Brett Favre To Return to Vikings

Punch

Breaking news on Sportscenter:

Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Brett Favre will retire for the third time. Favre has not confirmed it, yet. However, ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Favre has told many people associated with the Vikings that he will not be returning this season. :jawdrop:

Here is an article.

EDIT - Brett Favre has arrived in Minnesota. Vikings' kicker Ryan Longwell says Favre has told him that he will play this year.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre himself could confirm that he's retiring and there's STILL a chance that he comes back. We've seen this movie before.

I understand that he could come back, but you never know. This news is shocking, nonetheless. All the major news networks, including ESPN, have been assuming that Favre would be returning. And now, he apparently is not.

Eh, I haven't been watching the major networks enough to know what was their opinion on the matter, but I'll say this: The only way I'll truly believe that Favre is retiring is if on Thursday, September 9th 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Brett Favre will be in nearby Kiln, Mississippi watching it with his family...instead of on the sideline about to get walloped once again by the Saints' defense.

Eh, I haven't been watching the major networks enough to know what was their opinion on the matter, but I'll say this: The only way I'll truly believe that Favre is retiring is if on Thursday, September 9th 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Brett Favre will be in nearby Kiln, Mississippi watching it with his family...instead of on the sideline about to get walloped once again by the Saints' defense.

Exactly.

Hopefully this will forever end the Favre-fest on ESPN. I'm disappointed that an otherwise good team will now be going 8-8 under T-Jack, but losing this as an annual story will be a silver lining.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hopefully this will forever end the Favre-fest on ESPN. I'm disappointed that an otherwise good team will now be going 8-8 under T-Jack, but losing this as an annual story will be a silver lining.

Don't get too excited. You never know if he'll come back or not. If he does, the Favre-fest will continue for awhile. But, of course, if he stays retired, we will finally get some rest from the ongoing Favre saga.

I just don't see Favre letting the absolute ass kicking he recieved from the Saints be his last game.

Farve's not getting any younger. The longer he drags his sorry a$$ out there, the greater the chances are that his last game will be a monumental disappointment. As of now he's going out with a loss to the eventual Super Bowl Champs in OT in the NFC title game. That's as good as it's going to get for St. Brett from this point on. If he's smart he'll take it and leave, taking all the drama he brings to the table with him.

Wow, so he d1cked over

1. Brad Childress and all of the Vikings fans because they certainly would have made a move for Donovan McNabb had they known,

2. The Eagles, who would probably have gotten more out of the Vikings than they did from Washington (or at least would have had more of a bidding war going on),

3. Donovan McNabb, who is in freaking Washington with a crap team and a crap organization.

Don't expect McNabb to go looking for an extension with Washington now, since he'll likely be the Vikings QB in '11 as a FA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, so he d1cked over

1. Brad Childress and all of the Vikings fans because they certainly would have made a move for Donovan McNabb had they known,

2. The Eagles, who would probably have gotten more out of the Vikings than they did from Washington (or at least would have had more of a bidding war going on),

3. Donovan McNabb, who is in freaking Washington with a crap team and a crap organization.

Don't expect McNabb to go looking for an extension with Washington now, since he'll likely be the Vikings QB in '11 as a FA.

And THAT is the power of St. Brett.

Wow, so he d1cked over

Woo!

Article from the future on ESPN.com

Dallas--Following the injury to Tony Romo in week three of the preseason, the Cowboys made a call to Kilm, Mississippi seeing if they can get Brett Favre to make another comeback. In signing with the Cowboys a tearful Brett Favre talked about his childhood in Mississippi when he watched Roger Staubach and Danny White and how wearing the star on his helmet is a dream come true. Then Favre broke down again as he remembered his father and how much his father reminded of Tom Landry and seeing Landry's picture reminded him of his father and his father;s tragic death and how he had a great game after his father died and that walked on water during the funeral procession from the tears of Favres previous retirement and unretirementment press conferences. Viking fans are crying foul burning his jerseys in a public display of anger as the Vikings team store is selling #4 Et Tu Brutas jerseys. Meanwhile in Green Bay Packer fans plan a public laughfest at Vikings fans as they say we told you so as Jets fans say Brett who as they still have their head in the clouds. Brett Favre says this is his last team and its the team he always dreamed of and only Daniel Snyder's money next year wuill get him to unretire in 2011.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Article from the future on ESPN.com

Dallas--Following the injury to Tony Romo in week three of the preseason, the Cowboys made a call to Kilm, Mississippi seeing if they can get Brett Favre to make another comeback. In signing with the Cowboys a tearful Brett Favre talked about his childhood in Mississippi when he watched Roger Staubach and Danny White and how wearing the star on his helmet is a dream come true. Then Favre broke down again as he remembered his father and how much his father reminded of Tom Landry and seeing Landry's picture reminded him of his father and his father;s tragic death and how he had a great game after his father died and that walked on water during the funeral procession from the tears of Favres previous retirement and unretirementment press conferences. Viking fans are crying foul burning his jerseys in a public display of anger as the Vikings team store is selling #4 Et Tu Brutas jerseys. Meanwhile in Green Bay Packer fans plan a public laughfest at Vikings fans as they say we told you so as Jets fans say Brett who as they still have their head in the clouds. Brett Favre says this is his last team and its the team he always dreamed of and only Daniel Snyder's money next year wuill get him to unretire in 2011.

What makes you think he would be telling the truth this time? He's lied countless times before.

Archived