Favorite Basketball Uniforms

Lights Out

Here's a correspondant at The Bleach Report's take on the matter

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/59633-top-10-nba-jerseys-of-all-time

Did you read the bio on the "correspondent"? Bleacher Report is open-source so anyone can call themselves anything and be poor writers. He will never in at any "correspondent" level like Christiane Amanpour.

As for uniforms, both are from college.

aguirre1.jpg

Since it, like Marquette around the same time, was to be worn with the jersey untucked.

armstrong-bj-1-i10.jpg

This Iowa uniform was designed to appear untucked.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charles-barkley.jpg

Michael-Jordan.jpg

612058-glen_rice_large.jpg

todd.jpg

080418_Kemp-draft.widec.jpg

1985-Dominique-Wilkins_170155.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

OK, I've been lurking here for months and It's time I said something, it's incredible you old guys can give jerseys like the Celtics, Bulls and Lakers props when they look like High School uniforms, they're old and low tech, they didn't even have decent computers back then, we were essentially in the stone age as far as design is concerened. There's a reason eweryone wore jerseys in the 90s; they looked good. There's a reson no one does today; they don't. The 90s were the golden age for NBA jerseys, they were interesting, they were bold, they were good looking.

There's so many sqaure guys out there that just want the same boring stuff over aqnd over and over again.

20081004175047%21Steve_Smith_hawks_jersey.jpg

hawks_dikembe_mutombo_157.jpg

An eBay link to prove people DO want this jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Authentic-Dikembe-Mutombo-Atlanta-Hawks-Jersey-48-/260650138545?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop

Michael%20Jordan%20Wallpaper%20(1).jpg

vince1.jpg

The native american trim on these jerseys is FIRE. I REALLY want an authentic jersey and pair of shorts.

BDD26A62884BA3D04B9CB545EA141B.jpg

VAN99022704.jpg

20090909-john-stockton.jpg

Home or away.

barkley-pippen.jpg

Any of the three from this suns set.

23.jpg

Looked really good with the 50th anniversary logo.

nba_g_kemp_payton_576.jpg

No, dude that old school Raptors ones are awesome. I like the 90s uniforms because they were unique, that being said, I was one of the few people who liked the PHX Coyotes third green jersey.

Let me guess, you were born in the 90's?

Because that would be the only logical explanation for you liking a uniform that makes literally EVERY magazine/website/blog's list of "Worst NBA Uniforms of All-Time" ... I mean that Raptors uni is basically universally ridiculed.. I don't understand how you can sit here with a straight face a claim you like it unless you're a 90's kid and you wax nostalgic over its ugliness.

You know what? You're 122 posts in, and you're already a completely condescending jackass.

Kill the attitude, sport. And quit posting that :censored:ing Clippers jersey in every thread.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

you old guys can give jerseys like the Celtics, Bulls and Lakers props when they look like High School uniforms, they're old and low tech, they didn't even have decent computers back then,

emot-wtc.gif

Welcome to DrunjFlix

^Well when will we get another interesting design?

Edit: @ the admiral.

I dunno. Seems like the NFL is churning out strange modern uniforms every year. Buffaslug was interesting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, I've been lurking here for months and It's time I said something, it's incredible you old guys can give jerseys like the Celtics, Bulls and Lakers props when they look like High School uniforms, they're old and low tech, they didn't even have decent computers back then, we were essentially in the stone age as far as design is concerened. There's a reason eweryone wore jerseys in the 90s; they looked good. There's a reson no one does today; they don't. The 90s were the golden age for NBA jerseys, they were interesting, they were bold, they were good looking.

There's so many sqaure guys out there that just want the same boring stuff over aqnd over and over again.

You are not a lurker when you join today and now give us your Hot Sports/Sportlogo Opinion. If you joined six months ago but failed to remark, I would call you a lurker, but you have no designation now except for new member.

Some of the jerseys you posted are quiet good especially the Hawks and suns one but who said jerseys have to be high tech? Im 20 and celtics, lakers and bulls imo have one of the best jerseys out there. They are simple I'll give you that but they are the best simple jerseys one could make + they have history which makes them even more special to look at.

Lack of crazy designs =/= high school jerseys

Btw people wearing jerseys in the 90's had more to do with hip hop's rising popularity than with new designs.

122opcw.jpg

you old guys can give jerseys like the Celtics, Bulls and Lakers props when they look like High School uniforms, they're old and low tech, they didn't even have decent computers back then,

emot-wtc.gif

They didn't, you can't design decent graphics without a computer, you just place plain letters that read "eltics" or "Bulls" and then people will like them because the teams are winners.

Raptors red? Really? that's as standard as they come, they tossed a great color scheme out the window to become another red/black team.

^Well when will we get another interesting design?

Edit: @ the admiral.

I dunno. Seems like the NFL is churning out strange modern uniforms every year. Buffaslug was interesting.

Buffaslug?

You are not a lurker when you join today and now give us your Hot Sports/Sportlogo Opinion. If you joined six months ago but failed to remark, I would call you a lurker, but you have no designation now except for new member.

I've been reading for 6 months, whether I was registered and not posting or I wasn't registered either way I wasn't posting and was reading, same thing.

Some of the jerseys you posted are quiet good especially the Hawks and suns one but who said jerseys have to be high tech? Im 20 and celtics, lakers and bulls imo have one of the best jerseys out there. They are simple I'll give you that but they are the best simple jerseys one could make + they have history which makes them even more special to look at.

Lack of crazy designs =/= high school jerseys

Btw people wearing jerseys in the 90's had more to do with hip hop's rising popularity than with new designs.

Hip-Hop would have never adopted jerseys as a staple if they were still boring like the 80s styles.

You only like the Celtics Lakers and Bulls because they're legacy franchises, just like everyone just happens to love having the yankees logo on their head. History makes something better looking?

emot-wtc.gif

They didn't, you can't design decent graphics without a computer, you just place plain letters that read "eltics" or "Bulls" and then people will like them because the teams are winners.

Are you by any chance familiar with the pencil?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Getting back on topic...

These jerseys may not be the most aesthetically pleasing, but they're my personal favourites for a number of reasons:

mb2kx2iiuqjsitmw2fw11uqtp.gif

ser6g4tgtskue21y6567cxin0.gif

c3f89gehrb2jkm7lxwiooq0k5.gif

pmbri9st15lhxh1f5khz0tjzh.gif

g0fboxq6023q50pgpqzo7urqo.gif

uj1f1iilfq9mp9ruqa6hb2nmo.gif

dag7053nolg9ahtbu1y3gh3bj.gif

bqi3lv7lcv8zgnihq5ywkklc9.gif

mn-kscl80r32.jpg

(not shown: the awesome shorts with the nautical flags spelling "Clippers"

Archived