2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks tell us about how they've found their identity, then blow a horrendous 6-2 game against Phoenix. :rolleyes:

That was fun to be at <_< .

Me and the 12 Coyotes fans had fun at the ParkingLot.com Arena.

Something really sad, instead of just a normal "Get Loud" or "Scream" on the jumbotron, they put up "Scream if you're a Coyotes fan." And I will debate any rise in the decibel levels.

But I must say, it was convenient to have the Johnny Rockets next door for dinner :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Ducks tell us about how they've found their identity, then blow a horrendous 6-2 game against Phoenix. :rolleyes:

Something really sad, instead of just a normal "Get Loud" or "Scream" on the jumbotron, they put up "Scream if you're a Coyotes fan." And I will debate any rise in the decibel levels.

But I must say, it was convenient to have the Johnny Rockets next door for dinner :lol:

The time I went there for a Sharks vs Coyotes game, the Yotes won 8-0. Roenick got a hat trick. Do you get a free Taco Bell Chalupa because they got 4 goals?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The time I went there for a Sharks vs Coyotes game, the Yotes won 8-0. Roenick got a hat trick. Do you get a free Taco Bell Chalupa because they got 4 goals?

No, they didn't do that.

I think they mentioned something at 5 goals, but I stopped paying attention to the surrounding noises at one point.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Blue Jackets took 3 out of 4 points from Detroit. That's pretty good right?

For real though, it was nice to see some fight from the CBJ. They got up 2-0 for the 3rd straight game, squandered that lead by the end of the first period. They scored the go-ahead on a Matt Calvert breakaway, but squandered that lead within the next minute. They then gave up a fourth goal shortly after. The Jackets tied it at 4 on a power play early in the third. Then Mason gave up a fifth goal due mostly to bad positioning with about 8 minutes left. So at that point you go into Jackets fan mode where you expect to lose in regulation, but with the goalie pulled Rick Nash fed a puck through like 7 guys and into the upper left corner. It was cool.

OT was not cool. The Blue Jackets' breakout sucks and above that they can never seem to chip the puck out at the right time. I don't know how many goals have come off of a second forecheck from the opposition from a failed clearing attempt. Also if I have to hear Jeff Rimer say "Jackets get it high, but not out" one more time I'm gonna break something.

They couldn't clear the puck and Franzen capitalized with the game winner. Lame, but they looked like a decent NHL team and not like the bunch of idiots that's been posing as a hockey team for the last 5 weeks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So, according to this article at ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/3592/weekend-wrap-teams-going-overseas-cloustons-future-sharks-coaching

The Oilers, Caps, Sabres, and even the Rangers, Kings and Ducks who have already done so, have been asked to open in Europe next season.

Please please please let that be true.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

No. I dont want my team going over to Stockholm, or Moscow for that matter.

I don't think it matters, to tell you the truth. In the NFL I can see the argument; one game can mean life and death when it comes to the playoffs. In the NHL though? One game is much less significant.

Granted the NHL's European experiment is ill-guided, but in terms of "giving up games" it's not that bad.

No. I dont want my team going over to Stockholm, or Moscow for that matter.

I don't think it matters, to tell you the truth. In the NFL I can see the argument; one game can mean life and death when it comes to the playoffs. In the NHL though? One game is much less significant.

Granted the NHL's European experiment is ill-guided, but in terms of "giving up games" it's not that bad.

Plus, they give teams like 5 days off to recoup now. When they first started doing it the teams had like two days off and it was a nightmare. Every team that went overseas came back with slow starts to the season. I actually think playing in Sweden helped the Blue Jackets get off to their fast start. In addition to that, the Jackets first game was on at 3 pm. I felt like a west coast sports fan watching those two games.

I'd gladly take the Jackets going back to europe to start next year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Tell that to the arena employees and season-ticket holders, and indirectly....business owners near an arena....that won't get compensated for losing a home game.

Tell that to the arena employees and season-ticket holders, and indirectly....business owners near an arena....that won't get compensated for losing a home game.

That's the inherent problem for any "regular season abroad" program, honestly. It's a given regardless of the sport. The entire exercise is silly, if you want my honest opinion. And yes, that includes the Bills playing to a half empty Rogers Centre once a season.

If it's going to happen, however, it's not as bad for a league with a 41 home game schedule then one with an 8 home game schedule.

Glad to see that the All-Star rosters will include players from almost every team, but there must be some star-worthy players on the left-out teams...

Glad to see that the All-Star rosters will include players from almost every team, but there must be some star-worthy players on the left-out teams...

The fact that some teams aren't being represented at all bugs me.

Isn't this supposed to be the event where we see the biggest stars from every team? What the hell, NHL?

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Isn't this supposed to be the event where we see the biggest stars from every team? What the hell, NHL?

All teams are being represented. Some are being represented by the 12 rookies selected to the All Star game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Honestly the only way it would matter for me is that I wouldnt be able to watch the game if its in Europe during the week. As long as they dont play a European club team during the preseason. SKA St. Petersburg did everything they could to end Eric Staals season when Carolina was over there. I dont want my team taking the same risk against a team with nothing to lose.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

A lot of players ask to be taken out of consideration so they can rest injuries.

Also I'd rather see the best players in general. Not have to see courtesy picks from crappy teams.

Hi, how are you?

This Dallas Stars team just may be pretty good after all. A tough-fought 2-1 win against LA tonight. Kari Lehtonen playing well, stopping a penalty shot in the final 2 minutes. Gotta hand it to Joe Nieuwendyk, bringing Jamie Langenbrunner back. I'll say this. Before the season, no one here in DFW would have predicted that the Stars would be outplaying the Mavericks in mid-January.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Archived