2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Three Quick Replies

Haynesworth is a cancer the Skins should cut their losses send him back to Tennessee for anything.

Singletarry is in trouble, he really needs to win a few in a row or the seat is going to get awful hot in San Fran.

Trent Edwards coming to a UFL stadium near you.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I haven't heard anything about it yet, I'll ask y'all...who are his enablers the media blaming for Brett Favre's 2 interceptions yesterday?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Since I haven't heard anything about it yet, I'll ask y'all...who are his enablers the media blaming for Brett Favre's 2 interceptions yesterday?

I would think the Lions, I mean how dare Detroit interfere with St. Brett and two touchdowns getting turned around

Now Jigga, you have to remember that Brett's a gunslinger. He's like a kid out there, just having fun and playing the game the way it's meant to be played. <gag>

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Now Jigga, you have to remember that Brett's a gunslinger. He's like a kid out there, just having fun and playing the game the way it's meant to be played. <gag>

Exactly...that's why I'm trying to find out who is at fault for the picks...because I know it's not Brat Favre at all. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think Singletary's been exposed as a hypersensitive boob. The mooning, the "Can't Do It" speech, the "rat" thing, getting all pissy over some softball questions. This guy ain't exaclty setting the example for his organization. Dude was a great player, but that has nothing to do with his ability to coach. He may have had a good start to his tenue, but he took over the franchise at their rock bottom. Now, he's just proving that he cannot adequately handle the pressure of actually producing up to expectations.

He has had his moments like last year when AZ was driving and called a timeout. There he brought the defense together and screamed at them that they must make a stop, and they did, holding them to a field goal, which was the difference. If he does get fired, hopefully they can get a top flight coach to replace him.(This is San Francisco, not Buffalo, where coaches avoided like the plague)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

All a one game suspension would do is hurt the fans who want to see their team at its best, and hurt the team who obviously would be missing a key player. This isn't high school. A one-game suspension isn't going to teach anyone anything. It's professional sports, where there is a ton of money invested by the clubs and the fans, and both deserve to have the most talented players out there.

If you want to say that the suspension was to send a message to the fans that the team doesn't treat this kind of thing lightly, or that his behavior doesn't reflect what the team stands for, etc. (so basically a symbolic suspension) then OK, just don't do it because you think you're teaching him a lesson. Or just let the league decide if having him out there sends the wrong message to fans or reflects poorly on the game, and let them hand out a more meaningful punishment that might make the player think about it.

FOr the player, it's not the suspension, it's the money. Just fine them whatever the CBA allows and play the game.

Driving under the influence isn't a victim-less crime. He could have killed someone. Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for four games for hitting on college chicks at seedy bars. He was cleared of all rape charges, yet the league saw fit to uphold his suspension because he engaged in actions that reflected poorly on the league and the Steelers. Braylon Edwards actually committed a crime, one in which he could have seriously injured or killed innocent people in the process.

How you can say he deserves to play after that is beyond me. His crime alone is enough to void his right to play. As for the fans? If they're upset about it they can simply get over it. The severity of his crime trumps their desire to see him play football.

Is a one game suspension to light? Yes. Truth be told I'd like to see him suspended for a year, pay and everything. Not only do his actions reflect poorly on the Jets and the NFL, no only does the lack of any serious consequences send the wrong message to the fans, but his crime was a very serious one. There's no defending what he did, or the Jets' piss-poor attempt to "reprimand" him (one quarter?).

You either totally missed my point, or I didn't do a good enough job of explaining it.

My point is simply that sitting a guy down for a quarter, half, or game, with the intent to "send him a message", is worthless. If you want to suspend him in order to maintain your image as a "classy" organization or to show your fans that don't endorse criminal behavior, that's fine. Just don't do it under the pretense of teaching him a lesson. I doubt he was sitting there during that first quarter saying "damn, I really need to turn my life arou-" "BRAYLON!!! get out there and catch some passes".

It's not the job of the NFL or a team to enforce laws or punish people for breaking them. That's what courts are for. The NFL can however (just like any employer) suspend or fire someone (up to what the CBA will allow) that it feels is hurting their image and making them less marketable to their customers (or is a danger to other employees, which would be the case here if he's shuttling other players around while loaded.)

That's fine. Suspend him and let your fans know that they can bring their kids to the game and their kids won't end up idolizing a criminal. Just don't suspend because you're trying to teach him right from wrong.

As for the double standard, I can only assume that he will eventually get Personal Conduct Policy'd. Remeber, those other cases happened during the offseason when there was plenty of time for everyone to decide what to do. They had days in this case, and certainly want to make sure they consider everything before deciding on a suspension.

Much clearer. Thank you.

Yeah, this is a fair enough assessment.

Exactly...that's why I'm trying to find out who is at fault for the picks...because I know it's not Brat Favre at all. :P

Obviously first and foremost it has to be us haters. Our bad vibes were interfering with his child-like innocents and Love for the Game ™

Number two is the wind. Yes, they were in a dome, but it was still the wind.

Third (and I actually heard someone during one of the recap shows saying this), it's the receiving corp's fault for not being familiar enough with Brett's Gunslinger © style. Brett's "been at practice for hours" trying to get some synergy with these guys. It's obviously their fault for the lack chemistry. It's not like Brett missed training camp or some....oh right.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty freaking tired of hearing Albert Haynesworth's whining about everything Washington Redskins - related.

Somebody should be whining about everything after yesterday.

Oh, and I forgot to post this in the midst of yesterday's euphoria.

ChizuruMokyu2.jpg

Here's hoping I can trot this out more often.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It was the ball's fault. I mean, how dare that computer-chipless bastard of a ball garner a mind of its own and travel in an unintended trajectory from Master Favre's intended target? Blasphemy!

No, seriously though, I read in an article earlier today that Brat actually intends to spend the bye week--gasp at this--working on timing with his receivers. Umm...yeah, kinda late for that one.

Wholeheartedly agree. You'd almost have to think some team (Browns, Cardinals, Jaguars, Raiders) will at least bring him in to hold a clipboard. He's had some decent games in his short career thus far.

EDIT: What's up with teams giving up on their quarterbacks so quickly this year? Matt Leinart, Matt Moore, Trent Edwards, Kevin Kolb, Jason Campbell, and Vince Young have all been benched (and in Leinart and Edwards' cases, outright cut) this season?and it's only week three. I'd say Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, David Garrard and/or Alex Smith might be next to go.

The NFL is an overreactionary league. I mean hell, look at Mo-Mo down in Tampa...guy ended up firing both his coordinators last year--one of them roughly a month into the season, the other one not long after that. And he was a rookie HC himself.

Patience is NOT one of the NFL's virtues.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It was the ball's fault. I mean, how dare that computer-chipless bastard of a ball garner a mind of its own and travel in an unintended trajectory from Master Favre's intended target? Blasphemy!

No, seriously though, I read in an article earlier today that Brat actually intends to spend the bye week--gasp at this--working on timing with his receivers. Umm...yeah, kinda late for that one.

If only they had some sort of time set aside before the season started where a quarterback and receiving corps could work on things like timing so that by the time the regular season starts they would have things figured out. Alas such a time only exists in our wildest fantasies.

Packers had problems with the Yellow Flag last year too.

But there is one thing the Bears don't have that we have.... Aaron Rodgers! I love this guy.

And Rodgers takes it in himself, after the Bears stupidly allowed him to get his cramping taken care of by calling a time out.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived