2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Diego is turning out to be just like San Fran, All this hype and you play like utter crap.

San Diego does turn it on late it the year so definitely don't count them out.(Unlike the Niners at least they make it interesting and have a shot at the end) However, WTF Niners? I'm at a loss for words, losing by a combined 50 points to SEA and KC, while taking the champs to the final second. Next up: @ Atlanta, who just upended the Saints then Philly who is looking pretty good. The Niners next winnable game is vs the Raiders after that.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Nice job Bengals. I didn't get to watch, but from what I've heard Jimmy Clausen looked like he was making his first start, Carson Palmer looked the same. Palmer went 19 for 37, 195 and 2 interceptions. Oy vey. That's not going to get it done against better teams, Carson. What is nice to see is that the defense looks like they've regained their 2009 form, if they aren't better.

who dey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sorry to tell you this Al, but when you get paid you sorta-kinda have to show up for work.

Anyhow, what a Monday Night game, eh? The Jets....well they're either the Dolphins are really good or the Jets are incredibly overrated.

Also, Cris Collinsworth is an idiot.

Braylon Edwards redeemed himself in a HUGE way tonight....

Rex Ryan just backed up his actions from last winter....

and Gang Green takes care of business down in South Beach -- without Darrelle Revis.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

6uXNWAo.png

and Gang Green just took care of business down in South Beach -- without Darrelle Revis.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Woo...a repeat of last year's Monday night game in Miami averted...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

and Gang Green just took care of business down in South Beach -- without Darrelle Revis.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Woo...a repeat of last year's Monday night game in Miami averted...

Exactly.

And getting back to my post-Baltimore rant... SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET SANCHEZ THROW THE :censored:ING BALL?!!!

6uXNWAo.png

Just my opinion, but playing a good football game does not make up for driving under the influence.

Nope...and dancing like he did after his TD? Come on...is he really that stupid? He was in jail Tuesday morning, now he's dancing around? Oy...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just my opinion, but playing a good football game does not make up for driving under the influence.

But, he plays for the team dude wanted to win, of course it makes up for driving under the influence. Everyone knows that. :upside:

Nope...and dancing like he did after his TD? Come on...is he really that stupid? He was in jail Tuesday morning, now he's dancing around? Oy...

I'm not saying Braylon isn't an idiot. The guy is a total moron. Always has been, always will be. But how many times does a player go out and do something stupid, then no-show the next time they take the field? That was the type of performance I was pretty much expecting tonight. Dude stepped it up. Prossibly his best game as a Jet.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not saying Braylon isn't an idiot. The guy is a total moron. Always has been, always will be. But how many times does a player go out and do something stupid, then no-show the next time they take the field? That was the type of performance I was pretty much expecting tonight. Dude stepped it up. Prossibly his best game as a Jet.

That's fair enough.

I would have benched him for the game, at least. He did something very stupid, very dangerous, and very illegal. Big Ben wasn't even convicted of a crime and he gets four games. The whole thing just feels inconsistent. I'd just like to see major sports leagues takes tougher stances on drunk driving.

That's fair enough.

I would have benched him for the game, at least. He did something very stupid, very dangerous, and very illegal. Big Ben wasn't even convicted of a crime and he gets four games. The whole thing just feels inconsistent. I'd just like to see major sports leagues takes tougher stances on drunk driving.

Yeah. I wish he was benched the entire game. Than the Dolphins might have won.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No, you said he redeemed himself, which implies that his play offsets his off-the-field behavior.

Infrared, thanks for your comment, appreciate that. Again, it was totally disappointing, but even Tony Gonzalez admitted he thought it was over for Atlanta when Hartley lined up for his kick. I'd be far more worried if this had been a 'new sheriff in town' loss for the Saints. It was anything but.

Plus, the Saints haven't really disappointed me since the Dallas game last year. They'll fix it. My main concern is that they now have to win in Atlanta.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

All a one game suspension would do is hurt the fans who want to see their team at its best, and hurt the team who obviously would be missing a key player. This isn't high school. A one-game suspension isn't going to teach anyone anything. It's professional sports, where there is a ton of money invested by the clubs and the fans, and both deserve to have the most talented players out there.

If you want to say that the suspension was to send a message to the fans that the team doesn't treat this kind of thing lightly, or that his behavior doesn't reflect what the team stands for, etc. (so basically a symbolic suspension) then OK, just don't do it because you think you're teaching him a lesson. Or just let the league decide if having him out there sends the wrong message to fans or reflects poorly on the game, and let them hand out a more meaningful punishment that might make the player think about it.

FOr the player, it's not the suspension, it's the money. Just fine them whatever the CBA allows and play the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived