NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

njmeadowlanders

I figured I'd start the thread for Week 2 because I'm out soon to head to the Meadowlands:

I expect the Jets to be in white again today vs. New England. They've done it the past couple of seasons vs. New England only (barring a White Titans game forcing Miami to go Aqua on the road) and my guess would be that it continues today. Of course that's just based on the past couple years of evidence.

I also see the Jets have started more and more using a new alternate logo, which is just their primary logos oval with just the word JETS in it, that fills the entire logo and doesn't have the NY or the football included in it. Also, the J in Jets is the same size as the ETS unlike in the primary. If I can track it down I'll get it up here...very plain and bland though, like their entire logo package.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the oval with the NY in it, just with Jets instead. I really like the NY version of it - yes, it's plain, but a team from NY doesn't really need to rely on mascot-related imagery to build a solid identity. Advertise the fact that you're in New York - not that you're nickname is airplanes. IMO, the oval NY should be on the helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Woohoo! But vs. the Dolphins? Lame. It's a whole lot cooler when it's vs. the Packers or da Bears.

I really do like the throwbacks, but the mismatched purples kill it. The best set is still the ones from the Culpepper/Moss era.

The Vikes did play Miami in Super Bowl VIII, so that could be why.

The Panthers will wear white today, so the Bucs will be in red. I wonder which pants Tampa will wear.

Pewter, if they have any sense.

/that's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Woohoo! But vs. the Dolphins? Lame. It's a whole lot cooler when it's vs. the Packers or da Bears.

I really do like the throwbacks, but the mismatched purples kill it. The best set is still the ones from the Culpepper/Moss era.

The Vikes did play Miami in Super Bowl VIII, so that could be why.

But the uniforms Minnesota wore when they played against Miami in the Super Bowl was a different jersey. Not the throwbacks they will be using.

I figured I'd start the thread for Week 2 because I'm out soon to head to the Meadowlands:

I expect the Jets to be in white again today vs. New England. They've done it the past couple of seasons vs. New England only (barring a White Titans game forcing Miami to go Aqua on the road) and my guess would be that it continues today. Of course that's just based on the past couple years of evidence.

I also see the Jets have started more and more using a new alternate logo, which is just their primary logos oval with just the word JETS in it, that fills the entire logo and doesn't have the NY or the football included in it. Also, the J in Jets is the same size as the ETS unlike in the primary. If I can track it down I'll get it up here...very plain and bland though, like their entire logo package.

The Patriots offense practiced in white all week. They usually practice in the color they will be wearing during the upcoming game. So expect the Jets in green.

Ehh...apparently Mo-Mo does not like pewter. My Bucs in red over white today.

4851074.jpg

As much as I used to like this as a change-of-pace look four or five years ago, I could probably go the next four or five without seeing my Buccaneers in white pants.

Except for when they don the throwback creamsicles, of course.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived