2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

After watching 24/7 and the All Star game with the linesman telling Kesler they had $20 on the first offsides call, I'm of the mind that they need to mic up the officials at all times more than the players. I guess being the most hated guy in the arena lends itself to having a good sense of humor.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the All Star Game you cant blame any goalie for struggling since the only check is in the mail.

It just wouldn't be the NHL All-Star Game without Tnak using this long-beaten-to-death line.

Get new material, Francis.

Its a tradition

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The one day Versus actually shows a Western Conference game it doesn't air until half of the first period of over because the east lamewads decide to go to a shootout.

And maybe one day, they'll send their own broadcast crew out there. It's a concept.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The one day Versus actually shows a Western Conference game it doesn't air until half of the first period of over because the east lamewads decide to go to a shootout.

And maybe one day, they'll send their own broadcast crew out there. It's a concept.

Actually, I don't mind hearing other broadcasts as it allows me to hear what other fans hear and get a perspective on who's a good and bad announce team. It also gives me a feel of what the hometown fans are hearing and thinking. Throw on top of that, I like to see and hear the league through a perspective other than the Kings' Bob Miller and Jim Fox. I watch NHL network and a lot of times they just use the hometown broadcast. I love it. The only thing I do hate, is the joke that is Jack Edwards. I have to say that Jack Edwards leap frogs hand and foot over Brian Heyward. At least Heyward is professional in his homerism. Jack Edwards is a complete donkey's behind and completely unprofessional.

Actually, I don't mind hearing other broadcasts as it allows me to hear what other fans hear and get a perspective on who's a good and bad announce team. It also gives me a feel of what the hometown fans are hearing and thinking. Throw on top of that, I like to see and hear the league through a perspective other than the Kings' Bob Miller and Jim Fox. I watch NHL network and a lot of times they just use the hometown broadcast. I love it. The only thing I do hate, is the joke that is Jack Edwards. I have to say that Jack Edwards leap frogs hand and foot over Brian Heyward. At least Heyward is professional in his homerism. Jack Edwards is a complete donkey's behind and completely unprofessional.

I also like hearing the other broadcasts. One of the many reasons I love Center Ice.

I just think that it's stupid of Versus to simulcast the local broadcast. And it's always CSN Philly, CSN Washington, or CSN Bay Area because of the Comcast ownership. I understand it, but it's just lazy. I understand that they are all under the Comcast umbrella, but it's a "national" broadcast, and I'd just like it to be treated as such. Heck, for some of the East games they would normally show, they just use the CSN broadcast of Caps and Flyers games. It's just lazy.

And plus, like it was last night with CSN Bay Area, Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda bug me.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

For reasons that may not be completely understood, DiPietro tries to fight Brent Johnson, 1 punch later, Ricky leaves the rink with an ice pack on his jaw, I cant stop laughing.

Guess we know who wears the pants in the DiPietro family.

For reasons that may not be completely understood, DiPietro tries to fight Brent Johnson, 1 punch later, Ricky leaves the rink with an ice pack on his jaw, I cant stop laughing.

DiPietro had some "incidental" contact with Cooke as he came by the net, and then the rest of the Islanders that were on the ice jumped on him, so Brent, seeing that they were up by 3 with like 16 seconds left took exception to it and skated to center and challenged DiPietro.

So glad I didn't end up giving up my tickets last night.

oBIgzrL.png

Guess we know who wears the pants in the DiPietro family.

And good to see that DiPietro fights as well as he stays healthy.

What was in the water in Ottawa tonight? I swear the All-Star Game had more defense and goalkeeping.

It had slightly less Franzen, however.

Glad the crowd booed Lehner getting pulled after letting in three goals that were not his fault. It's a double edge sword when it comes to rookies. Bring them up to learn the pro level, but don't let them get fall into positions that will get them shell shocked.

Finally Senators fans have some pride in their team and are starting to wash away the false bandwagon stigma labelled on us during this horrible season.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

James Reimer gets his first NHL shutout tonight, as well as the Leafs first shutout of the season.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived