NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins in gold pants again.

Also, I cant remember the last time so many teams were wearing white at home. I know its always common early in the year, but ive almost forgotten that uniform protocol in the nfl usually calls for a color jersey for home games.

...the ironic part is that the Redskins are rocking burgundy.

Not a uniform note, but I just saw a photo on the Seahawks facebook page, and I love the diamond design at Mile High today!

Hastily grabbed from an NFL.com highlights video. Love the design!

broncos_diamonds.jpg

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Redskins in gold pants again.

Also, I cant remember the last time so many teams were wearing white at home. I know its always common early in the year, but ive almost forgotten that uniform protocol in the nfl usually calls for a color jersey for home games.

...the ironic part is that the Redskins are rocking burgundy.

and also always very annoying to me <_<

glossysig5.png

Best looking games this week:

Giants - Colts (In the running for the best looking game this season.)

Chiefs - Browns

Patriots - Jets

Bears - Cowboys (Imagine how great this game would look if Dallas fixed all their problems.)

Honorable mention:

Dolphins - Vikings. (Minnesota looked great, mismatched purple and all. Miami loses points for those pants.)

Worst looking games this week:

Cardinals - Falcons (The perfect storm of ugly-ass uniforms.)

Ravens - Bengals

Jaguars - Chargers (Those San Diego uniforms look more ridiculous every time I see them.)

Honorable mention: Buffalo if for no other reason than to say yet again that those uniforms are beyond pathetic.

Other observations: The Redskins gold pants look is quickly becoming one of my favorite uniforms in all of football. Why do the Texans ruin such a great helmet with such boring jerseys and pants?

Just my opinion...

BB52Big.jpg

The throwbacks the Vikes are wearing today are miles ahead of their normal duds. Love them!

Wrongo.

They suck.

-Mismatched colors (always a PLUS!)

-Stupid-ass sleeve stripes, that don't work with today's uniform cut

-Soft looking pant stripes (which have nothing to do with any other part of the uniform)

-Grey facemask

-Cheap looking one color number and name font

All they would need to top it off, would be some 1970's-ish colored socks and white shoes, and they would really go all the way.

So we hate the Cowboys uniforms because they can't match silver, but we love the Vikings throwback and embrace the mismatched purples. Why do I get the feeling that if the Cowboys came out with a new design, some of you would be posting about how they need to go back to the old one and that the mismatched silvers were "classic" and charming?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere. But, is it just me, or are the stripes on the Giants away pants much thicker this year?

I thought the same thing.

Maybe a bit but not much. If anything, the gray stripes look thinner and the other ones unchanged.

Sports+Pictures+Week+2008+February+4+FRWkVlYgeMpl.jpg09000d5d81aaeee1_gallery_600.jpg

Edit: On further review, there were clearly different stripe patterns on the field. What are these, RBK pants?

09000d5d81aaef0c_gallery_600.jpg09000d5d81aac74a_gallery_600.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The throwbacks the Vikes are wearing today are miles ahead of their normal duds. Love them!

Wrongo.

They suck.

-Mismatched colors (always a PLUS!)

-Stupid-ass sleeve stripes, that don't work with today's uniform cut

-Soft looking pant stripes (which have nothing to do with any other part of the uniform)

-Grey facemask

-Cheap looking one color number and name font

All they would need to top it off, would be some 1970's-ish colored socks and white shoes, and they would really go all the way.

As much as I dislike certain elements of the Vikings current silly-mod uniform, I would agree with pretty much all of these complaints about the throwbacks (at least in terms of any arguement about making them into primarys). However, I would probably never use the term "wrongo".

So we hate the Cowboys uniforms because they can't match silver, but we love the Vikings throwback and embrace the mismatched purples. Why do I get the feeling that if the Cowboys came out with a new design, some of you would be posting about how they need to go back to the old one and that the mismatched silvers were "classic" and charming?

I give the Vikings credit for making the throwbacks accurate. That is: plum purple helmet, different horn, gray facemask. They would be critiqued if the rolled them out as full time jerseys today, but I respect the Vikings more for doing it as it was back then. Even with the mismatched purples, these are still so far better than the garbage they wear now. Match up the purples, go with a purple facemask and maybe the new horn, and these jerseys would be great. Sure, I would prefer the (I believe late 70's) version with a yellow outline on the numbers, but these would still be great.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived