2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Logan Couture must go bowling with Buster Posey.

We can only hope that "Wolverine" can do for the Sharks what Posey did for the Giants

Also would help if Jumbo dyes his beard with shoe polish and Douglas Murray parades around the locker room in a thong.

Oh, and if we can somehow get Niemi some of Timmy's stash.

Nabokov rumor is that there's a side deal in place for the Devils to claim him and send him back to Detroit. No one seems sure of the legality of that right now. We'll see on Saturday. If there's no crazy deal in place, my bet is on the Hurricanes claiming him.

570k and a no move clause in the contract, apart of that contract is that the one time he is on waivers to come back, he can not be put back on waivers and with all players that leave another league from europe to the NHL, he can not be put in the AHL either way (same for Wellwood or Svatos).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Devils are 4-0-1 in their last five, claiming 9 out of a possible 10 points.

Never thought i'd say that this season...

Yeah I'm a Pens fan (run a pens page on fb with 235,000+ fans) and had to endure some idiots on that fb page that kept saying it'd be an easy 2pts against the Devils. I was like yeah, this month the Debs aren't the same team as the ones we beat earlier and we have no Crosby or Malkin in the line-up, that's the kind of talent that no team can survive without and somehow we lost 2-0. I can't be mad at that, especially with a Debs team that has Lemaire back and the team playing solid hockey.

I think I was more pissed off with Bylsma screwing about with Letestu & Jeffrey, god damn he's a moron when it comes to our line-up. Jeffrey looks good with Kunitz so what do you do? Put him on the 4th line...jeez. It's the same sort of bs he did with Tangradi early in the season.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Nabokov rumor is that there's a side deal in place for the Devils to claim him and send him back to Detroit. No one seems sure of the legality of that right now. We'll see on Saturday. If there's no crazy deal in place, my bet is on the Hurricanes claiming him.

570k and a no move clause in the contract, apart of that contract is that the one time he is on waivers to come back, he can not be put back on waivers and with all players that leave another league from europe to the NHL, he can not be put in the AHL either way (same for Wellwood or Svatos).

No move clause that he could waive to go back to the team he originally signed with. If the rumored Detroit/New Jersey deal is already in place, you think Nabokov wouldn't know about it?

Only reason I give any thought to that idea is that Ken Holland doesn't do anything he doesn't think will work. No one thinks Nabokov will clear waivers. There's gotta be something the Wings are trying to do other than "eh, it was worth a shot."

Sharks get shootout win in Vancouver

Eat it <----really, this is directed at only one certain transplanted Winnipeger who has apparently adopted the Canucks. He knows who he is.

You remembered!

Two G's in Winnipegger, btw.

ps.

November 26, 2010: Vancouver 6, Sharks 1.

January 3, 2010: Vancouver 4, Sharks 3.

Eat it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Atlanta Spirit group (owners of the Thrashers) will be making their long-awaited return to the courtroom.

Found this to be interesting:

The seven owners wanted to sell the Thrashers after the 2004-05 lockout was over, the new lawsuit says. According to the document, the labor contract after the 2004-05 lockout would be to the "financial benefit of smaller market franchise such as the Thrashers and thus increase their value. Plaintiffs expected that once the new labor agreement was finalized there would be substantial interest from potential buyers and that they would be able to sell the franchise."

Sooooo, they've been telling the public for years that they wanted to keep the team & were focused on making the team successful. Too bad they probably didn't mean it. What a hot mess of an ownership group.

Atlanta Spirit group (owners of the Thrashers) will be making their long-awaited return to the courtroom.

Found this to be interesting:

The seven owners wanted to sell the Thrashers after the 2004-05 lockout was over, the new lawsuit says. According to the document, the labor contract after the 2004-05 lockout would be to the "financial benefit of smaller market franchise such as the Thrashers and thus increase their value. Plaintiffs expected that once the new labor agreement was finalized there would be substantial interest from potential buyers and that they would be able to sell the franchise."

Sooooo, they've been telling the public for years that they wanted to keep the team & were focused on making the team successful. Too bad they probably didn't mean it. What a hot mess of an ownership group.

MAKE IT SEVEN! :flagcanada:

Avs lose Fleischmann for remainder of the season.

Sherman said trainer Matt Sokolowski sent Fleischmann to Mellman, who made the diagnosis. Sherman said the problem isn't career-threatening. However, Fleischmann also missed the first 11 games of the 2009-10 season with the Capitals because of a blood clot in his leg.

"It's obviously a serious condition, but it's fortunate for Tomas that Dr. Mellman discovered it," Sherman said. "All indications from our doctors are that he can live a quote, normal life, unquote, and it's something that can be treated through medication."

Best of luck with the recovery, Flash!

..And? He's the Brett Favre of the NHL.

I don't think so.

Forsberg has never "come back" when he wasn't healthy or kept playing while holding other players back.

Uh, obviously you forget about 2007-2008 when he signed with Colorado and wasn't healthy. He is Brett Favre. He just needs the spotlight on him.

Archived