Jay Mariotti: Around the Horn at the Jailhouse

Mac the Knife

Looks like Panhead is right. There is a God after all.

I assure you that I had nothing to do with this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm going to try to avoid joining the worldwide schadenfreude party, but I think we should all see what Jay Mariotti thinks about athletes that beat people up.

Archive: Jay Mariotti Decrying Domestic Violence

Of particular significance is the last item in that archive, written just one week before Mariotti's visit to the pokey for felony domestic assault, in which he bloviates that Bud Selig isn't tough enough on players who committ violent acts.

I wonder if, in the coming weeks, Jay Mariotti will think AOL and ESPN are tough enough.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So am I the only person in this thread who wouldn't recognize Jay Mariotti if he sat down next to him and started domestically assaulting him?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So am I the only person in this thread who wouldn't recognize Jay Mariotti if he sat down next to him and started domestically assaulting him?

Yeah, probably. Congrats...you're cooler than everyone else here.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Add me to the list. I'm cool like that too.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I wish I didn't know who he is. Will that get me a seat at the cool guys table?

BB52Big.jpg

I wish I didn't know who he is. Will that get me a seat at the cool guys table?

Only if you also give me your Butterscotch Krimpets.

tastykakebutterscotch.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 weeks later...
Los Angeles city prosecutors have charged AOL Fanhouse sports columnist Jay Mariotti, a regular panelist on ESPN's Around The Horn, with seven misdemeanors in connection with a domestic disturbance last month involving his girlfriend, officials said Monday.

Charges include two counts of domestic violence with injury, two counts of domestic violence, one count of grand theft, one count of false imprisonment and one count of vandalism.

Mariotti is to be arraigned Friday at the downtown Los Angeles criminal courts building.

Mariotti originally was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic assault. He was released from jail on $50,000 bail. But the Los Angeles County district attorney's office said there was not enough evidence to charge him with a felony.

In the past, he wrote a sports column for the Denver Post and the Chicago Sun-Times.

Archived