way they've performed this year both in the cup and the EPL season. Beating Arsenal was a welcome surprise, and hopefully the money they get from their FA Cup run, win or lose, will be invested in some good player acquisitions for 2011-12.

How about the money they should get from playing in Europa League next year? It'd take an epic collapse by Man City to keep them out.

LvZYtbZ.png

Personally i'd say Stoke have got better than a punchers chance in the Cup Final. They are the kind of team other teams hate playing against, have some decent enough players, and In a one off match have a decent shout against anyone. Also I seem to remember that Man City have never won the Cup wearing sky blue in the final.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Personally i'd say Stoke have got better than a punchers chance in the Cup Final. They are the kind of team other teams hate playing against, have some decent enough players, and In a one off match have a decent shout against anyone. Also I seem to remember that Man City have never won the Cup wearing sky blue in the final.

Only on the CCSLC. :P

But yeah, it's looking like we're gonna have a set-up where Liverpool and Spurs will be battling it out for the final spot in the Europa League, as there's a slim chance City doesn't finish 4th.

Seeing Stoke and Birmingham going to the Europa League just goes to show how odd this year has been from some aspects.

6fQjS3M.png

I should admit that I misspoke in my latest post in this thread. City wore light blue in winning the 1904 final against Bolton. But since then there 3 wins have been in change colors, whilst everytime they've played in a Cup final in light blue they have been turned over.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is it too soon to start a 2011/2012 Euro soccer thread? My Gunners went through another trophyless season, and August can't come soon enough.

Why, so you can get another trophyless season started?

Until Arsenal get a proper spine (goal keeper, centre back, engine room midfielder and striker) they aren't winning anything.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Why, so you can get another trophyless season started?

Until Arsenal get a proper spine (goal keeper, centre back, engine room midfielder and striker) they aren't winning anything.

^This.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

So Manchester City, for all intents & purposes, sealed up a spot in the Champions League (at least the qualification stages) with a win over Spurs this evening. This is mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. The goal back in August was for this team to at least make it to the UCL, and they did it, and I'm happy to see this team finally get in.

Also ironic that the win that put City into the UCL came against Spurs, who beat City last year in a crucial game that basically sealed their spot in this past season's UCL. Even more so that Crouch's own goal was the decider. All sorts of weird synergy going on.

Now, it'd be an absolutely perfect week if they were to actually take some silverware on Saturday.

Barca 3 peats as La Liga Champions, so far, no trophies were dropped.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The English Championship playoffs start today, & as we all know, the winner of the playoffs will get the 3rd & final promotion spot into the EPL. So yeah, this is a pretty huge deal, especially w/ all the money that comes with just being an EPL club.

SoccerByIves does a nice little preview here. Swansea City will face Nottingham Forest & Cardiff City will take on Reading. If Swansea & Cardiff both win their semifinals, we will be assured of a Welsh side entering the EPL next season.

Archived