2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

If you haven't watched the Rams-'Skins game, in the last few minutes of the first half the Rams learned yet another cruel lesson about the importance of having a quality backup running back, and couldn't come away with points after a sequence of six plays and a blocked kick starting on the Washington 1.

I hate this front office.

Withdrawn

Hatred abated for the week.

EDIT for WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Diego is turning out to be just like San Fran, All this hype and you play like utter crap.

Not really... this is just par for the course in September with the Chargers. We wait until December to click as a team every year and then wonder why every season ends early in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

The Norv era needs to end REAL soon.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Bills scored 30 today, but it wasn't enough against the Patriots. Fitzpatrick, however, looked great. We might get to 6-10 on the the season at this rate, giving Buffalo yet one more season of not-good-enough-for-playoffs-but-not-bad-enough-for-a-top-pick football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

San Diego is turning out to be just like San Fran, All this hype and you play like utter crap.

Not really... this is just par for the course in September with the Chargers. We wait until December to click as a team every year and then wonder why every season ends early in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

The Norv era needs to end REAL soon.

I've been saying it since he left, bring back Schottenheimer!

Schottenheimer is not better than Norv. At least Norv's won playoff games.

Norv won playoff games with Shottenheimer's team. We're starting to see this team fall apart as it becomes more and more Turner's.

Really, who gets fired after going 14-2?

If/when Norv gets fired, the dream scenario IMO is the Chargers convincing Gruden to come out of retirement. This franchise needs discipline in the form of a boot up the ass and Gruden's the one to do it.

Shottenheimer >>>> Turner when it comes to discipline, just saying :P

Not happening though. I think Gruden's done coaching. He seems to have a pretty good gig going now anyway. And management seems to like Norv. He'll be there until the wheels finally come off (ie to late).

Schottenheimer is not better than Norv. At least Norv's won playoff games.

If/when Norv gets fired, the dream scenario IMO is the Chargers convincing Gruden to come out of retirement. This franchise needs discipline in the form of a boot up the ass and Gruden's the one to do it.

I think that would be the perfect choice in San Diego, but can that GM stand a Coach taking all the spotlight?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Norv won playoff games with Shottenheimer's team.

Exactly. Why couldn't Schottenheimer win playoff games with Schottenheimer's team? Oh yeah, because he was a known choker of a coach, proven by his 5-13 career postseason record and no Super Bowl wins. Therefore, firing him was the correct decision.

We're starting to see this team fall apart as it becomes more and more Turner's. Really, who gets fired after going 14-2?

Agreed, Norv is an idiot and couldn't build a true contender if you spotted him the AFC Pro Bowl roster. But I'll still take winning playoff games with less talented teams over going in with all the talent and depth in the world and still choking every year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Um, if I can interrupt here between the bickering Charger fans here: They're only down 8 at Seattle right now. It's not the end of the world here, guys. One mistake (and god knows that can happen) and they can tie the game.

Norv won playoff games with Shottenheimer's team.

Exactly. Why couldn't Schottenheimer win playoff games with Schottenheimer's team? Oh yeah, because he was a known choker of a coach, proven by his 5-13 career postseason record and no Super Bowl wins. Therefore, firing him was the correct decision.

Just saying, the mistakes that cost the Chargers playoff wins under Schottenheimer were some the same mistakes they made in losses under Turner. I'm convinced they would, at the very least, have had the same post-season record if Marty was still around. Hell, maybe his "no bs" attitude could have gotten them one more win.

We're starting to see this team fall apart as it becomes more and more Turner's. Really, who gets fired after going 14-2?

Agreed, Norv is an idiot and couldn't build a true contender if you spotted him the AFC Pro Bowl roster. But I'll still take winning playoff games with less talented teams over going in with all the talent and depth in the world and still choking every year.

They won't be making the playoffs as much under Norv, so I think it's a non-issue. I'm not ready to give up on them this year (they have a history of slow starts and strong finishes, plus last year's Broncos have me not yet buying the Chiefs), but I if they don't make the post-season I honestly won't be surprised, and if they do I'll be shocked if they make it past the first game. The talent's still there, for the most part. The coach, however, is an idiot and management's inept. I think the Chargers have reached the twilight end of their run as a dominant team in the NFL, unless they do something drastic in the coaching department. Which won't happen because management's inept and loves Norv.

Um, if I can interrupt here between the bickering Charger fans here: They're only down 8 at Seattle right now. It's not the end of the world here, guys. One mistake (and god knows that can happen) and they can tie the game.

Yes, but here's the thing. The last two seasons (three if we're counting this year) they've started out weak. The past two seasons they've had to play out of their minds in the second half of the season to secure playoff births (which could have resulted in them being burnt out come playoff time). How much longer can they keep that up while dropping talented players left and right? Sooner or later the "play mediocre football (sorry NEW.ERA they're mediocre, not SF levels of bad) at the start and finish on an eight game winning streak" plan won't be viable.

And as I type that the Chargers tie things up on a TD/2pt conversion. On one hand I hate being an overreacting idiot but on the other hand they tied the game. So hey, it's a wash.

All tied up now in Seattle after a 2-point conversion for the Bolts! Rivers Magic strikes again!

I've been wanting to pull this out for a long time...

NOT SO FAST! Seattle takes their second kickoff back to the house to take the lead back... Rivers Magic cannot withstand the fury that is the 12th Man!

If you haven't watched the Rams-'Skins game, in the last few minutes of the first half the Rams learned yet another cruel lesson about the importance of having a quality backup running back, and couldn't come away with points after a sequence of six plays and a blocked kick starting on the Washington 1.

I hate this front office.

Withdrawn

Hatred abated for the week.

EDIT for WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am quoting myself to point out that I am both a defeatist arse and that Washington sucks severely and should consider disbanding immediately.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived