Vote For The Best Male Athelete

Joshawaggie

And yet, NFL >>>>> NBA, so... I voted Moss.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

What is Kevin Weekes doing on the list??????? He's not even an all-star in his own sport. This is far biased, there are far more baseball and Basketball players on the list over alot of good hockey players. And Hockey is far more athletic than Basketball or Baseball. And out of the few hokcey players on the list they put, one doesn't deserve to be (Kevin Weekes again). This shows how much ESPN hates Hockey. THe NHL needs to find a new broadcasting partner.

I hate to say this you guys...but god damn... is ANYBODY not offended that Martin Brodeur (the most consistent goalie every night), Roberto Luongo (who stops fifty 80-mph pucks every night), and Martin St. Louis (the smallest player tearing up the biggest league every night) aren't even on the god damn list and Kevin Weekes is!?!?!?!??!?!?! What the fluff is that? And the Rodeo guy? I don't even know who that guy is, let alone care...put any of these guys on skates and see how well they play their sport. Hockey players have to learn an entirely new method of transportation just to BEGIN playing their sport...

Fluff ESPN!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I hate to say this you guys...but god damn... is ANYBODY not offended that Martin Brodeur (the most consistent goalie every night), Roberto Luongo (who stops fifty 80-mph pucks every night), and Martin St. Louis (the smallest player tearing up the biggest league every night) aren't even on the god damn list and Kevin Weekes is!?!?!?!??!?!?! What the fluff is that? And the Rodeo guy? I don't even know who that guy is, let alone care...put any of these guys on skates and see how well they play their sport. Hockey players have to learn an entirely new method of transportation just to BEGIN playing their sport...

Fluff ESPN!

Agree totally!!! Kevin Weekes?????? :huh:

EDIT: here is what ESPN said about Weekes:

On the list because his agility and acrobatic style between the pipes, moves he perfected as a baller, are redefining the goalie position.

Redifining the goalie position?? here are the stats Weekes was ranked 20th in GAA, and 24th in SV%. Why is this guy on the list.

that entire list is junk. and the fact that weekes is one of the reps for the nhl is sad.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Fluff ESPN!

Wow, mild mannered Shmee has a temper, huh? Nice to see it, Shmee.. i'm glad.

This is absolutely a horrible list. I dont think this represents the true make up of athletes at all. There are MANY world-leading athletes not on the list. I'm not sure I buy your arguement that hockey is the baddest of them all, since they work hard for a minute, and then go sit down again, but I agree Weeks is a terrible rep for hockey.

Beware the Shmee.. nice and soft to pet, but has a hell of a bite! :P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

What is Kevin Weekes doing on the list??????? He's not even an all-star in his own sport. This is far biased, there are far more baseball and Basketball players on the list over alot of good hockey players. And Hockey is far more athletic than Basketball or Baseball. And out of the few hokcey players on the list they put, one doesn't deserve to be (Kevin Weekes again). This shows how much ESPN hates Hockey. THe NHL needs to find a new broadcasting partner.

I don't really agree that hockey is more athletic than basketball, and I'm saying that as a hockey and football player, as well as a participant in basketball. After all, it is only 60 second long shifts. I'll just leave it at that. I do see where you're coming from though... but i can't help but look at all the hockey games i haven't been tired after and I can't even make it through 2 games of hard played, rec center, pick up basketball without feeling like passing out. And I make my way up court on a half-ass jog cuz' i play downlow.

Gimme Michael Vick. He turns a god awful team into a contender.

IUe6Hvh.png

Damn, where are the croquet players?

They are so athletic, this list is just to determine who is second best, behind croquet players.

Wait! I forgot the darts people.

Well, considering that they have nascar drivers on the list croquet and dart players should be on the list too. Are nascar divers that athletic, they push the gas pedal and turn left. Millions of people do that every single day.

Forgive me, I'm a hockey player and die-hard fan, so I'm a little biased. And yes, I'm usually very nice and only slightly annoying. But when something pisses me off, jeebus does it piss me off. Beware the Shmee...he bites. :hockeysmiley:

sticksstones4.png

Hockey is much more athletic than basketball. I for one would like to see Shaq on skates. If you play hockey and your not the least bit tired after a minute-minute and a half shift, then you not playing hard.

SHAQ ON ICE SKATES!?!?! :shocked::shocked::woot:

I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. It'd be like seeing Arnold Palmer get in the head with a 96 MPH Pedro Martinez fastball... only scarier!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Hockey is much more athletic than basketball. I for one would like to see Shaq on skates. If you play hockey and your not the least bit tired after a minute-minute and a half shift, then you not playing hard.

Hockey and basketball are equals IMO in terms of athleticism. Hockey players play half the minutes, but take more physical punishment.

Soccer players run a lot too, but their reputation is ruined by the diving.

Football players play very few minutes comparatively, but are going hard on every play.

Baseball players by and large don't need to be great athletes (doesn't mean a lot of them are), but they're like Tiger Woods... sure they may be great athletes, but I haven't seen them going hard constantly for forty minutes or even twenty, so until I see that, you're fired.

Auto Racers are included in that baseball thing, although they exibit even less athleticism.

Track and field stars (unless they're in the head to head shot put) don't take any physical punishment whatsoever, so that's their downfall.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Track and field stars (unless they're in the head to head shot put) don't take any physical punishment whatsoever, so that's their downfall.

You show me a guy who participates in the javelin catch and he'll have my vote for bets athlete...or at least bravest son of a fluffer.

Hmm...I'd say a marathon champion would be an exceptional based on dedication and fitness alone. Imagine running 26 miles in the time it takes to watch a hockey game? Yikes!

sticksstones4.png

What gets me is that they have Jeff Gordon in there. I'm sorry but no way do I consider NASCAR drivers as athletes.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived